Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 10:57 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times

Advertisements

Just thought of one:

Every year around Christmas/Hanukkah, my dad sent a check that he referred to as "holiday gelt." One year he tried to give it to me through PayPal but he sent it to an account I was phasing out without asking me first. I couldn't get it without giving them my bank account # which I didn't want to do. I told my dad that I couldn't get it and he said that I will get it but it will take a long time. I actually forgot about it.

Fast forward: My dad passed away in April 2012. In December that year I thought to myself that the holiday gelt will not be coming for the first time in my life. It made me a little sad-NOT not getting the money but the fact that my dad wasn't there to give it. Anyway, my husband & I always read the paper in the morning. One day, my husband said that they gave a list of unclaimed money and my name was on that list. I filled out the paperwork and got the money but they never told me what it was from. I called the state to ask them and they said it was from PayPal. OMG-it was Dad's holiday gelt! So, I did get it from him that year after all.

Cat
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
I didn't have time to present this weird one, the other day, and have no repeated it to anyone except a couple of friends. It was THE weirdest event I have ever experienced, and has to be the gran daddy of all coincidences, if they come in chains. I have no explanations for these events, and it freaked me out for a week or so after it happened. I didn't tell it much, because it sounded so far fetched, I had a hard time believing it myself.

A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me three or four boxes of old Occult Books, (Hardbound Antiques) he had found, in a bunch of Antiques he had purchased. He know I was interested in all that kind of Super Natural stuff, so he just gave them to me. The Books dated from the late 1700s to the early 1900s, and where very nice books , some lettered in Gold and fancy bindings.

I came home early one night, and decided to do some reading, so I pulled out one of the Books like A Book of Spells, and started reading it. I probably read for about an hour or two, and got sleepy, and found myself just staring at a page, instead of reading, so decided to turn in. I laid the book on the nightstand, open, so mot to lose the page. I think I was almost asleep or just had fallen asleep, and started a Dream. In the Dream, there was a pitch black room and wall, with a single door in it, and all this intense white light showing through to outside crack around the door, and the keyhole. The old style keyhole had a strange shape on the end of it, like a triangle instead of a flat flap type paddle. Then I saw a gold key, floating in the middle of the room, and saw it had the same kind of end. I discovered, in the Dream, I could move the key by thinking, and decided to move it over to the door keyhole. It floated over to the door and started into the keyhole, when everything went berserk.

It was a warm spring night, no wind, abut 70 outside and quiet, and the windows where open. As the key hit the keyhole, the railings on my old Antique Oak bed, that hold up the box springs and mattress, both split in half down their lengths, and the mattress fell 18 to 20 inches to the floor with me in it. Needless to say, that was the end of that Dream. At the same time, the wind started blowing almost at gale gusts, blowing the curtains inside the room straight out from their hangers, and whipping around. One curtain wiped off a vase and a dish off the bookstand, and the dish fell and shattered in the floor. The trees out side where whipping back and forth and hitting the house sides, making weird shadows that looked like things flying across the windows outside, and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in those few minutes. I was freaking out, and don't mind saying so. Then, as if some one had thrown a switch, the wind stopped, with not even a breeze. I must have broke into a sweat, because I remember getting up and changing my T shirt. I finally went back to sleep, and woke up in the morning and immediately thought it had been a dream, but the bed was still on the ground, a curtain was stuck back behind a picture hanging on the wall, and the dish glass was all over the floor. I went to work, and thought about it all day, and how weird that all was. I did wonder what the book I had been reading was, and could not think of the name, or remember what the book looked like, Later, when I got home, I went upstairs to see what the book was, but it was gone. There was no book on the Nightstand where I had left it.

The next night, I packed up all the Books and returned them to my friend. It was just way too weird for me, and just seemed to be too many coincidences all run together at one time. I try to think it was all just a chain of events, but the "wonder" factor still comes out in me some time, and I still have to wonder what all that was about. Also, I don't read any of that anymore, and haven't for years.

Told you it sounded like a tall tail, and I don't blame a soul if they laugh and disbelieve it. I have a hard time believeing it myself, still today.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
When I was married, my husband and I had a particular problem that nagged at me. It was too personal to talk to anyone about.

I started a new job and became friends with another girl who started at the same time. One day we were taking a break in the lunch room near the end of the day. It was winter, so the sun was going down earlier. She was facing a window and the setting sun began to illuminate her face. All of a sudden, she stopped our conversation and asked . . . "Why do you and your husband have a problem with XYZ?"

I was in a state of shock. I wondered if there was a neon sign over my head. She could not possibly know about a problem that no one knew about. I'd only known her for a few weeks and certainly wouldn't have talked about it. I asked her why she said that and she replied that it just popped into her mind.

She later told me that she had been psychic since she was a child, and she didn't know that other people couldn't see the same things she saw. Her friends always came to her to ask questions about their lives because of this. When she got older, she realized her ability wasn't "normal".

Later, at a completely different job, I was walking down a hallway when a coworker came out of the elevators and started walking toward me. When she saw me, she loudly called out the quirky nickname my husband had for me. Believe me, it was a weird weird name and you could never guess it in a million years. I have NEVER told anyone that name.

I was astounded and asked her where that came from. She looked surprised too and said she had no idea. It just came into her head.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 04-18-2015 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Have any of you seen that TV show in which they took a pair if identical twins and got them to read each others minds? Not that intricate but something like Shooting Stars account. They got the one young lady to randomly select a word from a dictionary then got her to keep thinking that word while the other twin who was on the other side of the Thames had to write down the first word that popped into her head. It was DOG. And correct!

Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,116,410 times
I was thinking of a plate of shrimp, and someone said "plate of shrimp."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RWWl01JMc

Its all part of the cosmic consciousness...the lattice of co-incidence.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I felt it was extra weird because of the length of time i hadn't seen these two people combined with the length of time i hadnt even thought about them.
Yes, this happened to me too. I had a dream about someone I hadn't seen or talked to in years. We didn't have mutual friends, so there was no mention of her either, for years. I had a dream that she was pregnant and had a blond haired boy. A little while later, I saw her. I couldn't believe I was seeing her after all those years! I said "This is crazy, I just dreamt that you were pregnant and had a blonde haired baby boy." She said "Oh, wow, I am pregnant, and I am having a boy!" Of course she didn't know what color his hair was, but, I haven't seen her again, so I don't know if that part came true, lols. Something else that is strange about this is that when we used to see each other, years ago, she didn't think she could have anymore babies, so why I would dream that is really strange.

It was so weird that I dreamed about her that I told my family that I had that dream, and they said I wonder why you would dream about her. We haven't seen or talked to her in years! So, they couldn't believe it when I told them I saw her and she was pregnant, with a boy. We still talk about it.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:40 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I didn't have time to present this weird one, the other day, and have no repeated it to anyone except a couple of friends. It was THE weirdest event I have ever experienced, and has to be the gran daddy of all coincidences, if they come in chains. I have no explanations for these events, and it freaked me out for a week or so after it happened. I didn't tell it much, because it sounded so far fetched, I had a hard time believing it myself.

A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me three or four boxes of old Occult Books, (Hardbound Antiques) he had found, in a bunch of Antiques he had purchased. He know I was interested in all that kind of Super Natural stuff, so he just gave them to me. The Books dated from the late 1700s to the early 1900s, and where very nice books , some lettered in Gold and fancy bindings.

I came home early one night, and decided to do some reading, so I pulled out one of the Books like A Book of Spells, and started reading it. I probably read for about an hour or two, and got sleepy, and found myself just staring at a page, instead of reading, so decided to turn in. I laid the book on the nightstand, open, so mot to lose the page. I think I was almost asleep or just had fallen asleep, and started a Dream. In the Dream, there was a pitch black room and wall, with a single door in it, and all this intense white light showing through to outside crack around the door, and the keyhole. The old style keyhole had a strange shape on the end of it, like a triangle instead of a flat flap type paddle. Then I saw a gold key, floating in the middle of the room, and saw it had the same kind of end. I discovered, in the Dream, I could move the key by thinking, and decided to move it over to the door keyhole. It floated over to the door and started into the keyhole, when everything went berserk.

It was a warm spring night, no wind, abut 70 outside and quiet, and the windows where open. As the key hit the keyhole, the railings on my old Antique Oak bed, that hold up the box springs and mattress, both split in half down their lengths, and the mattress fell 18 to 20 inches to the floor with me in it. Needless to say, that was the end of that Dream. At the same time, the wind started blowing almost at gale gusts, blowing the curtains inside the room straight out from their hangers, and whipping around. One curtain wiped off a vase and a dish off the bookstand, and the dish fell and shattered in the floor. The trees out side where whipping back and forth and hitting the house sides, making weird shadows that looked like things flying across the windows outside, and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in those few minutes. I was freaking out, and don't mind saying so. Then, as if some one had thrown a switch, the wind stopped, with not even a breeze. I must have broke into a sweat, because I remember getting up and changing my T shirt. I finally went back to sleep, and woke up in the morning and immediately thought it had been a dream, but the bed was still on the ground, a curtain was stuck back behind a picture hanging on the wall, and the dish glass was all over the floor. I went to work, and thought about it all day, and how weird that all was. I did wonder what the book I had been reading was, and could not think of the name, or remember what the book looked like, Later, when I got home, I went upstairs to see what the book was, but it was gone. There was no book on the Nightstand where I had left it.

The next night, I packed up all the Books and returned them to my friend. It was just way too weird for me, and just seemed to be too many coincidences all run together at one time. I try to think it was all just a chain of events, but the "wonder" factor still comes out in me some time, and I still have to wonder what all that was about. Also, I don't read any of that anymore, and haven't for years.

Told you it sounded like a tall tail, and I don't blame a soul if they laugh and disbelieve it. I have a hard time believeing it myself, still today.
I believe you. You have no reason to lie about it. That's very bizarre!

Old 04-19-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I believe you. You have no reason to lie about it. That's very bizarre!
Thanks. Your right, I don't, but it was so bizarre that it sounds like a fiction story. Another weird thing was there where two other people in the house, asleep, and neither heard the windstorm, which was all over in about a half a minute. I did learn a lesson. If you start to dream about a door and a key, wake up quick. Don't try to open it.... Still wonder where the book went to, but don't really want to know.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Last night I posted the clip of REPO man, discussing co-incidences. REPO MAN starred Harry Dean Stanton.

Today I was talking to my boss, and he mentioned ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, which featured Harry Dean Stanton.

I came home, and my wife turned on the television...RED DAWN was on, with a scene in it featuring Harry Dean Stanton playing.

It seems most of my life in the last 24 hours has revolved around Harry Dean Stanton.

Co-incidence...or synchronicity?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Last night I posted the clip of REPO man, discussing co-incidences. REPO MAN starred Harry Dean Stanton.

Today I was talking to my boss, and he mentioned ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, which featured Harry Dean Stanton.

I came home, and my wife turned on the television...RED DAWN was on, with a scene in it featuring Harry Dean Stanton playing.

It seems most of my life in the last 24 hours has revolved around Harry Dean Stanton.

Co-incidence...or synchronicity?
Weird. There is a belief that some things come in 3's, and a lot of documented cases that make one think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal