Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times

Advertisements

Dozens of people in a small Texas town are talking about an unexpected visitor, but the question is, where did it come from?
The residents of Stephenville, Texas, claim to have seen a UFO, described as a mile-wide, silent object with bright lights, flying low and fast. So what was it?

ABC News: UFO Sightings in Stephenville, Texas

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,768 times
Maybe this belongs in the immigration subforum...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
No, no: it's a Ron Paul kind of story.

A few people saw it, they don't know what it is, but they're sticking to it.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post

LOL!!! good one.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:23 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
Chicago sighting never satisfactorily explained (11/7/06):

In the sky! A bird? A plane? A ... UFO? -- chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column?page=1&coll=chi-newsnationworldiraq-hed - broken link)

Last edited by NewToCA; 01-16-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
There are sightings like this every few weeks in North America. Occasionally it becomes news if the bureaus hear about it and run out and ridicule the local rednecks who describe it and then phone "federal officials" who "insist" that there is a normal explanation for it, even though they never say what it is.. There are sightings that deserve legitimate inquiry, but this probably is not one of them.

UFO Maps will give you an idea of how comon this is.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
That thing must be awful slow 'cause people saw the same thing in Phoenix back in 1993.

Actually, I'm curious about this being in the media. Since the government downplays and denies anything related to UFOs AND since the media hardly ever covers these numerous stories, what is it about this one that launches it into national attention? Why now? Why this story?

Slow news day?
Desire by government to get UFO sightings into our collective consciousness, i.e., for some future event?
Desire by government to ridicule people who see UFOs so people will ignore their occurrences?

Nothing on TV is by accident, certainly nothing on the severely edited propaganda that passes for news nowadays.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
I live in Abilene, about an hour west of Stephenville. There is a large Air Force base in Abilene and the B-1s and other planes often fly in a westerly direction over my house. I'll bet what the folks saw was something from the Air Force base. Maybe a drone or something they're testing?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:36 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
In a stunning announcement from the White House today, President Bush declared Gort a terrorist organization. According to recent statements made to IEAE inspector Mr. Harley at the UN by Klaatu, "I won't resort to threats, Mr. Harley. I merely tell you the future of your planet is at stake." set of a heated exchange in which members of the Korean delegation began to throw chairs. Then at one point when Barnhardt, head of the US delegation to the UN said to Mr. Klaatu, "suppose this group should reject your proposals. What is the alternative?" to which Mr. Klaatu replied, "I'm afraid there is no alternative. In such a case, the planet Earth would have to be... eliminated ".

The UN assembly agreed to reconvene tomorrow at high noon. Mr. Klaatu has been sanctioned for threatening to use his diabolical robot Gort, however Germany and France as well as Russia and China have refused to recognize such sanctions. President Bush has not ruled out using any force against Klaatu or Gort and points out that they were seen flying over Texas recently in violation of the UN sanctions. Mr. Klaatu failed to elaborate but only stated they went out for a chilli dog and an ice cream cone.

President Bush and Vice President Cheney appeared confused when Condi Rice blurted out, "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!", insiders claiming this incident may ruin her chances for a bid on the White House in 2012.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
I don't know what these objects are but I believe they are not really space vehicles in the traditional sense. Perhaps unmanned probes from other worlds. I do believe other lifeforms exist but I don't think they really care to visit here. Perhaps, a probe sent to recover data and information, I wouldn't rule out. We have sent many probes in the past, I would only assume other more advanced extraterrestrial lifeforms would do the same. A billion planets and believing that ours are the only ones with lifeforms would be incredibly stupid to believe. Whether they visited may be up to debate... but I wouldn't rule of information collecting probes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal