U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:48 AM

124 posts, read 213,786 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had an encounter with them, or know someone who does. do you believe they exist.I had read an article about called "10 Creepy Stories of Encounter with Men in Black" that I wanted to share to all of you paranormal lovers.

10 Creepy Stories Of Encounters With Men In Black - Listverse
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:04 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,310,809 times
There's no such thing as "men in black". They're an invention of Albert Bender, who, IIRC, also wrote gay fiction.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:00 PM

12,202 posts, read 11,551,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubs View Post
Has anyone had an encounter with them, or know someone who does. do you believe they exist.I had read an article about called "10 Creepy Stories of Encounter with Men in Black" that I wanted to share to all of you paranormal lovers.

10 Creepy Stories Of Encounters With Men In Black - Listverse
Silly Chubs. They are the guys flying the black helicopters.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:10 PM

19,278 posts, read 22,958,753 times
They are Alex Trebek and Jesse Ventura.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:52 PM

4,182 posts, read 3,088,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
They are Alex Trebek and Jesse Ventura.
Jose Chung's: It Came From Outer Space is my favorite X-Files episode.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:33 AM

19,278 posts, read 22,958,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Jose Chung's: It Came From Outer Space is my favorite X-Files episode.
It's my second favorite. "Clyde Buckman's Final Repose" is sheer genius. Scary, sad, moving, and hilarious ... all in 47 minutes. Brilliant.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 PM

2,422 posts, read 3,377,909 times
Government agent thugs.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:23 PM

9,305 posts, read 10,429,362 times
I really liked the Men in Black movies.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:19 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,467,482 times
In all seriousness, MIBs were actual government field agents trying to get people to shut up about their UFO experiences in the 50s-60s, especially when the Gov realized most UFO reports were actually unintentional observations of covert black projects and the UFO truth-finders were doing far too well at mapping, timing and categorizing them....In other words, UFO fans were doing the KGB's job for them. Most everyone with an interest in the subject finds out the Russians were intensely interested in American "flying saucer" stories during that time; now you know why.

Obviously, thuggery ultimately didn't work very well so the gov tried a new strategy. They put a great deal of effort into "muddying the waters" of the UFO community with bogus stories, hoaxed pictures and even going as far as to perpetrate convincing UFO hoaxes (not a hard thing to do with military hardware and a bottomless budget!) and so forth to make any potentially useful intel gleaned by the public useless.

Back to the MIBs; as it would obviously cause problems if it was revealed government agents were doing bad things to innocent American citizens who unfortunately happened to see things they shouldn't have, so an image of MIB characters being somehow "unhuman" and suggesting they were aliens themselves was carefully cultivated into the popular mythology. In fact, virtually the entire standard set of "official" UFO lore is a total bumsteer set in motion by smart people in high (yet still earthly) places for the purpose of keeping real secrets hidden.

That's not to say there's no truth whatsoever to the UFO phenomena; it's just far beyond the comprehension of most hairless bipedal apes. Nor are most intelligent nonhuman entities truly aliens born on another planet like us and using their technology to come here, but that's for another thread.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:50 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,899,978 times
Does a woman in black count? Maybe it's some kind of Equal Opportunity thing.

It was back in the 90s about 2 days after I had seen a UFO while camping out - ordinary garden-variety saucer shape lit up with green light. Absolutely silent as it went down behind the trees.

A woman dressed in a black suit, no hat, came up to me at a picnic table while I was roasting some salmon on a big grill there at the park. We started talking about things and eventually about the UFO I had seen. I don't remember details about what we said. She seemed entirely human. If I remember correctly, she left in a black car.

That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal