Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 05:42 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times

Advertisements

No such thing as a legit medium - just someone who wants to exploit and take advantage of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 05:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
No such thing as a legit medium - just someone who wants to exploit and take advantage of you.
Quoted from you 'Intolerance can be evil, and it can be right."

Old 06-04-2015, 11:36 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Except for the ones who do it for free. And some of the ones who don't, too.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Free medium readings at the Golden Gate Spiritualist Church in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood. This church was founded almost 100 years ago! Who knew? Nowadays they have people speak about NDE's, the science of consciousness, and life after life.

Golden Gate Spiritualist Church

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-04-2015 at 11:54 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 12:45 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I find the whole idea of "mediums" to be one of the great absurdities of life.

Here is a video showing that one of the mediums on this list of "tested" psychic's mediums, James Van Praagh, being exposed for the fraud that dominates this industry. James is obliterated here, his credibility as a medium, shattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_1TtZ1tNww
Does James Van Praagh provide a disclaimer that his services are for entertainment purpose only? If not, then he is clearly committing fraud, and isn't that illegal? He should be held legally accountable for conning people our of their money.

I think only an evil sociopath can make money by preying on grieving people.

I am still not convinced that there is such a thing as a real medium. So far, I have not seen any proof. I have heard/read stories from people who say they have been to a real medium, but to me that is not enough. I do think that there is evidence that deceased loved ones can communicate with us, but the only proof of this I have seen is the souls communicating on a personal level with people they know, not a stranger/medium.

I am still open minded about this though, and will not say that none exist. There could very well be people out there that can do this mediumship thing. Maybe one day I will run across one of the real ones, if they exist that is.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:23 AM

563 posts, read 523,872 times
No For one reason. It is all a load of pooh. They are just people that have sort of refined an very old con game. Yeah, send me A $20 and I will tell you your fortune. LOL. Please tell your friends, too!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:52 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What you describe isn't a medium. It's a clairvoyant. The wedding prediction sounds fairly generic; most people get invited to a summer wedding, and invitees are always supposed to bring gifts. Still, the first half is pretty impressive. The few clairvoyants I've tried pretty much had no clue about the big questions. I did see one who accurately predicted a "travel" accident (there was a car accident within 2 weeks of the date she gave me). I think it's rare to find someone with that clear a vision of the future. I'd definitely be interested, if there were a "real" one around. Yours should have intuited that you didn't want kids. I guess when a large amt. of money falls on you, and you buy a home, you'll know she's worth going back to. If that happens, do give us an update!
Sorry I thought the two terms were the same thing. That's spooky about the accident...I don't think we are anywhere near buying a house but it's worth dreaming about.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:30 AM

52 posts, read 51,404 times
Not sure of the exact difference, but my wife has seen a clairvoyant I think 3 times over the past 10 years or so.

The first time was when we had first started dating and the woman knew my name and said she saw numbers all around me (was in college studying accounting). She nailed a few other things as well but I can't really remember. We'd have to go back and review the notes from the readings and see how accurate this woman has really been. Think my wife was underwhelmed with the last 2 readings. I've never done a reading and don't really believe in it personally.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:57 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Does James Van Praagh provide a disclaimer that his services are for entertainment purpose only? If not, then he is clearly committing fraud, and isn't that illegal? He should be held legally accountable for conning people our of their money.

I think only an evil sociopath can make money by preying on grieving people.

I am still not convinced that there is such a thing as a real medium. So far, I have not seen any proof. I have heard/read stories from people who say they have been to a real medium, but to me that is not enough. I do think that there is evidence that deceased loved ones can communicate with us, but the only proof of this I have seen is the souls communicating on a personal level with people they know, not a stranger/medium.

I am still open minded about this though, and will not say that none exist. There could very well be people out there that can do this mediumship thing. Maybe one day I will run across one of the real ones, if they exist that is.
Van Praagh, on the top 10 list, of most popular mediums in the world. Imagine that, he's either affiliated with or made a large donation...cough... cough, in someones pocket. Could be based on book sales...mystery to me.

They do exist. If we can communicate with a loved ones soul, a medium can as well.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:49 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
I talk to psychics and mediums on a regular basis, but I don't get a good feeling from Van Praagh.

No matter how many times I've seen him on TV, I've never heard anything substantial in his readings. If he were my only example of a psychic, I wouldn't believe in it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal