Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,578,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

Psychics who predict the future must be also getting a message from someone or do they just sense things? How do they get these predictions? If a psychic tells someone they are going to get married and have a kid in the next year, where do they get this info from?
Well, it's said that time "on the other side", or in whatever dimension that is, doesn't exist the way we experience it. Everything is simultaneous, events don't happen in a serial fashion the way we experience them. So "the future" is now, and the psychic could be somehow tuning into that "now". For this reason, it's hard for some psychics to pinpoint the time that the predicted event will happen. They might say it will happen in about a year, but they could be wrong. I think this depends on the individuals' abilities. Other psychics might actually "see" a calendar page, so they could at least name a month. But others sometimes miss the mark by a few weeks or months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 01:13 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,756,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, it's said that time "on the other side", or in whatever dimension that is, doesn't exist the way we experience it. Everything is simultaneous, events don't happen in a serial fashion the way we experience them. So "the future" is now, and the psychic could be somehow tuning into that "now". For this reason, it's hard for some psychics to pinpoint the time that the predicted event will happen. They might say it will happen in about a year, but they could be wrong. I think this depends on the individuals' abilities. Other psychics might actually "see" a calendar page, so they could at least name a month. But others sometimes miss the mark by a few weeks or months.
So they are getting the info from someone on the other side?

I found this list of some psychics/mediums that go back a hundred years

ASCS Library - Evidence Room - Aisle L-3, Bios of Mediums

Old 05-09-2015, 10:27 AM

19,966 posts, read 30,152,035 times
I had an appointment with "Lady-Linda" 2 yrs ago

medium

ive had many experiences with spirits and believe in just about everything but an honest politician...

I walked in to see linda I kept my mind blank,,,, and did some research on the internet and somewhere I read "thinking sexual thoughts" introduces a lot of static to a medium..

so, linda being attractive,,,im thinking of the song "kiss you all over" by exile
and picturing her naked...
im as stoned face as I can be,,,not giving her any facial expressions,,,,she grabs my hands,,,

looks at me,,,and says ,, "all you men can be pigs!! and get that song out of your head! I acted surprise and she said,,, the word "kiss" and I couldn't help but smile,,

so, she has my hands and weirdly,,, I squeeze hers a bit and picture the ocean,,,,not just the water, but a breakwater, and I know this is significant to her,, im hearing the Dixie cups song going to the chapel...and gonna get married,,,but also the pic of the breakwater,,,,ahhh,,,she got married on the breakwater,,,

she said "you are highly intuitive, you want to tell me where I got married" I said on a cloudy day on a breakwater

then she asked if spirits come to me to be heard,,,i said no..

anyways she asked me to clear my thoughts,,,,no dirty thoughts!
and then she pretty much told me my life story and of my family that has passed,,
and she brought up a favorite toy by name and why it meant so much,,,, this was dead on..

she said something astounding,,,,,

"remember" when you insisted on taking the keys from your friend that night of a bachelors party..his name was steve he had too much to drink and he wanted to drive his truck to go see his ex-girlfriend"???

she was dead on

I said yes,,,she said "you not only saved his life but two other lives,,,and one a young one "

she said this is what life truly is,,,not being popular ,,but being truthful,,,with honor and decency,,,and a good friend does not allow another friend to drive drunk.even if he gets upset with you..

I asked her about 3 passed relatives,,,she brought up 2 with specifics,,,and said they are fine,,,,and here is a question they have for you (the question was very specific)

she was good......very good!

Old 05-09-2015, 01:50 PM

867 posts, read 907,641 times
OK, so I'm glad I found this thread because I was thinking of buying time with this medium but I don't know if she is any good:

https://www.silverspringoflight.com/..._Readings.html

Does anybody have any experience with her?

Old 05-09-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
OK, so I'm glad I found this thread because I was thinking of buying time with this medium but I don't know if she is any good:

When I have more time later tonight I will find a link and post it. It is a link to mediums that have supposedly passed some test.

I am very skeptical of most mediums. I know there are some gifted people out there that probably can communicate with spirit, but most I think can not.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post

Here is the link I mentioned before: Research Mediums – Windbridge Institute, LLC

I have never used any of the mediums listed on that site. The psychics/mediums I have used I was never impressed with. I might one day try one again.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:57 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,578,294 times
Quote:
So they are getting the info from someone on the other side?

I found this list of some psychics/mediums that go back a hundred years

ASCS Library - Evidence Room - Aisle L-3, Bios of Mediums
I don't think so. I think they're getting it intuitively somehow. They're "seeing" events, and maybe "seeing" or intuiting cues as to when the events are happening. It's a mystery. The psychics or "healers" I've been to were not mediums. They had the gift of "second sight", I guess you could call it. Clairvoyance and mediumship are two different things.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-09-2015 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think so. I think they're getting it intuitively somehow. They're "seeing" events, and maybe "seeing" or intuiting cues as to when the events are happening. It's a mystery. The psychics or "healers" I've been to were not mediums. They had the gift of "second sight", I guess you could call it. Clairvoyance and mediumship are two different things.
Ok, that makes sense.

I sometimes dream of something happening, and then shortly after it does happen. I also have had dreams of things happening, then found out it was happening for real while I was dreaming of it happening...if that makes sense. One example is one night I had a dream my friend's son was on the schoolbus and something happened, some kind of problem with the bus, or accident, it was a dream that stressed me out. I called my friend that morning and sure enough, the bus her son took to school had some issue (not an accident) on the way to school. This only happens in my dreams though. I think a lot of people have these kinds of dreams.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:37 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,660,016 times
R4T is spot on with mediums being different. It's a bit like the pigeon and dove relationship. All Mediums are psychics but not all psychics are mediums.
Mediums are that connection between the living and the dead. From what I have been told by mediums, they do get thier information in forms that is pretty much the same way as a psychic. It is the source that is different.
There are several different 'psychic senses', two being; Clairvoyance is clear seeing. This is via dreams, visions, visual flashes of a scene or object, Clairauduance is clear hearing; one hears sounds or an androgynous voice that provides information.
Some mediums say they the loved one is 'showing me a _____'. So the medium is seeing.
Some mediums can have a conversation with those on the other side.
So the mechanics are the same. I suppose that there are some who are just psychic that are not realizing that the information is being sent to them via a person on the other side, maybe all.
I like to think that there is this ethereal pool of all the events and memories of everyone and everything, past, present, and all potential futures. Anyone can tap into this pool of information in some way or another, realized or not. If a spirit communicates with a medium, the medium does not need to visit this pool, but maybe it's the spirits that hang out around this pool

I do not (totally) claim to be psychic, but I do speak of my odd relationship with the dead and death. I also read tarot cards and when I began, it slammed open an intuitive door that I had only a sparse history with. I still can be shocked and amazed by the things that I 'know' (clairsentiance) and see (clairvoyance). Occasionally I will hear or smell things (clairaudiance and clairalience).
What I can say about these senses, they are different. It's a bit difficult to explain but they just seem/feel different.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Here is the link I mentioned before: Research Mediums – Windbridge Institute, LLC

I have never used any of the mediums listed on that site. The psychics/mediums I have used I was never impressed with. I might one day try one again.
well, I checked out a few of these supposedly tested mediums listed on that site, and I did not see any I would actually pay for a reading. Personally, I don't think real mediums would take money, and if they did, it would be very little. The ones that get rich off this, are scam artists, I think,.

So far everyone I have ever checked out seems like a big con artist. I love it when these mediums say spirit talks to them and they can hear them clearly, yet they can't even figure out if the spirits first name starts with a J or M or P, haha. Or the mediums who see spirit, but can't tell the difference between a female/male spirit. If I was unethical, I would learn some cold reading techniques and would prey on grieving people, but I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal