Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,160,802 times

Advertisements

Here is a good one. Debunk please.

Skinwalker Ranch - the strangest place on Earth - Altered Dimensions Paranormal

In northern Utah there exists a “ranch” so strange, so bizarre, that the National Institute for Discovery Science (owned by Las Vegas businessman and billionaire Bob Bigelow) purchased it solely for scientific research purposes. Located in the Uintah Basin near the town of Fort Duchesne, paranormal activities such as strange creatures, bizarre objects, black triangles, animal mutilations, and telepathic messages, have been reported on the 480 acre Skinwalker Ranch for hundreds of years. It is estimated that over half the population in the area have witnessed unusual paranormal activity on, or near what became known as the “Strangest Place on Earth”. Local Ute Indians believe the land to be cursed and tribe members are strictly forbidden to enter the property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,060,928 times
I don't know. I've been to some of those beaches where folks walk around in nothing but skin, and it isn't as fun as it sounds. People most eager to walk around naked usually aren't the hot cover models of the world, but more like the Ernest Borgnines of the world.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't know. I've been to some of those beaches where folks walk around in nothing but skin, and it isn't as fun as it sounds. People most eager to walk around naked usually aren't the hot cover models of the world, but more like the Ernest Borgnines of the world.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:39 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,710,554 times
I've been there... "skinwalker ranch" isn't even the epicenter of weirdness in the Uintah basin. There is a place called Dark Canyon where the skinwalkers actually live, not just pass through.

Of course you can't go tromping around the Goreman ranch but there really isn't a reason to as the phenomenon is widespread and not confined to that particular place; Bottle Hollow reservoir for example just a couple miles north of the Ranch has an even more sinister reputation for unexplained drownings, strange lights beneath the water and even UFOs going in and out of the lake. There's a campground right on the reservoir if you want to go spook-watching. The Uinta mountains are also famously spooky in many places and reportedly a Sasquatch haven and hiding spot for unimaginably rich Spanish gold mines.

As for the story itself, I personally believe most of it but I'm sure George Knapp sensationalized it somewhat because that's just what he does.

Like I said, stories of similar phenomenon have been reported all over that entire corner of the state since the 1800s when it was first settled by the pioneers and certainly into antiquity by the local Indian tribes. In that respect, "skinwalker ranch" is not special at all, just famous because it makes a great spooky story. People living in the area are generally tight-lipped about the supernatural though... in a place like that, poking sticks at the unknown is legitimately dangerous.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:23 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,047,309 times
Really interesting place with really weird alleged phenomena. I Heard portals would be seen opening up and beings floating through. They made a movie about it in 2013 that was an interesting watch and seemed to capture many of the phenomena, Including the beast that roams the grounds.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:23 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,082,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sure thing. A representative of the NIDSci, who purchased the ranch, admitted "difficulty obtaining evidence consistent with scientific publication."

In other words, for all the phenomena supposedly going on, they were not able to get even a single cell phone shot of a UFO, ghost, or cryptoid.

Or, to be even more blunt, there is nothing going on there and almost certainly never was.

I remember James Randi doing a debunk of this, although I haven't got he details.

I don't mean to be a wise guy, but since I was invited to debunk this, I have to ask...debunk what? I am reading a story about football sized crafts and giant wolf monsters. Even if this all took place befor the era of cell phone cameras, someone supposedly has been doing scientific tests here now sicne 1996.

Really? Nearly 20 years and not one snap shot of a giant wolf or a spaceship?

This is a hoax, and a fairly poor and obvious one. The narrative of wanting to abandon the ranch due to paranormal activity sounds suspiciously like another famous hoax- THE AMYTIVILLE HORROR. Indeed, someone was apparently dumb enough to by the place, so it seems to have worked. I am guessing there was no cattle mutilation phenomenon per se, but some standard die offs due to disease or predation, and the family wanted to unload the ranch when it began to fail financially.

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-10-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 12:51 PM

So how are the Indians hoaxing anyone? They state that they have been afraid of this place for quite some time.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So how are the Indians hoaxing anyone? They state that they have been afraid of this place for quite some time.
Native American have a lot of superstitions which are simply not true. There are not Wendigos out there either. No one has ever caught and Oh-ma or a sasquatch. And on and on.

I'll bet a lot of those Indians now have cell phones too, and still, not one picture of a gigantic wolf. If this phenomenon happens on a daily basis, why no pictures?

The answer is because it is a lot of baloney.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:40 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,710,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Native American have a lot of superstitions which are simply not true. There are not Wendigos out there either. No one has ever caught and Oh-ma or a sasquatch. And on and on.

I'll bet a lot of those Indians now have cell phones too, and still, not one picture of a gigantic wolf. If this phenomenon happens on a daily basis, why no pictures?

The answer is because it is a lot of baloney.
Or... a non-human intelligence that can jump in and out of our reality "fishbowl" at-will and that doesn't want us to know it exists or be documented but can't resist messing with us from time to time.

Incidentally, that's pretty how what the NIDS scientists felt about the whole thing, according to Knapp's book.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Or... a non-human intelligence that can jump in and out of our reality "fishbowl" at-will and that doesn't want us to know it exists or be documented but can't resist messing with us from time to time.

Incidentally, that's pretty how what the NIDS scientists felt about the whole thing, according to Knapp's book.
Please go ahead and read the part of Carl Sagan's "THE DEMON HAUNTED WORLD about the dragon in my garage.

Or don't bother- I will paraphrase.

1st Guy
There is a dragon in my garage.

2nd guy
Can I see it?

1st guy
No, it is invisible.

2nd guy
We can throw paint on it

1st guy
It will just make the paint invisible too.

2nd guy
Let throw powder of the ground. We can at least see its footprints.

1st guy
It is levitating

2nd guy
I can poke it with a stick

1st guy
It is also intangible

2nd guy
You know, I am begging to suspect that you do not REALLY have a dragon in your garage.

Your idea is simply absurd. The article talked about giant wolves and football sized craft, which are not hard to document at all. Objects moving on their own can easily be filmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal