Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:41 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

I recently watched that Aliens on the moon documentary, thanks Netflix, and I thought it was a bit far fetched. I believe there is other life in the universe and it sure would be cool if there were remnants of aliens on the moon but looking at the photos and shapes I didn't see it even when they put the lines over the shapes to tell me what I should be seeing. It was like that face that appeared on Mars but later turned out to be tricks of shadows across a mountain.
The supposed crash ship was compelling.
That thing they thought was a cooling tower like some of our nuclear power plants have looked more like a telescope to me. It is pictured at the start of this post.
I want to believe but I am skeptical.
Our eyes sometimes see what we want them to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 10:08 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
The problem is separating fact from fantasy. It seems if there is something to cover up, those in power would use disinformation, combining fact with fantasy to discredit the truth. One example is the spaceship photo. That seems to be legit but the "Mona Lisa" alien supposedly found in the ship is clearly a hoax. The alien looked like a wax dummy and no one was wearing gloves or face masks. Those are just basic things you would do when dealing with extraterrestrial biology. Sometimes ufologists stretch things a bit too far like on the H2 show Ancient Aliens.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:12 PM

275 posts, read 332,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I recently watched that Aliens on the moon documentary, thanks Netflix, and I thought it was a bit far fetched. I believe there is other life in the universe and it sure would be cool if there were remnants of aliens on the moon but looking at the photos and shapes I didn't see it even when they put the lines over the shapes to tell me what I should be seeing. It was like that face that appeared on Mars but later turned out to be tricks of shadows across a mountain.
The supposed crash ship was compelling.
That thing they thought was a cooling tower like some of our nuclear power plants have looked more like a telescope to me. It is pictured at the start of this post.
I want to believe but I am skeptical.
Our eyes sometimes see what we want them to.
This is something similar, but too far fetched as well. Oddly enough, a lot of the commenters believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZKq5Wgdjw

Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,881 times
I think people see what they want. Looks like natural formations to me.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:27 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
There are too many versions of the truth each of which have strong cases but most are bogus. Thing is, what if there were structures on the moon t hat seem to have been made by intelligent designs?

We don't have a way to go there so we rely on the Govt to show us pictures. That in itself raises the question about the validity of the images and the potential for govt concealing information.

Bottomline, anyting is possible but one thing is for sure, among the billions of star systems out there, we are definitely not alone. And when I say not alone, I mean there can be species that are:

- Emerging species just like we were as homo sapiens
- Way below our technological advancements
- On par with us
- Ahead of us by a few hundred years
- Ahead of us a few thousand years
- Ahead of us milllions of years

The scale of advancements ranges from a new species to the ones that can harvests the power of black holes and stars.

Food for thoughts.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:01 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
There are too many versions of the truth each of which have strong cases but most are bogus. Thing is, what if there were structures on the moon t hat seem to have been made by intelligent designs?

We don't have a way to go there so we rely on the Govt to show us pictures. That in itself raises the question about the validity of the images and the potential for govt concealing information.
That's not a reasonable argument. Most private citizens don't have a way to go deep into Antarctica. People who do usually have government grants to do so. By following your line of thought, should we also raise the question about the validity of the images (and reports) and the potential got government concealing information about the interior of Antarctica.

Just because ordinary citizens don't have a way to travel to the Moon, doesn't mean the government is trying to conceal information about alleged alien structures discovered on the Moon.

Quote:
Bottomline, anyting is possible but one thing is for sure, among the billions of star systems out there, we are definitely not alone. And when I say not alone, I mean there can be species that are:

- Emerging species just like we were as homo sapiens
- Way below our technological advancements
- On par with us
- Ahead of us by a few hundred years
- Ahead of us a few thousand years
- Ahead of us milllions of years

The scale of advancements ranges from a new species to the ones that can harvests the power of black holes and stars.

Food for thoughts.
While no one can say there are no other life, intelligent or otherwise, neither can it be said "...we are definitely not alone." The bottom line is that we still don't know one way or the other. To say there is intelligent life elsewhere among the billions of star systems out there, is based on speculation from our imagination.

I'm inclined to think there probably are other life forms out there, some probably intelligent. Until we actually discover some inconclusive evidence that is the result of artificial structures created by intelligent alien life forms, the question still remains unanswered. I'm not so optimistic about artificial ET structures on the Moon. Out of the profoundly numerous star systems in our own galaxy, why would our solar system, not to mention the Moon, stand out as anything special for investigation or construction by any space-faring ET's to travel enormous distances just to get here? Our Sun is a very common type of star. Choosing our solar system would be like trying to win the lottery. It can be done, but the odds are strongly against it.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That's not a reasonable argument. Most private citizens don't have a way to go deep into Antarctica. People who do usually have government grants to do so. By following your line of thought, should we also raise the question about the validity of the images (and reports) and the potential got government concealing information about the interior of Antarctica.

Just because ordinary citizens don't have a way to travel to the Moon, doesn't mean the government is trying to conceal information about alleged alien structures discovered on the Moon.

While no one can say there are no other life, intelligent or otherwise, neither can it be said "...we are definitely not alone." The bottom line is that we still don't know one way or the other. To say there is intelligent life elsewhere among the billions of star systems out there, is based on speculation from our imagination.

I'm inclined to think there probably are other life forms out there, some probably intelligent. Until we actually discover some inconclusive evidence that is the result of artificial structures created by intelligent alien life forms, the question still remains unanswered. I'm not so optimistic about artificial ET structures on the Moon. Out of the profoundly numerous star systems in our own galaxy, why would our solar system, not to mention the Moon, stand out as anything special for investigation or construction by any space-faring ET's to travel enormous distances just to get here? Our Sun is a very common type of star. Choosing our solar system would be like trying to win the lottery. It can be done, but the odds are strongly against it.
The moon argument is reasonable based on what we do not know. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. The fact that governments keep very classified information is in itself a premise to assume that much bigger things can be kept from the general public. Artartica is on Earth, we are talking another celestial body and the implication of possible intelligent visitors.

As for ET coming here, most likely the resource on this planet and what it has compared to other planets. I mysely am not sold on the artificial structures unless they can prove that they seem 'out of place' for their surroundings. So I'm not saying there have been definite proof but it raises the question about the possiblities. This topic iteself has too many variables, most of which are speculations of 'what if'?

Old 03-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
The moon argument is reasonable based on what we do not know. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. The fact that governments keep very classified information is in itself a premise to assume that much bigger things can be kept from the general public. Artartica is on Earth, we are talking another celestial body and the implication of possible intelligent visitors.
And that's exactly the point. It's trying to make a case based on what we do not know. That's understandable, but it isn't reasonable. It's interesting that you mention that it can be assumed much bigger things can be kept from the public because governments keep very classified information. Making an assumption is not in itself always factual, and assumptions can sometimes be quite wrong.

That's not to say governments don't keep classified secrets. Of course they do. If you think about it, the reason why NASA sent astronauts to the Moon was because John Kennedy established a goal that we would land a man on the Moon before the end of the 1960's. That was a public declaration though, not a classified secret. It was in relation to the "Space Race" which in itself was in relation to the "Cold War" between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. As you know, most of the Apollo astronauts, including those who landed on the Moon, were members or former members of the U.S. military. The U.S. is the only country that has ever sent anyone to the Moon.

The point about Antarctica was in relation to what you said, that "...we don't have a way to go there." I agree, that's true. There is no way at the present time for the general public to go to the Moon to whimsically frolic around, although that would be pretty cool to do. Not very many people have actually gone to the deep interior of the frozen continent. And those who have usually did so with government funding in the form of grants. Could there have been secret conditions to those missions and grants? I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind exploratory purposes to determine various kinds of military advantages.
http://history.nasa.gov/Apollomon/Apollo.html

In any case, the point about Antarctica was that just as the general public don't have a way to go to the Moon, neither do they have a way to go deep into Antarctica. It doesn't matter if it's it's on the Earth oor the Moon. So the point is indeed relative.

Quote:
As for ET coming here, most likely the resource on this planet and what it has compared to other planets. I mysely am not sold on the artificial structures unless they can prove that they seem 'out of place' for their surroundings. So I'm not saying there have been definite proof but it raises the question about the possiblities. This topic iteself has too many variables, most of which are speculations of 'what if'?
What kind of resources are there on Earth that would be of any great interest to an ET, assuming any ET's have ever been in the neighborhood?

I agree with you in that I'm not sold on the notion of any artificial structures on the Moon. I'd want to see conclusive proof. Fuzzy images don't count. The idea of artificial alien structures on the Moon was based on seeing images that were definitely not clear and have a host of more reasonable explanations that have nothing to do with aliens. Seeing artificial structures on the Moon simply gets down to nothing more than pareidolia. A lot of that concept has come from people like Richard Hoagland.

I also agree with you that there may well be other forms of intelligent life from elsewhere in the galaxy, although it's hard to imagine any visiting Earth. The problem is that there is only speculation and no conclusive evidence. Maybe life is a lot more common than we currently know. Or maybe life on Earth is a rare fluke in the cosmos. We don't yet know if there is any kind of life anywhere else in the galaxy or the solar system. If there is any other life in our solar system, my bet would be microbial life on Mars. On the other hand, if Mars proves to have always been lifeless, even though conditions may have been suitable for life in the distant past, I wouldn't be surprised with that either. Is there life elsewhere in the cosmos possible? Yes, it's possible. But that's about all we can say at the present time. It can't be ruled out, but we have no evidence to support it apart from speculation.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:58 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
I actually found out about this through this very thread a week or so ago, and it's interesting...could that be a simple rock formation, and not a spacecraft? Oddly, there seem to be no similar rock formations nearby...and I am of the flock that believes there are other inhabited planets out there who possibly observe us and our still-primitive ways from time to time. The 'Mona Lisa' alien inside is clearly BS (come on, no protective gear as you examine AN ALIEN CORPSE?).

This is very intriguing stuff (along with the Sumerian creation myths that form the basic framework of the bible), and if that IS an alien spacecraft on the moon, I seriously doubt we will get confirmation in our lifetimes.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I actually found out about this through this very thread a week or so ago, and it's interesting...could that be a simple rock formation, and not a spacecraft? Oddly, there seem to be no similar rock formations nearby...
Yes, it's entirely possible that is not an alien spacecraft, and could just be an elongated asteroid that drifted at a relatively slow speed and ended up landing there on the Moon long ago. That could explain why such an object would be there when there are no other similar rock formations nearby. There are some pretty strange shaped objects in the solar system. What we're seeing on this thread are images taken from various UFO websites. I'd like to see the original source image.

For example, here's a look at Prometheus, one of Saturn's moons.
Catalog Page for PIA12548
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal