Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:00 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What made this 3 toed track?

Nothing I've searched has brought up the information I'm looking for. I watched a documentary on this mystery above, think itwas on Discovery. Its what got me into this particular mystery. In this case, my gut tells me there is something really strange out there. Cattle ranchers are losing stock to this thing, and it/they are brutal killers.

They filmed and examined a couple kills, supposedly made by these things. Coyotes or even a Mountain Lion could not have done what was done. Full grown, 1000+ pound cows, completely tore apart and scattered, and these three toed, very large, tracks all over the kill site. These animals are totally nocturnal. No daytime activity has been reported.

Strange, howling like, noises were recorded and video of sillohettes, at tree lines and sky lining low hills, show a very oddly shaped quadraped. Yes, high in the front, low on the hips, like a hyena, but longer in body and BIGGER. I would love to put a team together and go check this out. This is the stuff I really get into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:16 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
I adore a good ghost story. Out of all the paranormal varieties, ghosts are most likely to be real, in my mind. It's certainly seemed that way throughout history.

Never had any experience.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:28 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I adore a good ghost story. Out of all the paranormal varieties, ghosts are most likely to be real, in my mind. It's certainly seemed that way throughout history.

Never had any experience.
This is where I stand. I love ghosts and hauntings. I have a ton of books about ghost hunting and true ghost stories. I've experienced strange things, including in the house we live in now, but I haven't chalked anything up to it being haunted. I feel it would take a lot to make me truly believe. I'm one of the lucky ones in that while my wife doesn't even believe in the possibility and does like to give me a hard time about it, she also understands I'm very fascinated by it and she completely respects that.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
...Out of all the paranormal varieties, ghosts are most likely to be real, in my mind...
Well, think about that for a minute. What would you have to do to be made a "ghost," and who/what would be the entity that converted you into a "ghost?"

I mean, come on, someone/something has the power to make you "hang-out" in a particular space simply because you died a horrible death there? If it's because they "refuse to follow the light" don't you think that, at some point, scaring the hell out of people would lose its appeal and they would "move on?"

Ghosts don't concern me in the least, but the idea that one could be converted into a ghost upon death is terrifying.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It's my understanding that the Philippines is one of the more 'superstitious' of places. I put that in quotes because who knows if the stories of strange critters or supernatural situations are real or not. That being said, I add that it was my (psychic) father that came from the Philippines.

Some years ago I was in a guided group meditation and in my adventure I encountered a horse headed man. Several weeks later while looking for something unrelated and random on the Internet, I happend across a website about the lore of the Philippines. Within was the description of a horse headed man.
I have never been to the Philippines, and really know very little about the culture, so it was a moment of wonder.

I'm game for an excursion to the Islands to search for strange creatures. I'm not scared!
I would love to go back. Though my jungle craft has been replaced by desert and woodcraft, and I'm a man now, not a wide eyed boy, looking at a 5' tall man like he was Anfre' the Giant. Lol. There are many legends, spreading from Luzon to the Moroland.

As it stands, I think I have enough demons and monsters I can chase stateside, closer to home. These canines have my attention. I can hit the woods, and just gimme ONE clean shot. We will see what makes these critters tick. I believe they are some type of evolved, meaning mutated, hybrid animal. And they are quite real.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:02 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Well, think about that for a minute. What would you have to do to be made a "ghost," and who/what would be the entity that converted you into a "ghost?"

I mean, come on, someone/something has the power to make you "hang-out" in a particular space simply because you died a horrible death there? If it's because they "refuse to follow the light" don't you think that, at some point, scaring the hell out of people would lose its appeal and they would "move on?"

Ghosts don't concern me in the least, but the idea that one could be converted into a ghost upon death is terrifying.
But -- according to lore -- a lot of times a haunt is a more like a video tape on playback. Like Catherine Howard's ghost, who screams while being dragged back to her rooms before her execution. Her anguish was so great, it imprinted on the walls themselves to be replayed over and over.

I just love that thought. I also like to think a love so great could do imprint too.

But do I know this? No. But this appeals to my romantic nature.

And not being able to get past something is very human trait. So yeah -- I can see a horrific murder causing a person to get stuck in spirit form. Or more so than that -- have something so awful happen that you can't get over, and when you die you go back there and get stuck. Or being a horrible person in life, and being scared of the judgement that follows when you go in to the light keeps you stuck here.

Lots of reasons....

Old 02-12-2015, 12:35 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
OBE's (out of body experiences),
Oh yes, that too and NDE's.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:09 AM

Lot of interest in spirit related phenomena. Getting a glimpse of what's next, so to speak. My interest in this area is...tempered...by caution. While its is fascinating, in a way, it scares the bejesus out of me. I have tended to relate spirits and ghosts with ...bad things. Demonic things.

I know there's a lot more to it, but I would rather face a ravening, slavering, 300# sabre toothed canine predator, never before seen, than something incorporeal, that I can't see, that can throw me around like a ragdoll. Or, worse yet, follow me home and get...comfortable.

I have had a ...spooky... experience before, and I didn't enjoy it, at all. I related it to but one person, and the ridicule was...annoying. This happened at work. In an old, abandoned, WW2 era, bomb production building. I know what I felt, and what I saw. I had been in this building a lot of times before. It wasn't like I was wound tight going in or anything. Anyway, enough about that.

Ghosts scare me. Lol

Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 AM

857 posts, read 975,480 times
Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Woodbooger, whatever you prefer to call them. That's mine.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:36 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby1half View Post
Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Woodbooger, whatever you prefer to call them. That's mine.
I once read about 3 legged Pete. Pete was a Texas Ranger and one of the bosses. Pete had Polio and it left his right knee bent backwards. That didn't stop Pete he had an artificial leg of sorts and his knee went backwards and he rode a horse and could dance with the best of them. Pete met a gal that lived out in the brush down in Texas and he married her. He told his friends that if he hadn't married her a BRUSH APE would just get her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal