Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 01:57 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was outside when we had a terrible ice storm and all I could hear were trees cracking. But it would not surprise me if the trees, without the weight of the ice, also make smaller cracking sounds because of the difference in temperature between the outer surface and the core temperature? Many of us have stood very still and listened intently for the sounds of wildlife moving on very cold days of hunting season. Yes I have heard sounds that I could not account for; but that did not mean they came from a mythical creature.

Many of us would rather choose to look for known, possible, explanations than to look for supernatural explanations without good evidence.
Watch first seven minutes. It's interesting.

http://youtu.be/dXIMHRB_0qc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 06:16 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Watch first seven minutes. It's interesting.

http://youtu.be/dXIMHRB_0qc
Interesting but not evidence. There is nothing that is conclusive proof of any BF. Plus they have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth. Trail cameras, cell phone cameras, professional cameras and all they come up with if a picture of a blobsquatch. It wasn't even a good blobsquatch; just darkness in the foliage. Then you have the move the rocks thing - like people cannot move rocks on a downed tree.

Sounds can be analyzed, good pictures can be analyzed, scat and hair can be analyzed - but they are not giving us that.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:39 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Interesting but not evidence. There is nothing that is conclusive proof of any BF. Plus they have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth. Trail cameras, cell phone cameras, professional cameras and all they come up with if a picture of a blobsquatch. It wasn't even a good blobsquatch; just darkness in the foliage. Then you have the move the rocks thing - like people cannot move rocks on a downed tree.

Sounds can be analyzed, good pictures can be analyzed, scat and hair can be analyzed - but they are not giving us that.
I agree, but I like how Les is more skeptical and doubtful then believing everything. The voices the biologist in the the show found on his own was interesting.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes i do and. You are an arm chair researchers maybe but you have computer skills so go use them yourself. i resent your attitude. I will not respond to you from now on.
What attitude? I'm the one person here who's open to this. If you have some stories from property owners you know, I'd like to hear them. I don't understand why you don't want to support your statements, if you have some good stories. I'm giving you an opportunity to convince us. but you're declining....?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I believe that Patterson footage was legit. You could see the musculature, breasts etc. And the way the animal moved and turn it's head. No way it is someone in a Bigfoot suit.. Absolutely no way.

Whether or not they exist now? Im not sure.
There's a video someone put up of Patterson in a BF suit, though. He's taken the head off, so you can see his face. The video talks about Patterson's film project.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:35 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Fisheye -
Quote:
Many of us would rather choose to look for known, possible, explanations than to look for supernatural explanations without good evidence.
Care to give us some known, possible, explanations for the huge hand and foot impressions which have been found all over the world, plaster casted and sent to Prof Jeff Meldrum to look at? He is possibly the foremost authority on BF? Why would a reputable professor potentially destroy his career if he was not fairly certain that BF exists?

Not sure if it was on here, but I read someone was plagued by "something large" taking deer meat out of his outdoor freezer, hearing screams and grunts. He was a hunter so I would have thought he would know bear and other animal sounds. Cannot remember where I read the thread possibly Abovetopsecret.

How many on this thread actually would like to believe that Bigfoot exists? Not many who do not believe already I guess. Does not really matter either way.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Not sure if it was on here, but I read someone was plagued by "something large" taking deer meat out of his outdoor freezer, hearing screams and grunts. He was a hunter so I would have thought he would know bear and other animal sounds
That was here a few pages back.

Quote:
How many on this thread actually would like to believe that Bigfoot exists?
Me! But I'm not religious in any way so believing just doesn't cut it for me. I need absolute proof. But don't get me wrong - I am not disregarding what Versatile is saying. I would just like to have the same experiences as he has had.

Just the fact that this thread has drawn so many responses (39 pages!) shows the interest in the mystery of bigfoot. I think there is indeed something out there but I'm not convinced it's bigfoot as such. I do think that it could be. So give us proof, someone! Find the guy! (I don't recommend shooting one - it could be a local in a bigfoot suite ).

Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I agree, but I like how Les is more skeptical and doubtful then believing everything. The voices the biologist in the the show found on his own was interesting.
Yeah ....... every con artist I've ever known has pretended to doubt whatever theory or condominium he is peddling at first, but then slowly on the weight of the evidence and logic came to believe ..... and you too can get amazingly undervalued property in Florida, etc.

Conmen all look humble and sincere. Most victims think they can detect lies, they have an excellent BS detector, and that might be true in assessing ordinary liars like kids or spouses ...... but it doesn't work on con artists. They're somehow able to get around the BS meter and CONvince their marks, who gradually build up more and more CONfidence in them.

From wikispaces at http://scams.wikispaces.com/The+Ten+...of+Con+Artists :
Quote:
The Scam
Victor "The Count" Lustig is one of the greatest con artist's of all time. In 1925 he sold the Eiffel Tower to scrap metal dealers. In 1929, after the original victim's failed to go to the police, he returned to Paris and committed the same fraud for a second time. He even managed to convince one of his victim's to give him a bribe.

He also created a fake money duplicating machine that produced counterfeit notes. The machine didn't actually work but that didn't stop him selling them for $25,000 a pop!

His ten commandments for con men are still used today by con artists around the world.

Be a good listener - the myth of the fast talking, silver tongued con man should be ignored.
Never appear bored - show nothing but interest in your victim
Agree with the victim's politics. Wait for the other person to reveal any political opinions, then agree with them
Agree with the victim's religion.
Hint at sex talk without being explicit
Never discuss illness unless they bring up the subject
Never ask about personal circumstances.
Never talk yourself up. Your brilliance should be obvious
Never be messy or untidy.
Never get drunk or take drugs

Old 05-04-2015, 08:05 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Let's recap:

Bigfoot has both big and large species.

Varying species have 3, 4, and 5 toes.

Bigfoot corpses apparently evaporate, leaving behind no discernible traces --- bones, fur, teeth, etc.

Bigfoot is omnivorous and a fierce predator --- though unlike other omnivorous predators like bears, it has never attacked a human.

Bigfoot has scent glands that it can control at will.

Unlike every other primate and mammal on earth, Bigfoot can see beyond visible light spectrums, thus enabling it to evade satellite and photo detections.

If all of that is true, then you are not talking about a natural creature. You're verging on magic and supernatural. Not even unicorns have that many abilities.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That was here a few pages back.

Me! But I'm not religious in any way so believing just doesn't cut it for me. I need absolute proof. But don't get me wrong - I am not disregarding what Versatile is saying. I would just like to have the same experiences as he has had.

Just the fact that this thread has drawn so many responses (39 pages!) shows the interest in the mystery of bigfoot. I think there is indeed something out there but I'm not convinced it's bigfoot as such. I do think that it could be. So give us proof, someone! Find the guy! (I don't recommend shooting one - it could be a local in a bigfoot suite ).
I agree with this. I'm up for it, but I've been disappointed by quite a few videos that are obvious fakes. There are a couple that may not be, but then, the fact that it's been proven (or hoaxers confessed) that some people dress up in BF suits to deliberately fake out cops and other random observers puts a damper on my interest and complicates the picture.

It's like Houdini debunking spirit mediums. He was definitely into mediumship, but in order to be able to prove the rare legit ones, he had to clear the field of all the riff-raff who were faking it and convincing the public the entire phenomenon was fake. Clear away all the fake videos, and the guys in giant gorilla suits running in front of county sheriff patrols in the middle of the night, and you may have a small handful of legit photos or videos. Or....not. But it doesn't help the case when the OP is rude to people who are genuinely trying to get to the bottom of the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal