Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Seriously!? I've gotta be able to get further than a couple miles from a road and especially from private property with people living all over it. If the Ozarks are too cramped for me, how would 'Squatch feel?

Give me somewhere with real mountains and fair chance to not run into anyone else like many places in the Rockies... or out in Western Utah/Central Nevada where I can have a whole mountain range and valley or two to myself.

Surprisingly you do not have to get way the heck back in the woods to have an experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Surprisingly you do not have to get way the heck back in the woods to have an experience.
Here is the best picture I could find: http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/08/man-with-worlds-biggest-feet-finds-his-sole-mate-in-planets-smallest-woman-3872616/. Notice how clear the picture is; you can really see the feet! It is even easy to see the feet on the smallest woman; even though they are small.

We have group after group looking for pictures of the mythical Bigfoot and the best evidence they can find is blurry pictures that might or might not be anything. I have heard from you how they are all over the place and nobody can produce any evidence - just your claims that they are real. You don't give up; just more third hand accounts and nothing that can stand up to scientific scrutiny. All of the leaves are still off our trees in my neck of the woods. Motorist, pilots, humans can see for miles out through the woods. It was even better visibility when there was snow cover and nobody reported seeing these creatures - there is simply no place to hide.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is the best picture I could find: http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/08/man-with-worlds-biggest-feet-finds-his-sole-mate-in-planets-smallest-woman-3872616/. Notice how clear the picture is; you can really see the feet! It is even easy to see the feet on the smallest woman; even though they are small.

We have group after group looking for pictures of the mythical Bigfoot and the best evidence they can find is blurry pictures that might or might not be anything. I have heard from you how they are all over the place and nobody can produce any evidence - just your claims that they are real. You don't give up; just more third hand accounts and nothing that can stand up to scientific scrutiny. All of the leaves are still off our trees in my neck of the woods. Motorist, pilots, humans can see for miles out through the woods. It was even better visibility when there was snow cover and nobody reported seeing these creatures - there is simply no place to hide.
Garbage in and garbage out. Show any blobsquatch photo to a trained Photographer and they will tell you that you cannot just stand and hold your arms out and take a photo without it being blurred.
The USA is no different in the respect that it takes quality equipment to photo gorillas and you need the same here in the USA.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:32 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
My personal opinon is that that if there is a bigfoot, he/she/it isn't a natural flesh-and-blood creature (Incidentally, that's what the Indians believed too) but something else entirely. There is just no way something like that could continue to exist naturally out in the bush without any unambiguous evidence.
This is the killer argument.

Any mammal of Bigfoot's reported size --- ESPECIALLY a primate --- requires a certain number of animals to maintain a healthy breeding population. That many animals leaves behind evidence --- bones, corpses, scat, etc. Then you factor in the amount of calories such a beast would need to eat every day.

The result of that equation is that Bigfoot cannot exist as a natural creature. There is not one scrap of verifiable evidence. Not one bone. Not a corpse. Not a tuft of hair. Not a pile of poo. Not one credible photograph. There is no evidence whatsoever other than eyewitness testimony --- and none of the eyewitnesses agree with each other.

If Bigfoot exists at all, it has to have a supernatural explanation. And since there is no evidence of that either, the smart money bets that Bigfoot does not exist.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 AM

As i have said several times over. In this sport YMMV. The thrill of hearing one scream is priceless. Seeing large trees shaken like a 6ft Christmas tree, having rocks thrown at you. When these things happen or you actually see one you have a priceless experience. Something circling camp in the dark and tramping down brush so thick that you know that no man could be doing that.

I love it. Not for the faint at heart.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:31 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Try eastern Oklahoma. You will be surprised. Do you have a good game eye?
YES!

Old 04-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Garbage in and garbage out. Show any blobsquatch photo to a trained Photographer and they will tell you that you cannot just stand and hold your arms out and take a photo without it being blurred.
The USA is no different in the respect that it takes quality equipment to photo gorillas and you need the same here in the USA.

You have an excuse for everything - but you have no solid evidence. You talk about how no photographer can hold the camera steady enough to get quality pictures; but we see quality pictures everyday (of everything - except Bigfoot). Why start thread after thread without anything new?

Old 04-14-2015, 12:41 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You have an excuse for everything - but you have no solid evidence. You talk about how no photographer can hold the camera steady enough to get quality pictures; but we see quality pictures everyday (of everything - except Bigfoot). Why start thread after thread without anything new?
I assume that Versatile is curious. I do not think Versatile wants to ague, I do not think he wants us to believe.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I assume that Versatile is curious. I do not think Versatile wants to ague, I do not think he wants us to believe.
It would be much easier to believe if he had solid proof.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 PM

I am not trying to make anyone believe anything at all. I am just posting some knowledge and experiences i have had and knowledge i have learned from those so much more experienced than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal