Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:38 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I would LOVE to go to a REAL one. Shortly after my husband proposed to me, I was doing a fund raiser at our local Eagle's club. (I was working at the local food shelf and was there to collect canned donations.) There was a woman who donated her time to give readings. I knew her (small town) but we were basically acquaintances than friends. She didn't know about the engagement and I didn't reveal that piece of information. She said that she gets her information from "spirits" (and I'm not talking about alcohol here ). The fact that my life was full of wedding preparations at that time, if anyone could "read" the future-or even the present, that would have probably smacked them in the face. She never ONCE mentioned it in her reading. A few weeks later, I told her that we were getting married and she said, "I don't know how I didn't see that when I gave you a reading."

Cat
Ha, she didn't "see" that one coming! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:09 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,484,208 times
I not only went to a "real" one, I can give you his name: George Anderson, of Long Island NY.

After a disturbing family death, I kept hearing someone calling out my name, usually at night. I passed it off as dreaming. Then someone mentioned this George Anderson, and I got curious. I made an appointment for a group session, as I live in New England. I made the appointment in a false name, and a friendly local postal worker agreed to accept a General Delivery in that name, for the confirmation. I did that to prevent anyone from gathering info about me before the session.

There were 9 other persons/couples at the motel where the group session was held. George tells you beforehand to say nothing, just "yes" or "no", mostly regarding knowledge of someone who was trying to come through. He did a reading for 15-20 minutes for all 10 attendees. I got to hear what was said to all the other people present, as well as what was said to me.

George names names (4 in my case), and tells you who the person is coming through, their gender, often their name, who they are related to and which way (spouse, child, parent, etc). He can "feel" pain in areas of his own body, which tells him how the person died. Everyone agreed that it was a remarksble session; nobody expected such detail and accuracy. In my case, I was floored by what he told me, and the sounds of my name being called at night were explained.

Not long after, a woman came in to my business (I ran a business before retiring), followed by her husband. I knew them both, as we did a lot of work for them. I spoke with her, and didn't see him around then, so I asked, "How is Jerry?" (her husband). She replied, "Jerry died 2 weeks ago!". I was stunned by that...I had definitely seen Jerry follow her in, and told her so. She almost cried, she was so happy...Jerry must have used me to give her the message that he got where he was supposed to go, just fine. Oddest thing that ever happened to me. But I was NOT spooked by it.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:51 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Considering James Randi, Houdini and many others have debunked every Psychic and Medium every time, I don't know how anyone could think they are real. Maybe they are good life coaches, but they are not Psychics.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:11 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,399 times
A friend of mine is actually. She knew things about my Aunt that had recently passed that I never told her.(It was problems w/ her neck)

Old 05-04-2015, 01:41 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I would LOVE to go to a REAL one. Shortly after my husband proposed to me, I was doing a fund raiser at our local Eagle's club. (I was working at the local food shelf and was there to collect canned donations.) There was a woman who donated her time to give readings. I knew her (small town) but we were basically acquaintances than friends. She didn't know about the engagement and I didn't reveal that piece of information. She said that she gets her information from "spirits" (and I'm not talking about alcohol here ). The fact that my life was full of wedding preparations at that time, if anyone could "read" the future-or even the present, that would have probably smacked them in the face. She never ONCE mentioned it in her reading. A few weeks later, I told her that we were getting married and she said, "I don't know how I didn't see that when I gave you a reading."

Cat
Yes, you would think this would be something she would pick up on.

Like I said I think there are people with gifts, and I have read wonderful stories from people who have been to mediums and psychics that seemed like they really had that gift. Of course, I sometimes wonder if some of those people gave these psychics the information without realizing it...how many wrong guesses did it take for the psychic to get the right, how many questions did they ask you before they told you anything, did they maybe tell them things and didn't think they did?

I think it is especially easy for mediums to get info out of people then use it to make it sound like they came up with the stuff themselves and are really talking to the deceased. When someone is grieving I think they are an easy target for these con artist mediums. So far the few I have been in contact with really had no clue. They ask a bunch of questions, they say something and when you tell them you don't know why that would come up they try to twist it around, they give such general info that it would apply to anyone...it is sad, really. One once asked me if a deceased loved one liked a certain thing b/c they kept seeing that certain thing. I kept saying no, I have no idea why this would be coming up. So the medium goes on to say "oh it is coming up probably b/c they are trying to tell me they did not like this thing". Really, the dead are going to talk to them and give them signs for things they didn't like, haha.

I read something online from a person who is kinda like a ghost hunter, has been doing paranormal research for many years, and they believe in spirits. They said they do not believe in mediums. They said that everything they have learned about these spirits suggests that there is no way a psychic/medium can just ask any spirit to come to them. They said that it does not work that way.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:14 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,058 times
I had a tarot card reading once about 12 years ago, and I didn't believe in it but did it on a dare. It was frighteningly accurate. In fact there were no inaccuracies. The reader revealed my past occupation, my religion, and that I was about to conceive a child.

Not a medium, but nonetheless paranormal.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Considering James Randi, Houdini and many others have debunked every Psychic and Medium every time,
I don't know how anyone could think they are real.
Maybe they are good life coaches, but they are not Psychics.
No comment...deleted my response...BUT, I don't know what
you are doing here...it's like an atheist commenting on a Spiritual Thread.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:39 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
I had a tarot card reading once about 12 years ago, and I didn't believe in it but did it on a dare. It was frighteningly accurate. In fact there were no inaccuracies. The reader revealed my past occupation, my religion, and that I was about to conceive a child.

Not a medium, but nonetheless paranormal.
Hopefully one day I will run into someone with this gift. I know there are people out there that have it. Maybe it is not meant for me right now to find that real psychic/medium. God/the Universe knows what is best for us. If I did find someone like this I would probably want to talk to them everyday, so maybe that is why God figures I better not, haha.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:16 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,123,815 times
I had gone to several earlier in life and nothing ever came true.

About a year after my son died, I went to one that I'd heard about through word of mouth. She was expensive, but I didn't care if I got to hear from my son.

She told me things that blew my mind away. She only knew my first name, so she couldn't do any kind of search on me.

She told me that my son takes full responsibility for how he died and how sorry he was for putting me through so much pain. He drank and took an OTC pill and it caused toxic poisoning and it killed him. She told me about the tree in our back yard that he and his buddy used to climb and I had it cut down. She told me of the anguish he suffered over his father disowning him. She told me that he had been in the Navy and that he loved his girlfriend deeply. She told me that he was turning my touch lamp on in my bedroom (which he was, but it took me a week to figure out it was him) One of my niece's had won a trophy in a basketball tournament (and I had no knowledge of this) and her picture was in the paper. My sis confirmed this after I got home. My other niece got a tattoo on her one foot with his signature and a Navy quote on the other foot. She told me about the signature one on her foot. She said that he had just made amends with his dad shortly before his death. She was the "real deal" because she said so many personal and on the spot things in detail that I was amazed by her and that reading gave me much comfort.

I had gone to a man phychic a few years earlier and I asked him if my son would become a Navy SEAL and he told me no. He was right about that. He told me that he saw my older son working in a hospital setting, but with the legal department. My son has been a Paramedic, but went back to school for his Master's in Public Policy, which he is unable to find a job in that field. I keep wondering if maybe in the future, he'll work in the legal dept. of a hospital.
I didn't think very much of his reading because he didn't give me precise answers. Looking back now, maybe he was better than I thought.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:44 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,669,615 times
While listening to a local radio, there was a segment with a pair of psychics. One was a medium who communicated with animals. At the end of the segment, they offered thier phone numbers.
At that time I had a dog who I got from my bf, because he had been murdered. I knew the dog was a witness, the crime was still under investigation, no body at the time, so it was technically a missing persons case.
I must also mention, that I felt it down to my core when my bf took his last breath, but at the time was not aware of what that feeling meant.
So I called this lady. I knew only a very few tidbits about the happenings of that fateful day. The only thing I told her was that he was a missing person and I had his dog and believed she was a witness.
The first thing she did was say she would 'reach out' to see where his life force was....a moment of silence and something of a groan and a sigh....I already knew he was dead, and she said, 'I'm so sorry....he is gone'. Then she focused on the dog to get insight on the events that unfolded. She said to me, I smell popcorn...the dog likes popcorn....she did, and she also had popcorn smelling feet. Then she said she smelled whisky and saw playing cards.
With the info I had, I was not able to make any solid connections, but whisky and cards, very plausible in almost any situation. So I kept that in mind. Come about 4 years later, a body is recovered. A detective comes to speak with me and after answering his questions, he gives me some info.
The killer invited the accomplice over for drinking and poker. The accomplice did not know he was being set up. Once good and drunk, the killer coerced the accomplice to assist in the deed.
Whisky and cards....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal