Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 04:28 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The simple facts of it are that graduates coming out of university are thinking of a future career and there is very little funding for 'fringe' research and very few opportunities.
Then that brings the argument back to 'proof'. With solid proof or evidence many would flock into the field. If they thought there was hope of being the first to inconclusively prove the existence of an extinct species they would flock into that field. They do that today with trips to the bottom of the sea and to remote rainforest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 05:36 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
The sea and the rainforests do not move. Proof has got nothing to do with it.

It is all about you guys who are trying to kill any interest/speculation in it. The more people accept it as even a possibility, then the more people will want to investigate.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:20 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:

It is all about you guys who are trying to kill any interest/speculation in it. The more people accept it as even a possibility, then the more people will want to investigate.
Proof has everything to do with it. We already know that many of the sightings and so called 'evidence' is a hoax. So; how do we tell the difference?

Your side, from the beginning, has claimed that it is us that are trying to derail the conversation - just because we want to see the proof. It is not wrong to question. If is was wrong you would all be running around following Rick Dyer. Many of us would like to believe but you are not converting us by telling us that it is our fault.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:30 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times
Quote:
It is all about you guys who are trying to kill any interest/speculation in it.
Not only do you apparently not understand at all how the scientific process and research work, you apparently don't have any idea why those of us you're categorizing as killjoys are spending time in this forum. If you did, you wouldn't be writing sentences like this one:

Quote:
It is just another way that those who are paid to misinform, misdirect, and generally disrupt, work to accomplish their goals.
In other words, you can't conceive why someone like myself or the other skeptics here would write hundreds or even thousands of words about the topics covered in this forum, including sasquatch, if we're not wide-eyed Believers who take everything written here as gospel. Consequently, you have to imagine some Secret Masters are paying us to be killjoys to keep this forum from reaching the Truth. Sorry, but life isn't an X-Files episode. Not only is this claim that we're paid stooges a falsehood, it's insulting to us.

We're here because we're interested; but gullibility isn't a prerequisite for participation here. I doubt any of us who fall on the skeptic side of the aisle are trying to "kill any interest/speculation" in the topics here. When one of us says, "show me the body", we're accused of being Science Meanies, or something like it. Yet that's the criterion used for identifying a new species; you need one or more specimens, and a photograph or tracks aren't enough to describe a new species.

The last thylacine died in captivity in 1936. Or didn't die. The evidence for the continued existence of the thylacine in Tasmania and Australia is quite similar to the evidence for sasquatch: videos, photos, kills that seem to fit the thylacine pattern, personal reports, tracks, scat. But there's one big difference: the thylacine was a real organism, we have many specimens in museums around the world, and we have close-up videos of real thylacines in captivity. But no one's going to say the thylacine still lives until someone can come up with real solid evidence that this is the case. Or someone manages to resuscitate the animal from museum DNA. So here we have evidence that a creature that went extinct in 1936 didn't do so, and no one is willing based on the quality of that evidence to say the Tasmanian Tiger lives; yet the True Believers in sasquatch want us apply looser standards to the existence of an organism for which there's no specimen you can point to, and no fossil evidence to suggest it ever existed. Is it any wonder we keep saying, "show me the money"?

Old 06-08-2015, 11:21 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:

Some of us did accept it as a possibility, that's why we joined the thread. We investigated the "evidence" available around the internet, and found it to be lacking. So now we're waiting for evidence that's more convincing. Odd that you haven't understood that, in spite of multiple attempts by various posters to explain.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:25 AM

11,017 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:
I doubt any of us who fall on the skeptic side of the aisle are trying to "kill any interest/speculation" in the topics here.
Absolutely.
Quote:
Some of us did accept it as a possibility, that's why we joined the thread. We investigated the "evidence" available around the internet, and found it to be lacking. So now we're waiting for evidence that's more convincing.
Again, absolutely.

We really do want to know what's out there and dare I say it, we all would like for bigfoot to exist. One man's account has made me sit up and take note.

One point that is raised quite frequently is the absence of bigfoot skat. Just to keep things in perspective, how often does one come across human skat? In the bush that is. Most people who spend time in the bush go off to one side, out of the way to do a dump. Why would a human-like ape not do the same? Now consider the number of people who do go off into the bush, tramping, hunting, camping or whatever.

In Africa it's a bit different. People dump on the foot paths in the bush. Never did figured that one out. Perhaps it's the long grass or fear of snakes or something. It did make me watch where I was walking.

P.S. There are no bigfoots in Africa. Plenty of other big beasts though (or there used to be).

Old 06-09-2015, 10:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
They are out there and here at CD also.

Operation Bigfoot - Spies among the Ranks | The Crypto Crew

I recently watched the documentary Mirage Men, in a nut shell it was an inside look at how the military and other agencies covered up some of the UFO reports. How they would use some disinformation to hide not only real UFO reports but also to conceal secret military projects.

This got me to thinking back to something I had thought about many times. In the film they used gullible people or ones who made outrageous claims to plant disinformation. In some instances they even exchanged secret information and had special relationships with certain people in the UFO community. So, I have been thinking for some time now, that this is going on in the bigfoot community and has been for a long time now.

The majority of people/researchers in the bigfoot community think that the government do know about Sasquatch and attempt to cover it up for various reasons. How easy would it be to have "agents", for lack of a better term, deeply embedded within the bigfoot community. Once they were accepted in the bigfoot community they would gather information and spread false information about Sasquatch. Could some of the most outlandish stories and hoaxes just be something to discredit the truth that Sasquatch is real? To blur the lines?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:31 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Okay, guys -- it's open again -- PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL!!

Old 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Great.... dummy me forgot to take the lock off....

Old 06-20-2015, 09:32 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
They are out there and here at CD also.

Operation Bigfoot - Spies among the Ranks | The Crypto Crew

I recently watched the documentary Mirage Men, in a nut shell it was an inside look at how the military and other agencies covered up some of the UFO reports. How they would use some disinformation to hide not only real UFO reports but also to conceal secret military projects.

This got me to thinking back to something I had thought about many times. In the film they used gullible people or ones who made outrageous claims to plant disinformation. In some instances they even exchanged secret information and had special relationships with certain people in the UFO community. So, I have been thinking for some time now, that this is going on in the bigfoot community and has been for a long time now.

The majority of people/researchers in the bigfoot community think that the government do know about Sasquatch and attempt to cover it up for various reasons. How easy would it be to have "agents", for lack of a better term, deeply embedded within the bigfoot community. Once they were accepted in the bigfoot community they would gather information and spread false information about Sasquatch. Could some of the most outlandish stories and hoaxes just be something to discredit the truth that Sasquatch is real? To blur the lines?
I actually went and bought the original book Mirage Men, and am more than halfway through it. It's helped me understand many things, especially along the lines of how the CIA/NSA/FBI/ and military intelligence services are able to manipulate people and populations through psyops. Most of it is in ordinary ways such as one might find in an old Army psyops handbook, discrediting a target, making him a social pariah, etc, a few simple tricks such as planting evidence of vampires among communist insurgents that have primitive superstitions. In the last few decades, they have developed devices that at the very least can project voices into a subject's mind - for which the CIA took out a patent in the 1990s. Certainly by now they can project visual and olfactory hallucinations too.

They test and refine these devices and methods on an unconsenting population, in my opinion.

I take this to mean exactly the opposite of what Versatile thinks - I believe that credible events that can't be attributed to bears, hunters in ghillie suits, hoaxes etc might stem from govt research into crowd control, psyops, "soft" battlefield weapons, etc. They're tricks and projected hallucinations. This may be done by rogue elements within our intelligence agencies, since it's certainly unconstitutional if true.

By the way, I've found out that UFOs actually are seen near Bigfoot sightings occasionally .... certainly to the amusement of all .... but it makes an odd sort of sense if you are a govt agency wanting to produce an episode and get two for the price of one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal