Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,247,261 times

Advertisements

I haven't yet read through these posts, but I wanted to share this before I get off the computer. There was an article that I read that said people in your dreams are people you have seen before in waking life that your brain records. After learning this, I tend to linger around little babies saying high to them and waving so their brains can record me and they can dream about me later in life.

My daughter thinks it's really creepy. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Everyone and everything in a dream is a reflection of you.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have read many papers on the subject, as well as published material, and I have found "The Spirits' Book" to be the most informative, backed up by actual human experience that we all are involved in at one time or another.
When I Googled The Spirits Book I came across a PDF version of this book.

Is this the book you are referring to and how authentic do you think it is?

http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kar...ts/lesp_us.pdf

Old 05-03-2015, 03:37 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My dreams are for entertainment purposes only. They are often reoccurring and are usually highly adventurous. There are sometimes crowds of people or coworkers most of whom I can't recall ever meeting in real life. They usually play no part in the "plot" of the dream. My dreams are like movies. I'm not really into real life movies because my dreams are so much better. If I ever have a dream that isn't going like I want it to go - like if I know my dog will be injured or something scary is going to happen, I make myself wake up.

So all those extras are nobodies.

I wish that my dreams were more "for entertainment purposes". I don't need all of this freaky enlightenment.

I totally wish that I could awaken myself every time a dream is not going well.

You are lucky hunterseat.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:10 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I wish that my dreams were more "for entertainment purposes". I don't need all of this freaky enlightenment.

I totally wish that I could awaken myself every time a dream is not going well.

You are lucky hunterseat.
If you could master Lucid Dreaming then you would be able to stop the things in a dream that are not going well.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:20 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
When I Googled The Spirits Book I came across a PDF version of this book.

Is this the book you are referring to and how authentic do you think it is?

http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kar...ts/lesp_us.pdf
That is the one, and of all I have researched, and read, this one is the most informative, and what I would call legitimate.
The book was actually written by the spirits themselves through automatic writing, and the help of a select group of mediums.
It is available at most book sellers.

One thing I noticed when reading it is, I could relate to things I experienced that are in the book.
Many things in our lives we don't understand, and as a result we are full of questions.
This book answers many of our questions.

The book for the most part is written in a question/answer format.
There are notes in bold that further explain what the spirits give for answers.
I know you will gain knowledge about things in this life you, for whatever reason, perhaps don't understand.
It has given my life a whole different perspective.

It gets a bit complicated at times, and you will find yourself reading over some parts to get a clearer understanding of what is being written.
I highly recommend it to any one seeking answers to questions about this human existence, as well as the spirit existence.

Bob.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:17 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
If you could master Lucid Dreaming then you would be able to stop the things in a dream that are not going well.
True and especially if your bored with it. A dream can be changed fairly quickly. Last night, I wondered why I never noticed others in a dream and went to bed. I certainly did dream about others and even drove a nice car to impress everyone in this group.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I haven't yet read through these posts, but I wanted to share this before I get off the computer. There was an article that I read that said people in your dreams are people you have seen before in waking life that your brain records. After learning this, I tend to linger around little babies saying high to them and waving so their brains can record me and they can dream about me later in life.

My daughter thinks it's really creepy. I agree.
That's awesome!

Old 05-10-2015, 04:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My dreams are for entertainment purposes only. They are often reoccurring and are usually highly adventurous. There are sometimes crowds of people or coworkers most of whom I can't recall ever meeting in real life. They usually play no part in the "plot" of the dream. My dreams are like movies. I'm not really into real life movies because my dreams are so much better. If I ever have a dream that isn't going like I want it to go - like if I know my dog will be injured or something scary is going to happen, I make myself wake up.

So all those extras are nobodies.

Your first line here sounds like a warning label or legal waiver.

"Extras in my dreams are compensated with fifty fictitious dollars per night. Call backs based on originality of performance. Not responsible for injuries incurred during impromptu 'adventure scenes.' Threats to humans or animals will immediately void this contract. "

"Dreams are for my sole entertainment purpose only. You have the right to play a silent role. Anything that you say can and will be held in my mind. You have the right to a fictitious lawyer. If you cannot find a fake lawyer, one can be imagined for you."

"Dreams are for entertainment purposes only. They are not meant to cure or diagnose any disease. Please talk to your doctor before starting a dream regimen."

Last edited by Utopian Slums; 05-10-2015 at 04:27 AM..

Old 05-23-2015, 08:32 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
I have had a few dreams...guess been my whole life been like this. Use to actually talk in my dreams on occasion ha. I had two dreams normally don't have many like this.

It was an out of body experience when I woke up I felt as if I went somewhere lived someone else's life, but felt connected. The oddest thing was my fiancé was the variable her essence in someone else, but could still tell it was her.

Anyways odd dream I rarely remember my dreams I remember pieces of this dream. Out in the wood's. There is singing praying chanting. There are bugs it is hot humid summer feel in or near a swamp can't recall. There is a house out in the wood's can't recall if circular in shape, but the porch wraps around. There are lanterns giving light everywhere.

Then this is where my memory is foggy I can't recall what happen mostly afterwards. It involved a young girl, her family, some type of possession, and was there with my fiancé to separate the girl from the entity. All I could recall thing's must of been bad because I had to suck it into me and then can't recall what occured.

I saw this in a movie where person ducked out a entity put it in a jar. It wasn't similar to the movie scene maybe some memories from the movie infused in my brain. It was awhile since I saw that movie, few month's. Think I let it go into the world.

I can just remember the smells the sensations the senses all felt real.

Really odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal