Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
So you think that to be civilized people have to have a stock market, power grid, social media? Well that is pretty limiting. I guess the Romans, Egyptians, Parisians in the 1700's were not civilized?
Strawman.

Quote:
I could actually probably make the a fairly strong argument that the stock market and social media are some of the least civilized places.
I don't care.

The rest of your post is just stupid pictures and you talking about something that is of little interest to me. I guess we're done here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 12:36 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Strawman.

I don't care.

The rest of your post is just stupid pictures and you talking about something that is of little interest to me. I guess we're done here.
I guess so since you are just going to make baseless accusations and not going to back up anything you say. You even question the use of your own examples.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
FYI: Since you can't see me, I'm just letting you know I'm raising my hand.

That said, I don't know that I call into the category of what you're calling the "I BELIEVE" attitude.

I have seen a UFO. By that I mean I saw something in the sky that I could not identify and behaved in a way that I cannot explain. That's it. I don't know if it was an alien, a top secret military aircraft, or the Silver Surfer. I don't know. It was UNIDENTIFIED.

Something is going on in our skies. There are hundreds of UFO reports every year. And they're not all by Billy Joe Jim Bob and Bubba on a back road well into their second case of beer. Many of them are by military personnel, airline pilots, doctors, engineers, and every day citizens. 95% or more of the sightings can be explained by known aircraft, natural phenomena, weather patterns, etc. It's the other 5% that will keep you up at night.

Aliens? Government conspiracy? On those issues, I am extremely skeptical. Open-minded, but skeptical. I think Zecharia Sitchin (or however you spell his name) was a first class nutter, and many of the UFologists are far too gullible and ready to believe anything and everything. But there are some really good critical studies out there, by people who set out to disprove all the hoo-ha and ended up realizing that something really is in our skies that we cannot explain.
Couldn't agree with you more, there are things observed by plain every-day ordinary people sometimes captured with media devices whose technology is misunderstood (witness the "flying rods").

Lemme ask you this, does Mankind fully understand the interaction between a man's/woman's brain and all the permutations of how the Multiverse works?

There are numerous studies by people who have agenda's, people who have the "LOOK AT MEEE" syndrome and people who just want to line their pockets with $$$$.

Until Mankind fully understand the innermost workings of the Multiverse of course some people will long for that UFO angle...

Old 06-15-2015, 05:10 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,652,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
What does everyone think about the rumors of ancient structures on the dark side of the moon? High ranking officials including a few that were involved with NASA have stated there are ancient structures littered across the back side of the moon. Its been reported that the structures are built on a MASSIVE scale some as much as 20 miles in height and several miles across. The strangest thing is that our moon is the only moon in the solar system where one side of the moon is never visible from the planet, almost is as if that was intentional. The evidence suggest that it was an ancient mining operation (maybe for Helium 3 which could be used as a great power source for earth.) A few NASA astronauts have said we were "warned off the moon" by an extraterrestrials which some say is the reason we never went back and why there is no plans to ever return. The focus has been on going to Mars.

Check out this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMbRcVBZIZk
A structure 20 miles high.LOL That's equal to 10,560 stores tall.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
A structure 20 miles high.LOL That's equal to 10,560 stores tall.
That assumes that aliens are the same average height as us. But yeah, it is a little unnecessary considering there does not seem to be a land shortage.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:44 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
That assumes that aliens are the same average height as us. But yeah, it is a little unnecessary considering there does not seem to be a land shortage.
It's not a structure. It's a cable TV antenna. It's REALLY hard to get a clear transmission from Planet Eludium Q-38 unless your antenna is at least 10,000 stories tall.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:31 AM

OK, if there are 20 mile high structures I can see that they figured that out. How do they know how old they are though?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Maybe it's so they can peak over the edge of the moon and see earth...yet still be hidden in the dark from our prying eyes.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:29 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Check out the strange anomaly from one of NASA's official photos
While I like to think of myself as open-minded to the possibility of life in other parts of the Universe, that photo (minus the obvious photoshop job) looks like a rock.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:11 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,317 times
Why would some of most respected NASA astronauts confirm "something" not from earth on the moon if it didn't exist?

Buzz Aldrin...Gordon Cooper...Edgar Mitchell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AAJ34_NMcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wah74pZDEc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal