U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:59 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,512,342 times

Advertisements

Not mine. I agree with it though.

If folks out there have been in the woods as much as some with an open mind... they'd know something is out there. You just have too open your eyes and ears. My point is there are 1000s of sightings and I'm sure some folks are lying but not everyone is. The Indians were not all lying...the missionaries of yesterday, Teddy and the mountain men weren't all lying. They had no reason to and then of the 1000s of people that have seen them...there are 1000s more that have not reported what they have seen...are they lying too?

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board:...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM

19,173 posts, read 22,864,621 times
My point is: Where is the proof?

I'd love to see it. I haven't yet. Until I do, I can think of all sorts of reasons Bigfoot can't exist in its supposed environment.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 AM

3,782 posts, read 2,404,163 times
its a bit like the Loch Ness monster, we all think they exist its just we haven't actually seen them ourselves, but that dosent mean their not out their somewhere.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:02 AM

15,984 posts, read 10,534,175 times
I believe it is possible that a large primate creature is out there but where is the proof? It is very possible that they are so elusive that they cannot be observed even by people searching for them but one would think a body would have been discovered or at least bones of one.
I have been to New Hampshire many times and have seen deer and bear but always wanted to see a moose. Moose are huge animals and are a bit elusive unless you know right where to look. We did see a dead one that had been hit by a car but that didn't count.

If bigfoot is out there they must be really smart to avoid being hit by a car, shot by a hunter, or having its image captured on a non blurry camera. If they are really smart they would continue to avoid people. There are too many species to name that have met their end at the hand of man.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM

How good is your game eye. You will see quite a few more animals once you develop your game eye.

This works for any animal.

Find The Hidden Deer Test Your Eyes

Finders Keepers
Everyone knows the secrets to deer hunting is reading sign and outsmarting him... right? Well that does little good if you can't see your quarry. Think you have good eyes? Test your skills! A little practice never hurt.

Once you see these photos you will understand why some people can see something in a photo that you cannot. They aren't lying at all. You just don't have a trained eye.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM

19,173 posts, read 22,864,621 times
And yet we still have lots of pictures of deer, moose, cougars, etc., as well as corpses, bones, scat, etc. And they are able to eat things that exist in their environment. So we have:

a.) Verifiable evidence.
b.) Reasonable explanation of biology in the environment.

Neither of those things are true of Bigfoot.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:03 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times
One of the oldest jokes in the West:

Q: How do you know when a Mountain Man is lying?
A: When his lips are moving!

As for the Indians... well, in those days they believed in a lot of crazy #*!t and weren't considered trustworthy by the whites at all... nor did the Indians trust the whites for that matter.

The Whites believed in just as much crazy #*!t as anyone else too. Here in Utah during the mid to late 1800s, everyone knew the wilds were full of "Desert Faeries" and the angry ghosts of the "Gadianton Robbers". There was a lake monster in Bear lake and even some in Utah Lake, known as "Water Babies". Sasquatch was around too, but the Mormons were sure he was Cain himself, not a new ape species. Unfortunately, 1900 rolled around and they all just vanished overnight... very sad, really.

My point is that you can't take 1800s accounts as proof of anything when it comes to investigating the unknown. It was a different world back then... too different and too ignorant/superstitious for fact-finding to 21st century satisfaction. The stories have be told and retold so many times that is virtually impossible to find untainted accounts either.

My personal opinon is that that if there is a bigfoot, he/she/it isn't a natural flesh-and-blood creature (Incidentally, that's what the Indians believed too) but something else entirely. There is just no way something like that could continue to exist naturally out in the bush without any unambiguous evidence.

And yes, I've spent plenty of time in very wild places all over the Western USA.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
One of the oldest jokes in the West:

Q: How do you know when a Mountain Man is lying?
A: When his lips are moving!

As for the Indians... well, in those days they believed in a lot of crazy #*!t and weren't considered trustworthy by the whites at all... nor did the Indians trust the whites for that matter.

The Whites believed in just as much crazy #*!t as anyone else too. Here in Utah during the mid to late 1800s, everyone knew the wilds were full of "Desert Faeries" and the angry ghosts of the "Gadianton Robbers". There was a lake monster in Bear lake and even some in Utah Lake, known as "Water Babies". Sasquatch was around too, but the Mormons were sure he was Cain himself, not a new ape species. Unfortunately, 1900 rolled around and they all just vanished overnight... very sad, really.

My point is that you can't take 1800s accounts as proof of anything when it comes to investigating the unknown. It was a different world back then... too different and too ignorant/superstitious for fact-finding to 21st century satisfaction. The stories have be told and retold so many times that is virtually impossible to find untainted accounts either.

My personal opinon is that that if there is a bigfoot, he/she/it isn't a natural flesh-and-blood creature (Incidentally, that's what the Indians believed too) but something else entirely. There is just no way something like that could continue to exist naturally out in the bush without any unambiguous evidence.

And yes, I've spent plenty of time in very wild places all over the Western USA.
Try eastern Oklahoma. You will be surprised. Do you have a good game eye?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:44 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Try eastern Oklahoma. You will be surprised. Do you have a good game eye?
Seriously!? I've gotta be able to get further than a couple miles from a road and especially from private property with people living all over it. If the Ozarks are too cramped for me, how would 'Squatch feel?

Give me somewhere with real mountains and fair chance to not run into anyone else like many places in the Rockies... or out in Western Utah/Central Nevada where I can have a whole mountain range and valley or two to myself.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:48 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,014,464 times
I'll believe in bigfoot when I see bigfoot. I have seen UFO's, on one occasion at close range in broad daylight, so I do believe those are here, but I've yet to see a bigfoot, and until I do I remain skeptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal