Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:05 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

I figured since so many readers here are UFO/MUFON proponents they should get a kick out of this...

In it they claim PCF-19 and HMAS Hobart were attacked by UFOs in June 1968.

UFOs at War Full Episode - Hangar 1: The UFO Files - HISTORY.com

Since I was there and on a ship operating with Hobart all I can say is this new UFOs exposed BS is a total fabrication.

My ship (USS BOSTON) which was also hit by Sparrow missiles is not mentioned even once in this broadcast.

Geezus, this channel foists the most ludicrous BS UFO shows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I guess people might believe this as a jumping off point (and I haven't seen this, so I can't comment on veracity), but the thing is -- this is really just entertainment.

All these shows are entertainment. This sort of programming - in fact all reality programming -- is VERY cheap to make, and has a market, and sells ad time and makes the History Channel a BOATLOAD of money.

The Hatfields and McCoys also did well... but cost them salaries.... and wasn't as profitable. And the name of the game is cash.

So just think of these shows as the History Channel's Kardashians.

Will people believe this stuff? Well -- people practicably worship the Kardashians. So, yeah -- people will believe the horse hockey this program is spewing.

BUT -- and I do believe there really are people like them -- our version of "The Lone Gunmen" is out there working with our version of Mulder....

Now -- that's a show I wish was still on.... I loved Frohicke, Byers and Langley...

Old 04-16-2015, 07:14 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
...this channel foists the most ludicrous BS UFO shows...
THE HISTORY CHANNEL is to real history what THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER is to real news. It's really very sad. It didn't used to be that way.

The channel never set the bar very high. But about 10 years ago they started lowering it more and more every year. Lately they seemed to have hit bottom and started digging.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:50 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
There's no history on History, no travel on Travel, no Discovery on Discovery any more.

The movie Idiocracy is looking more and more like reality rather than fantasy ... Some of the shows are pretty entertainng, though.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I understand what ya'll are saying, this one is personal for me...

This is one time I can absolutely come up with solid, accredited accounts and photos of exactly what transpired in that time period and can produce numerous other people who were on-board and lived through it.

Wanted to point out to the other readers in this forum WHO BELIEVE and who use the shows on the History Channel as "proof" of aliens/UFO's that they lie, misrepresent and outright manipulate what they show...

Last edited by plwhit; 04-16-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 06:15 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Wanted to point out to the other readers in this forum WHO BELIEVE and who use the shows on the History Channel as "proof" of aliens/UFO's that they lie, misrepresent and outright manipulate what they show...
Yep. And it isn't just about UFOs. Their "documentaries" on Byzantium, the Crusades, the Church, World War II, the Roman Empire, the Mongol Empires, etc., etc., etc. are the same way. Rather than talk to the dozens and dozens of credible experts and eyewitnesses, they find three or four nutso-ball koo-koos and build the entire show around their hoo-ha.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Now you know how most Alaskans feel about all those Alaskan reality shows. 99% of everything in them is BS.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
You have also to bear in mind that history is different for different cultures. We get history (more than a grandad's lifetime ago) from books or media and the history will reflect the culture of the country you are living in. For example, the history of the WWII is probably reported differently depending on what government you are living under. This means that you get a bias towards the country you are living in and reading the history book in.

Anyone who does not believe this only has to look at the way Pearl Harbour incident is reported by two different sides to realise that the same period of history is reported differently for different country/culture viewpoints.

This of course means that what we are taught and what our kids are taught about history in schools is totally culture dependent and absolute rubbish.

EVERYTHING on the media is biased towards what we are supposed to believe and even hoping otherwise is totally useless.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Due to various perceptions and accounts of events one usually can collect a lot of testimony and evidence and then assimilate that information to find the common thread of truth in them all or the common BS. It works both ways.

I like watching all the UFO and crop circle shows on hulu just for something different. There are some interesting stories and evidence from all over the world. The ones about the historic underground alien vs. government wars in the South West of the United States are probably the most compelling to me because of my current proximity - be they science fiction or not.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:18 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Due to various perceptions and accounts of events one usually can collect a lot of testimony and evidence and then assimilate that information to find the common thread of truth in them all or the common BS. It works both ways.
"Can" yes, but "will" they? No.

So ... do you believe that people writing history books or producers making history movies do that? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal