Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 03:39 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Over the past two months my husband, my brother in law (who has been staying with us while he looks for a house in our area) and I have all heard the voice of our 18 year old daughter - when she is at school, at work, or otherwise not home.

It emanates from her bedroom, the bathroom upstairs, the living room and sometimes the screened in porch - which is "L" shaped. So we will be on the front side of the porch and we will hear girlish chatter and giggling from the side of the porch. Last night it was so noticeable that we thought she'd come home from work early and entered the porch on the side, presumably with a friend.

My husband actually got up to check. No one was there and her car was not in the driveway.

Other than the fact that the last owners of the house foreclosed, nothing evil or negative happened in our home. No murders. No suicides. Nothing.

Our house was built in 1923 or 4. The first owners were actually members of the same church that we attend, which is at the end of the block.We know quite a bit about them, both from research and from a couple who are in their late 80s who attend our church and are quite knowledgeable about who lived here, over the years.

The family who built the house had a son and a daughter - the same years apart as our children are - except that the daughter was the eldest.

The daughter attended the same high school as our daughter does, which is not that strange.

She graduated from the University of North Dakota, then entered the army and was a spy - she was fluent in Japanese.

Strangely, our daughter gets a lot of mail from the University of North Dakota. She never expressed an interest in that school. My daughter has expressed an interest in entering the Army, though.

1. Has anyone else ever heard the voice of a living family member when they were not at home?

2. This is a very happy, hectic and heady time in my daughter's life. She is about to graduate from high school, prom is coming up, she is going to be leaving home in the Fall and going away to college - because she is happy - yet anxious - about the changes in her life.

Could this be a form of poltergeist activity?

3. Could the fact that a girl with many similar interests and associations - once lived in her bedroom - attract the spirit of the girl whose parents built the house - be attracted to the goings on here - graduation from her High School, attending her prom, my daughter speaking to Army recruiters.

4. There are no "logical" explanations. We are all hearing my daughter's voice from other rooms. There is no doubt about it.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 04:06 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Can you tell what she is saying? Does it make sense?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:27 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
It is possible that she has left some of her energy behind. I would be curious as to what she was doing at the exact time you heard her voice.

Cat

Old 04-12-2015, 09:28 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
My answer is largely in reply to your Question #3:

I wouldn't think of poltergeist activity, but it's certainly possible she (the other daughter) DID leave some energy behind and could even in some way be influencing your daughter, but for good things, as you hear her laughing, etc. As long as you don't start hearing sounds or words that bother you, I really believe residual energy can manifest, especially at a place where so much good (or bad, but in this case, good) things happened.

I think back to my childhood and "teenage-to-adult" home a great deal and even dream I'm there -- STILL. I was very happy there for the most part and the fact that I dream so much about still being there after 30+ years makes me wonder now what's going on with the present owners!

I wouldn't think anything's "bad" about this at all. What happened to the other daughter, who joined the Army and went on to become a spy, fluent in Japanese?

Also, has this only been happening since your brother-in-law arrived? If so, is there anything about him or his life that might tie in with this? What does he think about it?

Very interesting! I'd like to learn more about how this goes!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Can you tell what she is saying? Does it make sense?
No it's not compressible but it sounds like English interspersed with laughter. The few phrases that everyone agrees upon are "Oh you're so funny!" and " do you want to go out later?"

There is more conversation, but none of it scary - it's just garbled. But no different than conversation from another room would sound. It just sounds normal.

Except that she isn't home.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
My answer is largely in reply to your Question #3:

I wouldn't think of poltergeist activity, but it's certainly possible she (the other daughter) DID leave some energy behind and could even in some way be influencing your daughter, but for good things, as you hear her laughing, etc. As long as you don't start hearing sounds or words that bother you, I really believe residual energy can manifest, especially at a place where so much good (or bad, but in this case, good) things happened.

I think back to my childhood and "teenage-to-adult" home a great deal and even dream I'm there -- STILL. I was very happy there for the most part and the fact that I dream so much about still being there after 30+ years makes me wonder now what's going on with the present owners!

I wouldn't think anything's "bad" about this at all. What happened to the other daughter, who joined the Army and went on to become a spy, fluent in Japanese?

Also, has this only been happening since your brother-in-law arrived? If so, is there anything about him or his life that might tie in with this? What does he think about it?

Very interesting! I'd like to learn more about how this goes!

I agree. Nothing negative. This girl, the first owner's daughter - was quite a star in our community. She was happy and a good student. She seved her country and came back to a welcoming community.

She was married in the church down the street - the same one that our daughter attends.

Yes, teenage to adult is a memorable time! It was for me. I too wonder if at this time of year I am not present in my parent's old home. Running up and down stairs. Chatting on my pink princess phone, or listening to Lou Reed, David Bowie, The Grateful Dead or other bands.

I have never heard of anything like this.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
It is possible that she has left some of her energy behind. I would be curious as to what she was doing at the exact time you heard her voice.

Cat

Could you explain more?

I agree about residual energy.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:59 AM

11,026 posts, read 5,982,960 times
One wonders whether this would be akin to 'hauntings'. Residual energy of someone, in this case a happy and vibrant person (or two such persons in this case).

Very interesting.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Default Hearing our daughter's voice when we are not at home

Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:19 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.
Example?

BTW, I am not saying that this is not a paranormal situation but there are non-paranormal explanations for this. I sometimes think I hear things that are not there because it is in the back of my mind from when I was listening for some things. I think it is natural for a parent to think of their children and this may cause them to hear their voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal