U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:12 AM

3,943 posts, read 5,816,136 times

Advertisements

I don't know what certain dreams are trying to tell you, but I've had a couple of repeating dreams, and this is what I did. One dream was when I was pretty young. I would dream that I was going down a dark hallway, not totally dark, I could see. There was a door at the end of the hallway. A woman who looked like a witch, the typical witch we see with a pointy hat, big nose, gray strawlike hair, would be at a half door, only top visible, on the right side, and she would say "You can't go past that door." I got so sick of this, I decided the next time I was going to ignore her and go to the door, and open it. I was so curious as to why she kept saying that. So, the next time she said that, I ignored her and walked on and when I put my hand on the knob to open it, my dream ended, and I never had that dream again.

Another one was where I would find myself floating near the ceiling and looking down at the bed. I would feel the bobbing motion, kind of bouncy, instead of in a fixed position. I had this dream so many times and it was pretty unnerving. I finally told myself that I would probably be floating, looking down at the bed, and to remember that it was just a dream, to just roll with it. After I said that, I never had the dream again! Instead of fearing what was going to happen in these dreams, I faced them, called them out, whatever. They were gone, and I was so glad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 09:51 AM

12,972 posts, read 10,121,940 times
I've had reoccurring nightmares and was advised to talk about them. That did it for me. Cool that you're a friend she can talk to. Keep listening!

Old 04-19-2015, 10:34 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,732,661 times
A reoccurring dream that is not prophetic is typically some form of anxiety.
If one has never had a prophetic dream before, then it is likely just and anxiety dream.

It is an excellent suggestion to change the dream when defeating it again.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:37 AM

5,489 posts, read 3,936,884 times
Dreams tell you things but you have to know how to listen to them. If you have a recurring dream or if dreams have a recurring theme, then that is telling you something. It may not be cut and dry. For instance, you dream that your house burnt down. That doesn't necessarily mean that your house will catch fire. It could mean that your life as you know it will be changed somehow-you may get fired from your job or something. Dreaming about getting into an accident could just mean that your trip will have a delay of some kind. But, there are times when dreams will tell you EXACTLY what will happen. Not all dreams mean something but usually you know which ones do and which ones done. As Sigmund Fraud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

My step-daughter will often call me when she has one of those dreams that she knows mean something but she doesn't know what.

Cat

Old 04-19-2015, 11:51 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,380,386 times
^^^ Sigmund Fraud? Ah, yes the "Life and Times of Sigmund Fraud".

Old 04-19-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I don't know what certain dreams are trying to tell you, but I've had a couple of repeating dreams, and this is what I did. One dream was when I was pretty young. I would dream that I was going down a dark hallway, not totally dark, I could see. There was a door at the end of the hallway. A woman who looked like a witch, the typical witch we see with a pointy hat, big nose, gray strawlike hair, would be at a half door, only top visible, on the right side, and she would say "You can't go past that door." I got so sick of this, I decided the next time I was going to ignore her and go to the door, and open it. I was so curious as to why she kept saying that. So, the next time she said that, I ignored her and walked on and when I put my hand on the knob to open it, my dream ended, and I never had that dream again.

Another one was where I would find myself floating near the ceiling and looking down at the bed. I would feel the bobbing motion, kind of bouncy, instead of in a fixed position. I had this dream so many times and it was pretty unnerving. I finally told myself that I would probably be floating, looking down at the bed, and to remember that it was just a dream, to just roll with it. After I said that, I never had the dream again! Instead of fearing what was going to happen in these dreams, I faced them, called them out, whatever. They were gone, and I was so glad.

A witch with a pointy hat and grey straw-like hair? GADS! So, creepy!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 AM

8,795 posts, read 6,507,663 times
IMO, Having the same dream over and over is not to be worried about because it has no chance of "comming true"; the dream is not an entire event. Parts of the dream are about one thing and other parts are about another thing and is most likely a high intensity exaggeration of whatever is currently on your mind and needs to be resolved.

But it is the core of the dream, the parts that you remember when you wake, the parts that "scare you" that are to be paid attention to. Those parts are your mind working on a problem you are having, but are not fully conscience of. It is something that your sub-conscience is aware of and is trying to tell you about though your dreams.

Concentrate on the part that is repeated, tell it to friends, family, and colleagues who know you. Because they are close to you, there is a chance that they too have seen what you have seen but cannot face, or do not quite recognize; YET. They may be able to help you vocalize and understand what your sub-conscience is saying.

It is something bothering you and the dreams will stop once you have resolved whatever issue is troubling you.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-19-2015 at 12:30 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
IMO, Having the same dream over and over is not to be worried about because it has no chance of "comming true"; the dream is not an entire event. Parts of the dream are about one thing and other parts are about another thing and is most likely a high intensity exaggeration of whatever is currently on your mind and needs to be resolved.

But it is the core of the dream, the parts that you remember when you wake, the parts that "scare you" that are to be paid attention to. Those parts are your mind working on a problem you are having, but are not fully conscience of. It is something that your sub-conscience is aware of and is trying to tell you about though your dreams.

Concentrate on the part that is repeated, tell it to friends, family, and colleagues who know you. Because they are close to you, there is a chance that they too have seen what you have seen but cannot face, or do not quite recognize; YET. They may be able to help you vocalize and understand what your sub-conscience is saying.

It is something bothering you and the dreams will stop once you have resolved whatever issue is troubling you.
Sometimes they come true. The thing is, your person is the picture represented in the dream. It happens around you because there is no other picture. That's why people take it personal sometimes. I've learned to separate a lot of dreams and their true meanings ( if there is one to the dream)

Old 04-19-2015, 03:31 PM

5,489 posts, read 3,936,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
^^^ Sigmund Fraud? Ah, yes the "Life and Times of Sigmund Fraud".

Oops.

You could have Pink Freud.

Cat

Old 04-19-2015, 04:06 PM

15,296 posts, read 14,713,595 times
A surprising number of people suffer from anxiety disorder. You can have anxiety attacks while you are asleep, and they can trigger dreams. In this case, dreams can be really indicative of real life problems. Before rushing off to get anti-anxiety drugs, the first thing your friend should do is avoid caffeine. Stress can also trigger anxious dreams, like the classic "end of term finals and haven't studied" dream that almost all college students have at one time or another.

That said, I don't have disaster dreams, but often have repetitive dreams. Often the story line will continue for days or weeks. I find them entertaining and enjoyable, and am always happy when I get another episode. If it makes a difference, I learned lucid dreaming decades ago. It's a pleasant skill to have and surprisingly easy to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal