Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:08 AM

4,969 posts, read 6,248,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I don't know what to call this...energy. It sounds silly to me if I try to put a word to it, like chi or life-force or whatever. I just think it is there. Why certain places can store it over others, escapes me. Why a old spooky house tends to be haunted as opposed to a nice new building - I don't get either. Theories such as running water, ley-lines, railroads, etc - whatever - Im not sure I buy completely in to it, but I'm okay with it.

When people start talking to ghosts, or claim to have been pushed or have stuff thrown at them - I think most of them are making it up, but I do think it can happen. To me, that is a demon. Once you die and have passed over, you can't interact with people here in this plane of existence. However, demons are servants of Satan, they are tricksters. They know how to emulate people and do things to make you think a certain person's spirit is still hanging around. But at the same time, when I hear about a person recently passing and a left behind loved one getting some sort of confirmation, warm feeling, or sign that the loved one is still there or watching over them - I don't want to completely rule that out as impossible - but I don't think it is something that can go on for an extended period of time.

As far as seeing a ghost, maybe. I have had the heavy, being watched, leave now skin tingling sensation before. I have experienced a weird smell, in my case, cigar smoke - appear and disappear where it shouldn't. The weird sighting I had was a "bobbing" green light along a RR track deep in some woods, but I can't confirm what it really was.

I think the bottom line is, there is some random-ness to it, and some negative sentience to it that will defy all means of regular science to quantify it by design.
I'm just curious, do you believe in the existence of angels on Earth then? I'm just wondering because I read a lot about demons and demonic possessions and things such as those but rarely anything about angels. Doesn't it seem if the most evil form of something is possible then its benevolent opposite would be possible, too? I've found myself brushing off the possibility of angels, usually thinking stories to be imagined or pictures to be faked but I've read with interest things about demons and demonic possession. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's too theological for a discussion about the paranormal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM

22,891 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I'm just curious, do you believe in the existence of angels on Earth then? I'm just wondering because I read a lot about demons and demonic possessions and things such as those but rarely anything about angels. Doesn't it seem if the most evil form of something is possible then its benevolent opposite would be possible, too? I've found myself brushing off the possibility of angels, usually thinking stories to be imagined or pictures to be faked but I've read with interest things about demons and demonic possession. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's too theological for a discussion about the paranormal.
But yes, demons are fallen angels. I know one person who is convinced she was aided by an angel.

In the Bible, angels appear as one of two ways: Either in all their majesty so that the first thing they always have to say is, "Don't be afraid!" Or they appear as normal human beings so that the people they visit often don't even know they're angels.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Yes. I do believe in angels and yes, I think demons are angels that serve Satan.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But yes, demons are fallen angels. I know one person who is convinced she was aided by an angel.

In the Bible, angels appear as one of two ways: Either in all their majesty so that the first thing they always have to say is, "Don't be afraid!" Or they appear as normal human beings so that the people they visit often don't even know they're angels.
I know a person who is convinced she was aided by an angel as well. She was being tormented by a demon, the angel drove it way. So she describes. Its a frightening story. This gal doesn't have an imagination that would allow her to make something like this up. She's not...overly creative.

Her descriptions, of how this thing would manifest, and things it said to her. Its was a scary tale , she told. I have no reason to disbelieve her. Other people that were close to her at the time, corroberate things, but refuse to relate details. I came into the picture a bit later, and , from what I've heard, that's just fine I missed it.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Here is a new one for me. Looks interesting except i have no knowledge of this stuff.

Only one page long.

Panspermia the small metal globe was discovered

It now seems unlikely that extraterrestrial living organisms could have reached the Earth either as spores driven by the radiation pressure from another star or as living organisms imbedded in a meteorite. As an alternative to these nineteenth-century mechanisms, we have considered Directed Panspermia, the theory that organisms were deliberately transmitted to the Earth by intelligent beings on another planet.

We conclude that it is possible that life reached the Earth in this way, but that the scientific evidence is inadequate at the present time to say anything about the probability. We draw attention to the kinds of evidence that might throw additional light on the topic.

Scientists: Aliens May Have

Old 03-05-2015, 05:42 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,846,583 times
Ghosts. Definitely ghosts. I also love reading about strange things that happen to people that can't be explained.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:16 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Wondering if this ties in with strange creatures that are seen. Theories on time create differences in thought.

There Is No Time. There Never Was and There Never Will Be.

The accepted norm:

The current predominant world paradigm is that if a thing can not be explained, detailed, analysed and documented by linear scientific thought processes then it’s mumbo jumbo. If you have a spiritual explanation for human existence then your crazy, you’re in dream land. The scientific mindset says everything in the universe must be capable of explanation either now or at some point in the future by scientific analytic methods alone. Science says “In the absence of scientific proof it’s not worth the time discussing. If it can not be put in a box with a label then forget it. Go figure out what box you can put it in, label it, then come back to us and we’ll see if we agree”. Can you see the limitations that this puts on human development?

There Is No Time. There Never Was and There Never Will Be. | Yatzu.com

Old 03-06-2015, 03:46 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,846,583 times
Thanks for reminding me, Versatile. I'm also interested in timeslips.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,140,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Thanks for reminding me, Versatile. I'm also interested in timeslips.
I love timeslips, too - my favorites are two stories: one is about two couples traveling through England and staying in a quaint inn somewhere; later on the way back from France, they tried to find the same inn and looked at exactly the same place they were, but they never did find the inn again. They then remembered how dated everything looked while they were staying there. The other story was about two retired teachers visiting Versailles in the 1920s, and they went through a timeslip returning to Marie Antoinette's time.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:43 PM

933 posts, read 1,474,528 times
I used to love, love learning about ghosts and the like, but currently, its Bigfoot and life after death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal