Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 09:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,102,640 times

Advertisements

Another interesting story is that when one guy noticed an elk kill that, from the tooth marks and manner of death, may not have been a known predator (he's some sort of professional forensic tooth dude). But the most interesting thing to me was that nothing had eaten the kill .... normally anything that dies in the woods is scavenged by rodents, ants and other bugs. Nor was there any sign of scavenging even months later.

That is what often happens in the cases of the livestock mutilations that some people still believe are linked to UFOs. I remember reading the posts of one trusted member of a forum who saw two dead goats near a country road one day, and wondered who would throw away two perfectly good if dead goats. She didn't connect it to the slew of publicized cattle mutilations a few years ago, I had point out the similarities. She'd seen that the genitals and anuses had been cored out, and that absolutely no flies or ants or anything else touched the carcasses at that time, a week or two later.

I wonder if other supposed bigfoot kills share that characteristic.

What if bigfoots actually ARE a genetically engineered species, and the aliens keep them as research subects or even pets, that might need to be let out occasionally for recreation such as hunting or pranking humans? Maybe if they die when on the planet, they get "beamed up" so as to leave no body.

This would also explain why there does seem to be govt cover ups at times. A new but natural species would hardly be cause for a govt cover-up, it wouldn't destabilize society or harm anything for the knowledge to come out ...... but what if they were connected to UFOs, some of which are almost certainly extraterrestrial, and for which there is actually a true need to conceal? It would certainly cause massive upheaval in society and economics if it were known that a technologically superior space-faring race had been here a long time, and can and have done pretty much anything they wanted to do without us being able to stop them, including taking our citizens occasionally, apparently for experimentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 10:56 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,791,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i have wanted to believe in bigfoot all my life (i'm 47) but I'm done. BF does NOT exist. If he/it/they did exist we would have some proof. I understand that creatures are discovered everday day but no one was searching for them and they weren't 8 feet tall. In order for BF to exist there would have to be literally thousands of them throughout the US (i know they are worldwide, but I'm just talking US) to support a healthy genepool. These things are supposed to be the size of grizzly bears and we have TEAMS of people constantly on the lookout, critter cams everywhere, thermo-imaging, tv shows dedicated to finding them and absolutely no amount of evidence...at all, nothing. Not a hair, a legitimate footprint, no bones, no teeth, no sign of any sort of dwelling...no one has hit one with a car, no hunter has shot one, there's not even any good cell phone video's of one.
They are not here.
In my opinion, you are wrong, they probably are here. At least according to many people who have seen one from all over the world.

It is interesting that you say all this when most of it is just you seemingly trying to convince yourself.
a) Teams of TV people dont want a goose which lays the golden egg to die. They want to look but not to find. Once found, there is no TV show.

b) Game cameras mostly use IR to detect movement and some animals can see into the IR so BigFoot may be ablse to also. If that IS the case, then it would be like inviting someone to move into the spotlight when they dont want to be seen.

c) Plenty of footprints, althought you probably dont accept they are genuine. However, Professor Jeff Meldrum does accept some he has are genuine.

d) dwellings - plenty of those too, but more like 'nests' rather than what you think Bigfoot should use, which are obviously caves or permanent places. As far as we know, they dont hibernate like bears so maybe they prefer 'tents' like nomads?

e) Why should hunters shoot one? It would be like shooting another hunter in the woods. One may have been injured after someone shot one out of fear but you would probably have to hit it just right to down it there and then. It may have gone off and died somewhere else like animals do or it may have recovered. Many people are afraid of anything that large (and intelligent too).

f) Hit one with a car - well maybe they are relatively wise where roads are concerned. More intelligent than deer which just dash out into the road. Maybe they actually wait in the woods until there is no traffic before crossing - in fact like we do when we want to cross the road.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Avery good and logical post. I know plenty of sincere people that have cast foot prints.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:06 PM

Here is a question for you. Why do so many people always think singular in regards to BF? What i have learned is that most often they are not alone. You/we just don't see the second one.

In some areas these creatures will lay very close to a roadway during the daytime in spots you would never think they would. Such as a thin narrow patch of brush trees etc in field alongside the roadway. Asphalt,Concrete or gravel doesn't matter. They will take advantage of these areas are very seldom ever entered or messed with by any one except in season a hunter. I have and have talked with people that were passing an area like this while going somewhere and smelled the stench. Same with them as with me it was either to dangerous car wise or no time to stop or just didn't feel like it etc

Remember the creeks,they always follow the creeks.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:14 PM

16,881 posts, read 15,993,964 times
It's very rude to refer to him as Bigfoot. How would you feel?
How do you know he isn't a she...no 'special purpose' is apparent....

Old 08-27-2015, 02:46 AM

10,898 posts, read 5,865,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
It's very rude to refer to him as Bigfoot. How would you feel?
How do you know he isn't a she...no 'special purpose' is apparent....
Would a she be a Big.... ummm?

What's the feminine for foot? Ah yes, footsie! She'd be a Bigfootsie.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:05 PM

22,827 posts, read 28,049,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What's the feminine for foot?
Bigfette.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:53 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Ruth are you sure that someone stayed up all night every night they camped out? As slick as these creatures are ,they could walk right up and walk into camp while every is sleeping and no one would ever know.
Unless someone did; how can you say it didn't happen?
OK, no, I'm sure they didn't stay up all night. Is that the ticket? Then, no. Don't the critters ever sleep? Are they nocturnal?

Old 08-28-2015, 08:41 AM

I wasn't picking on you but you post is a good example of assuming. Assuming never works out good for me.

These creatures can definitely be very close and watching you in the day light and you never know it. Same as at night even more so. I know a man n TX that is very up to speed on BF and he says(and i believe him due to his experience and rep)that in TX some VF hunt at night in rainstorms and are very active during them.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:45 AM

167 posts, read 166,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In my opinion, you are wrong, they probably are here. At least according to many people who have seen one from all over the world.

It is interesting that you say all this when most of it is just you seemingly trying to convince yourself.
a) Teams of TV people dont want a goose which lays the golden egg to die. They want to look but not to find. Once found, there is no TV show.

b) Game cameras mostly use IR to detect movement and some animals can see into the IR so BigFoot may be ablse to also. If that IS the case, then it would be like inviting someone to move into the spotlight when they dont want to be seen.

c) Plenty of footprints, althought you probably dont accept they are genuine. However, Professor Jeff Meldrum does accept some he has are genuine.

d) dwellings - plenty of those too, but more like 'nests' rather than what you think Bigfoot should use, which are obviously caves or permanent places. As far as we know, they dont hibernate like bears so maybe they prefer 'tents' like nomads?

e) Why should hunters shoot one? It would be like shooting another hunter in the woods. One may have been injured after someone shot one out of fear but you would probably have to hit it just right to down it there and then. It may have gone off and died somewhere else like animals do or it may have recovered. Many people are afraid of anything that large (and intelligent too).

f) Hit one with a car - well maybe they are relatively wise where roads are concerned. More intelligent than deer which just dash out into the road. Maybe they actually wait in the woods until there is no traffic before crossing - in fact like we do when we want to cross the road.
It is perfectly fine to have a different opinion than I but you can not tell me that if a hunter had an opportunity to shoot a BF that he wouldn't do it????
Some hunters just want the next cool thing to hang on the wall...(Cecil). You seriously think some redneck in the woods wouldn't kill his best friend to get the opportunity to shoot BF...I call BS on that.

I'm reassuring myself that I made an accurate and logical decision to stop believing in mythical creatures and trying to help others realize how stupid they have been for doing the same.

there are many more people looking for BF than the jackwads on tv...you can go camping with groups of idiots that are trying to prove BF's existence. If someone actually did provide proof of BF existence, that persons name would be remembered for decades...instant notoriety! who doesn't want that?

I've seen entire shows dedicated to footprints, only one set could not be readily explained, the rest were hoaxes....not a lot to chew on there.

plenty of "intelligent" people have been hit by cars. Nothing is exempt from being hit by cars.

seriously???? - - thousands of BF's avoiding thousands of cameras? seriously?

like i said, it's ok to have a different opinion, just have some logic tossed in there somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal