Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:17 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,122,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What environment are you mentioning?
North America. I'm not sure you realize how many calories large primates need. Other people have already done our homework for us on this one.

Quote:
Top 10 Reasons Bigfoot Probably Doesn't Exist - Listverse The average Bigfoot sighting is purported to place the creature at approximately 8-9 ft tall and at 500-600 lb in weight. The problem here is that such an immense creature cannot be eating enough food to survive, because the impact on the food chain would be incredible. Scientists have proven that sasquatches would need to number in at least the tens of thousands to sustain themselves over the years through breeding. If these thousands of creatures are all packing away 5,000 calories worth of meat every day, where is the deficit in the animals/plants they are eating? Considering even a slight drop in the population of any given animal (or plant) causes large reverberations through the food chain, the statistics simply don’t add up.
More:

Bigfoot at 50 Evaluating a Half-Century of Bigfoot Evidence - CSI

I would love it if Bigfoot was out there. Love it. But there are two very big points arguing against it:

First and foremost the complete and total lack of one scrap of credible evidence. Not one good photo. Not one corpse. Not one good footprint. Not one pile of poo for scientists to analyze. Not one tuft of hair with unidentified DNA. Not one specimen captured alive. Not one creature hit by a car. Not one bone, much less a skeleton. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

Two, a mammal of that size would need a breeding population in the thousands in order not to die out, and there would have to be enough food to feed thousands of large mammals on a daily basis. So now you're asking me to believe that thousands of large mammals are roaming North America, hunting and gathering food, yet not leaving behind one scrap of evidence of their existence. Really?

If Bigfoot exists, the only plausible explanation is a paranormal one.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:51 AM

317 posts, read 494,210 times
Quote:
There are so many that love to be oh so right all the time and enjoy roasting a person over these creatures will never admit they are wrong even with great pictures or video but won't try to learn a thing about this stuff or go out in the field themselves.

I started out myself to bust this a a hoax but never ever got near that. Sure there are hoaxers out there and plenty of then.There are a lot more overwhelmingly honest. Without educating yourself in this regard then you will always say it isn't true.

As always i will get personal attacks against me or be out done by a fast typist or someone better at putting words on paper.

Personal attacks don't bother me one bit.I just understand their ignorance.
Based on all of your posts, it sounds as though you have had quite a few bigfoot encounters. Is there any way that you can post some videos or pictures of things that you have experienced?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:13 AM

6,748 posts, read 8,524,428 times
Real, not real, what's the problem? If it is real we will eventually find it just as we found the mythical pandas, or the hairy men in Africa that turned out to be gorrillas. Both species were known for centuries locally, but not "discovered" until relatively recently.
If it's just another species of primate, migratory, as long as there are large sections of wilderness for it to live in, as an omnivore, it could do quite well.

Todd Standing is a Canadian researcher and has some excellent footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHcC6WbwuUw

I know there are folks that have tried to say his films aren't genuine, but the evidence I've seen so far from the people trying to discount them is mostly based on the fact they don't want to believe it in the first place, not that they have a good argument.
Their attempts to recreate his shots are very poorly done.

It may be real, it may not. I've never seen one myself, but then again, I've never seen an African lion in the wild either.

I keep an open mind. It's possible, there is fossil evidence, lots of witnesses, quite a bit of video, there is also physical evidence something unidentifed is out there. So I'll wait until the hype is blown with either a body, or there is no place left they could be.

They exist, they don't, what does it matter either way?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:17 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,184,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
North America. I'm not sure you realize how many calories large primates need. Other people have already done our homework for us on this one.

More:

Bigfoot at 50 Evaluating a Half-Century of Bigfoot Evidence - CSI

I would love it if Bigfoot was out there. Love it. But there are two very big points arguing against it:

First and foremost the complete and total lack of one scrap of credible evidence. Not one good photo. Not one corpse. Not one good footprint. Not one pile of poo for scientists to analyze. Not one tuft of hair with unidentified DNA. Not one specimen captured alive. Not one creature hit by a car. Not one bone, much less a skeleton. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

Two, a mammal of that size would need a breeding population in the thousands in order not to die out, and there would have to be enough food to feed thousands of large mammals on a daily basis. So now you're asking me to believe that thousands of large mammals are roaming North America, hunting and gathering food, yet not leaving behind one scrap of evidence of their existence. Really?

If Bigfoot exists, the only plausible explanation is a paranormal one.

So now you're asking me to believe that thousands of large mammals are roaming North America, hunting and gathering food, yet not leaving behind one scrap of evidence of their existence. Really?

Not me not at all. All along i have just said go see for yourself!

"Not one good photo. Not one corpse. Not one good footprint. Not one pile of poo for scientists to analyze. Not one tuft of hair with unidentified DNA. Not one specimen captured alive. Not one creature hit by a car. Not one bone, much less a skeleton. Zip. Nada. Nothing."

There are good photos out there but very rare and you just haven't seen them. As i have said before that you need good equipment just as those photoing Mt Gorillas. I have had a pile of poo myself and it was full of berries and still steaming on a cold October morning in Oklahoma.I mean what do you or me do with a pile of poop? Irrc there are only two DNA laboratories allowed to do DNA testing on Primates. There have been reports over the years about these creatures being hit by vehicles. You just not have read the reports. Thousands of good foot prints and quite a few casts. You just have not seen them.

As for paranormal. I don't know squat about paranormal. Some thing is sure going on and anyone refuting the common information out there and then injecting paranormal into this is imo conflicting with Indians on what they say. You can't have it both ways.

Once a person has been out in the field a bit and had an experience or two, then you realize what use is there to proving or attempting to prove the existence. Anything short of a body will only get you ridiculed.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:22 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,045,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I once saw small foot...why do these fellow all have to have big feet?
They might tip over if their feet were small.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
There are good photos out there but very rare and you just haven't seen them.
So let's see them. I have seen a lot of blurry photos of people in costumes. I've seen some bad photoshop work. I have never seen a clear photograph of a sasquatch.

Quote:
As i have said before that you need good equipment just as those photoing Mt Gorillas.
Check this out:

A clear photograph of a mountain gorilla. Now show me one of Bigfoot.

Quote:
I have had a pile of poo myself and it was full of berries and still steaming on a cold October morning in Oklahoma.I mean what do you or me do with a pile of poop?
Bag it and tag it. Get it analyzed.

Quote:
Thousands of good foot prints and quite a few casts.
All of which are either inconclusive, from known animals, or debunked as hoaxes.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Based on all of your posts, it sounds as though you have had quite a few bigfoot encounters. Is there any way that you can post some videos or pictures of things that you have experienced?
Go back and read the thread"BIGFOOT TURNED OVER MY SLOWCOOKER" I posted several pictures etc in it.
I first went looking on 4th of July 2004. We were in the Mts of McCuurtain Cty and it was hotter than heck. Sen was going down and we had no idea where we actually were other than just in Oklahoma and Mts. No one could have hoaxed me because we turned around several times and saw no one. We camped by a creek with cold water running. I heard howlings off in the distance that were unbelievable but just what i had read about. Just after dark and big rock hit the creek sounding like a BIG rock. Dave that was with me suddenly got concerned because the rock hit within about 5 ft of him. Dave was a Vietnam vet that was Loadmstr or whatever on a C-130 and some of his missions were flying bodies home.

That is all for now. I have to drive 4 hrs and go to a Veterinary convention.

Later

Old 01-22-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Go back and read the thread"BIGFOOT TURNED OVER MY SLOWCOOKER" I posted several pictures etc in it.
Several? Links please. I saw the one picture, which looked like you took a picture of some brush and used MS Paint to put in some fake looking green eyes. No offence. Just being honest.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So let's see them. I have seen a lot of blurry photos of people in costumes. I've seen some bad photoshop work. I have never seen a clear photograph of a sasquatch.

Check this out:

A clear photograph of a mountain gorilla. Now show me one of Bigfoot.

Bag it and tag it. Get it analyzed.

All of which are either inconclusive, from known animals, or debunked as hoaxes.

You keep demanding things like you are the one in charge.YOU ARE NOT! You claim all this stuff debunked and that is not true at all. Go back and read the thread and look a the photos yourself.

rE; BLOBSQUATCHES: Take you average digital camera and go to any zoo with primates and take photos of them in some foliage and then get back with me after you see what the average person gets photo wise.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Take you average digital camera and go to any zoo with primates and take photos of them in some foliage and then get back with me after you see what the average person gets photo wise.
This isn't just the "average person," Versatile. Experts have been searching for Bigfoot for decades with the best high tech equipment available. They've used infrared, motion capture, and every tool imaginable to try to find some evidence. And they haven't found any.

If you have credible evidence, then share it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal