Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:20 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.
That sounds like how the Annabelle story starts. The demon pretends to be a little girl in order to gain the people's trust because they want to help 'the child'.

I remember seeing another story similar to that but I can't remember if it was on Paranormal Witness or Paranormal Activity or it's own documentary. This couple moved into a house and the rooms she was setting up for her nursery was haunted by what she thought was a little girl. It even gave her a name and became attached to the stuffed animals. So they brought it more stuffed animals wanting to comfort the ghost and make it feel welcome so it didn't feel threatened by sharing the room. Strange things happened. It became more violent and some Christmas pictures were taken with some scary unexplainable things in them. Finally it turned so violent they had to leave and it was revealed to be a demon. I wish I could remember where that was. They did their research and there was nothing strange about the place. Nobody knows why an demon picks a certain place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Over the past two months my husband, my brother in law (who has been staying with us while he looks for a house in our area) and I have all heard the voice of our 18 year old daughter - when she is at school, at work, or otherwise not home.

Any ideas?
This sounds like residual energy of teenage girls. Sometimes points in time are captured in space even though the person is long gone or could still be living. Dormant energy can be stimulated by the cords of a similar vibrations.

Another theory is we all have invisible means of communications through thought forms like the collective conscience. We especially have these means of communication through friends and family. When we form attachments we are putting our hooks or plugs into each other like silver cords attached to our belly buttons sending information back and forth communicating on a higher level. You could be having entire conversations going on in the room of this higher level with each other where your spirits are visiting while your physical selves are going about your day. This becomes more active while family and friends are visiting such as the uncle. It's kind of like hearing a song in your head and turning on the radio to find your song at the exact place your singing it in your mind. We're tuned in to each other. So it would be natural for the family to hear the lively daughter getting your attention when she's not around.

Also our loved ones and ancestors that have passed on tend to gather and watch the family during family events such as holidays, birthdays, weddings, ect. It's like a big spirit festival sometimes and can get really crowded with everyone arriving the night before something is to take place and they start checking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 02:48 PM

69 posts, read 99,549 times
Quote:
Over the past two months my husband, my brother in law (who has been staying with us while he looks for a house in our area) and I have all heard the voice of our 18 year old daughter - when she is at school, at work, or otherwise not home.

It emanates from her bedroom, the bathroom upstairs, the living room and sometimes the screened in porch - which is "L" shaped. So we will be on the front side of the porch and we will hear girlish chatter and giggling from the side of the porch. Last night it was so noticeable that we thought she'd come home from work early and entered the porch on the side, presumably with a friend.

My husband actually got up to check. No one was there and her car was not in the driveway.

Other than the fact that the last owners of the house foreclosed, nothing evil or negative happened in our home. No murders. No suicides. Nothing.

Our house was built in 1923 or 4. The first owners were actually members of the same church that we attend, which is at the end of the block.We know quite a bit about them, both from research and from a couple who are in their late 80s who attend our church and are quite knowledgeable about who lived here, over the years.

The family who built the house had a son and a daughter - the same years apart as our children are - except that the daughter was the eldest.

The daughter attended the same high school as our daughter does, which is not that strange.

She graduated from the University of North Dakota, then entered the army and was a spy - she was fluent in Japanese.

Strangely, our daughter gets a lot of mail from the University of North Dakota. She never expressed an interest in that school. My daughter has expressed an interest in entering the Army, though.

1. Has anyone else ever heard the voice of a living family member when they were not at home?

2. This is a very happy, hectic and heady time in my daughter's life. She is about to graduate from high school, prom is coming up, she is going to be leaving home in the Fall and going away to college - because she is happy - yet anxious - about the changes in her life.

Could this be a form of poltergeist activity?

3. Could the fact that a girl with many similar interests and associations - once lived in her bedroom - attract the spirit of the girl whose parents built the house - be attracted to the goings on here - graduation from her High School, attending her prom, my daughter speaking to Army recruiters.

4. There are no "logical" explanations. We are all hearing my daughter's voice from other rooms. There is no doubt about it.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?
The key word the previous owners "foreclosed" on this property. This a very difficult time for any home owner to foreclose on a place they thought they would stay in for years to come. There are other similarities you are describing about the same church, same school, ages. Their energy was so strong especially when they are the ones that built the house. It is like an artist creating a painting or a statue all their emotions happy and sad plus their dreams are tied into this house. It is probably not a negative energy but a imprint of a chapter in their life that is playing out. Try using a tape recorder at night and asking this energy to identify itself and go from there.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:44 AM

329 posts, read 225,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.
I agree with this.

I have heard one of my kids saying, "Mommm!" and then realized he or she wasn't even in the house at the time I heard the voice. We have experienced all sorts of paranormal "trickery" in the past so I don't doubt for a minute that the voice I've heard is mimicry thanks to one of the unseen entities.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Here are my thoughts on what might be happening in your house:

1) It could be the spirit of the young woman who once lived there. If so, she may have well sounded a lot like your daughter. It could be that she is hanging around the house because she has happy memories of living there. She may be drawn to your daughter. This also could explain why your daughter has gotten mail from U of ND. Perhaps, the spirit was happy going to school there and thinks your daughter would be, too.

2) As for those who think it may be a lower entity who is doing this---yes---it is possible. I'll ask you this---when you hear the girl talking, how does it make you feel? Do you get a good feeling or a bad feeling? If it is the latter, listen to your gut.

3) If you really want to get to the bottom of this, have a medium who has a good reputation come to your house. S/he will be able to figure out what is going on. Should you want to do this, in order to find a good medium you can start with a google search. Type in "psychic medium "your city", "your state". Also, if you have a new age bookstore nearby, stop in and ask if they can recommend someone.
------------------------------------------
I've had similar experiences. When we bought our first home, it was a new townhouse. One day, shortly after moving in, I heard 2 men talking. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. At first, I thought that one of my neighbors was home and since we shared a wall, that's what I was hearing. However, at the time no one was home in either house. Nor was anyone outside.

I tried making sense of what they were saying, but the only thing I could clearly make out was one of them getting animated and saying "yeah! yeah!"

Eventually, when I heard them talking again, I called out loudly "hello?". It was obvious that they heard me because they stopped talking I would have loved to know who they were...

Old 05-03-2015, 03:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:

It emanates from her bedroom, the bathroom upstairs, the living room and sometimes the screened in porch - which is "L" shaped. So we will be on the front side of the porch and we will hear girlish chatter and giggling from the side of the porch. Last night it was so noticeable that we thought she'd come home from work early and entered the porch on the side, presumably with a friend.

My husband actually got up to check. No one was there and her car was not in the driveway.

Other than the fact that the last owners of the house foreclosed, nothing evil or negative happened in our home. No murders. No suicides. Nothing.

Our house was built in 1923 or 4. The first owners were actually members of the same church that we attend, which is at the end of the block.We know quite a bit about them, both from research and from a couple who are in their late 80s who attend our church and are quite knowledgeable about who lived here, over the years.

The family who built the house had a son and a daughter - the same years apart as our children are - except that the daughter was the eldest.

The daughter attended the same high school as our daughter does, which is not that strange.

She graduated from the University of North Dakota, then entered the army and was a spy - she was fluent in Japanese.

Strangely, our daughter gets a lot of mail from the University of North Dakota. She never expressed an interest in that school. My daughter has expressed an interest in entering the Army, though.

1. Has anyone else ever heard the voice of a living family member when they were not at home?

2. This is a very happy, hectic and heady time in my daughter's life. She is about to graduate from high school, prom is coming up, she is going to be leaving home in the Fall and going away to college - because she is happy - yet anxious - about the changes in her life.

Could this be a form of poltergeist activity?

3. Could the fact that a girl with many similar interests and associations - once lived in her bedroom - attract the spirit of the girl whose parents built the house - be attracted to the goings on here - graduation from her High School, attending her prom, my daughter speaking to Army recruiters.

4. There are no "logical" explanations. We are all hearing my daughter's voice from other rooms. There is no doubt about it.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?

FYI - I started reading this post and got a chill up my spine. I wasn't feeling anything emotional so it was odd. Just thought you'd be interested.

As a kid I often heard my mom calling me when she was at work but I've largely chalked this up to auditory hallucinations since I just really missed her when she was at work.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:47 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousive1 View Post
The key word the previous owners "foreclosed" on this property. This a very difficult time for any home owner to foreclose on a place they thought they would stay in for years to come. There are other similarities you are describing about the same church, same school, ages. Their energy was so strong especially when they are the ones that built the house. It is like an artist creating a painting or a statue all their emotions happy and sad plus their dreams are tied into this house. It is probably not a negative energy but a imprint of a chapter in their life that is playing out. Try using a tape recorder at night and asking this energy to identify itself and go from there.

The people who built the house in the 1920s - did NOT foreclose. The people who foreclosed owned the house for five years. They had three sons.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:00 AM

Three creepy events occurred after I posted.

We have a mini dachshund who is very good at negotiating our staircase. She in only three, and she has no physical problems. At night she sleeps in bed with us.

Every morning she "leads me" in going down stairs. A few days ago, the went before me on her way down stairs and she literally flipped - head over heals - down the stairs. It was frightening for her - and for me. Miraculously, she was un hurt physically. Now she will not walk downstairs.

A week before my daughter had her prom. She put her necklace and earrings on her vanity. She went back and they were gone. Several family members checked.
Over and over.

My husband looked under the same scarf that we all had - after 15-20 minutes of looking - and the jewelry reappeared.

We have also heard giggling and chatter from my daughter's room. One thing that we heard was the name "Ruthie" - we know no one of that name. The other thing was "Harding" - the name of my daughter's HS and the HS that the first owner - builder's children attended.

The rest was unintelligible.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:02 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Three creepy events occurred after I posted.

We have a mini dachshund who is very good at negotiating our staircase. She in only three, and she has no physical problems. At night she sleeps in bed with us.

Every morning she "leads me" in going down stairs. A few days ago, the went before me on her way down stairs and she literally flipped - head over heals - down the stairs. It was frightening for her - and for me. Miraculously, she was un hurt physically. Now she will not walk downstairs.

A week before my daughter had her prom. She put her necklace and earrings on her vanity. She went back and they were gone. Several family members checked.
Over and over.

My husband looked under the same scarf that we all had - after 15-20 minutes of looking - and the jewelry reappeared.

We have also heard giggling and chatter from my daughter's room. One thing that we heard was the name "Ruthie" - we know no one of that name. The other thing was "Harding" - the name of my daughter's HS and the HS that the first owner - builder's children attended.

The rest was unintelligible.
Theres obviously some harmless spirit activity and residual energy. You're sharing the house with 'the others'.

If theres concern, contact a credible medium.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:47 AM

I'm fine with sharing the house. Talk and laugh all you want. We find it interesting.

What is not interesting or fun is throwing my dog down the stairs.

So...yeah. I think I need to speak to a medium.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:57 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
How long have you lived in this house? Did these things start happening recently? Did they start happening only after your brother in law moved in? Do you know if anyone by the name of Ruth lived there before you? If it is recent I wonder why all of a sudden they would show up. I have heard of people moving into a home and the spirits already being there, but for them to just show up there has to be a reason why.

While you look for a medium you can just try telling the spirit you want them to leave, tell them it is time for them to go. You can try using sage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal