U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM

10,019 posts, read 17,313,602 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm not too sure where to post this, because I don't know what it really was.

this morning, I "woke up", or that is, thought I was awake, and found a "tumor" on the bed next to me. At least that's what I thought it was. It was near my head, a small, round "thing", about 1 inch in diameter, flesh colored, with what looked like some black discoloration on the back. It felt cold, and had the texture of meat.. There was a small tail on the end, almost like where it had broke off from something. I looked at it, then asked my DH what it was. he said it was just a piece of pie crust. No way, this isn't pie crust, look again, its something organic, I think its a tumor! Then I said to put it in the fridge so we could take it to the doctor. I also said to secure it so the cat wouldn't eat it.

Now, he's home for lunch and denies any of that ever happened, no "tumor", no pie crust, I was just dreaming. I've searched all through the trash, and the fridge, unless the cat ate it, it never existed? Could it have been a weird dream? Or was it some sort of warning? any takes on this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM

13,805 posts, read 22,435,000 times
Seems there's been a lot of that going around.... A week or so ago, I was sitting on my sofa and felt something poking my rear. I reached behind me and pulled out what felt like a cheeto.... but we don't eat Cheetos. When I opened my hand I found a tail. I screamed and threw it on the floor. I have no idea what kind of tail it was .... just that it was Cheeto sized.... never did find the critter. I expect that was in a kittie's belly. Ad I have no idea what the critter was.... hairy tail though.... stripey not ringed.

I'd reckon Mary -- in your case it's a dream. Some dreams are so scary and so real... my horror of possums is from a nightmare I had. It's been 28 years.... and I still freak when I see a possum....

Old 05-04-2015, 12:06 PM

10,019 posts, read 17,313,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Seems there's been a lot of that going around.... A week or so ago, I was sitting on my sofa and felt something poking my rear. I reached behind me and pulled out what felt like a cheeto.... but we don't eat Cheetos. When I opened my hand I found a tail. I screamed and threw it on the floor. I have no idea what kind of tail it was .... just that it was Cheeto sized.... never did find the critter. I expect that was in a kittie's belly. Ad I have no idea what the critter was.... hairy tail though.... stripey not ringed.

I'd reckon Mary -- in your case it's a dream. Some dreams are so scary and so real... my horror of possums is from a nightmare I had. It's been 28 years.... and I still freak when I see a possum....

Maybe this is just something that happens as we age.....

Old 05-04-2015, 04:35 PM

11,652 posts, read 14,720,537 times
Sounds like an insect cocoon! It's mid-Spring and especially if you are in a more rural area this could be a possibility.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:49 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,316,233 times
Itz nawt ah toomaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Most likely it's something that got squished or tracked in from outside. Happens every once and a while and I'll admit I've been temporarily baffled by whatever it was, before tossing it in the garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I think its a tumor!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:53 AM

7,202 posts, read 3,598,858 times
But hubby denies the whole incident like it never happened, saying she must have been dreaming.
Quote:
Now, he's home for lunch and denies any of that ever happened, no "tumor", no pie crust, I was just dreaming.
A very weird and realistic dream.

I have had dreams which I identified as dreams only because the facts didn't fit. Nothing as dramatic as your dream, just an event which I 'remember' but then realize did not actually happen, therefore I must have dreamt it. I think this happens to many of us.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:00 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,483,510 times
I think it was a dream. I say this because if this really happened would you really put it in the fridge to take it to the doctor, and also would you really secure it so that the cat would not eat it. Those 2 parts of the dream make it sound like it was just a dream.

It was probably just one of those odd dreams, but it could have been some kind of message/had some meaning. Are you going through some kind of health issue at the moment? Have you been worried about your health or your husband's health lately?

I don't find these dream interpretations online to be that accurate, but here is what I found when I looked for dreaming about a tumor: tumor Personal issues that you need to deal with, or something that's "eating at you" Problem or negativity that you've been holding onto, avoiding, or denying for a long time Something negative that you're in denial about or choosing to ignore (such as being unhappy at your job or having a problem in your relationship)

Old 05-05-2015, 01:58 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,831,273 times
One time I had a vivid dream that I wrecked my 71 Plymouth Roadrunner . I woke up and ran downstairs to look in the garage. The car was NOT THERE!

Then I really woke up.

Whewww...

Old 05-10-2015, 04:00 AM

6,321 posts, read 5,328,392 times
Sounds like a dream. But honestly, if it were me, I would want a brain scan for a "tumor near my head."

Old 05-10-2015, 06:21 PM

18,015 posts, read 14,287,089 times
Anybody remember this old scary science fiction movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZtzxthVCDo? There is nudity and violence - but it kind of fits the description of the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal