U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 02:45 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,472,358 times

Advertisements

I have read that little kids will often talk to/about people they see that others can not. I recently came across some stories from moms who say their kids did this. Kids talking about deceased relatives they never met, saying grandma came in to my room last night even though their grandma passed away years ago. There were some stories also of kids being scared of "the man standing in the corner".

I think that kids do have imaginary friends and can make up stories that are not real, but I do think that sometimes they really might be seeing spirits/ghosts.

I posted in another thread that my sister told me her son from age 2-3 kept talking about a man in his room. No one could see this man, only her son. My sister said she would sometimes get a weird feeling and feel a cool breeze when walking into the room. Finally she used some holy water in the room, and right after she did that my nephew stopped talking about the man in his room.

From what I have also read is that kids are supposedly more open to spirits, and that is why they see them when us adults can't.

Does anyone here have any stories of their kids saying they saw stuff that others could not? Maybe their kids talking about a relative that just passed away that came to say goodbye or give a message? Imaginary friends they played with that made you think they might not be imaginary?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 07:47 AM

242 posts, read 195,313 times
I don't have children but when I was a child I used to see ghosts all the time. Back then as a young girl I thought it was actually people. I saw a black man in my house once sitting on our couch with my mother and I watching t.v. and I said to my mom 'is he your friend?' LOL my mom was like 'who, what, ??'

Old 05-05-2015, 09:17 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,476,802 times
When my daughter was 2 she woke up from her nap one day and said there was a lady in her room. I went upstairs and obviously, no one was there. She went on to describe an angel....wings and all. Said the lady came down from the ceiling and smiled at her, and then floated away. It was strange because we are atheists. I don't think my daughter had ever even SEEN an angel, in a book or cartoon or anywhere. But she described the wings on her back. It was all very eerie. It never happened again.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,306 posts, read 2,386,239 times
When I was a kid, I had similar encounter.
Due to the design of my parent's place, I need to go thru an indoor garden to go into the bathroom.
When I went outside my bedroom, I saw a huge chinese dragon thingy slithering on the ground and then started floating around. But I was not scared.
The next morning, the garden was a mess. There was marks like something sliding on the ground of the garden.
Our live-in maid claimed there was a burglary although nothing was stolen.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM

26,154 posts, read 16,885,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc
When my daughter was 2 she woke up from her nap one day and said there was a lady in her room. I went upstairs and obviously, no one was there. She went on to describe an angel....wings and all. Said the lady came down from the ceiling and smiled at her, and then floated away. It was strange because we are atheists. I don't think my daughter had ever even SEEN an angel, in a book or cartoon or anywhere. But she described the wings on her back. It was all very eerie. It never happened again.
I tend to think angels or spirits in general try to make thjemselves known ESPECIALLY TO ATHIESTS because they dont have a set judgement on things,thier minds are open TO ANYTHING!! (@ least thats what I have discovered having some athiest friends (I can talk to them about ANYTHING and they dont laugh,make fun of me,etc))

I believe your daughter did have a visit

Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,619,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
From what I have also read is that kids are supposedly more open to spirits, and that is why they see them when us adults can't.
This is from the movies. Directors had a hard time filming horror movies when animals did not know they were supposed to ignore the spirit so it is now "common knowledge" that animals can see ghosts. Same with kids to a lesser extent. Young children could have problems with this so I believe the myth was perpetuated. Children seeing spirits or demons is scary and thus a natural story line for the genre.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 AM

8,130 posts, read 4,482,884 times
When I was around 10, we moved in a brownstone that had been vacant for about 15 years. There was a room off the kitchen that was always freezing cold. It not only gave me the creeps, but even our cat would not go in there. She should stay outside the doorway and then run like lightening.

One day Mom asked me to get something from that room. I went in and saw an old woman with a long grey braid and dressed all in black. She was hanging from a rope attached to a light fixture on the ceiling. I ran screaming out of there.

Mom was friendly with the owner and asked if anything unusual had ever happened in the house. The man said that the reason they closed the building was because his Grandma had hung herself in one of the rooms. Their family could not live there after that. Mom was very upset that she was not told of this before we moved in. We didn't stay there very long after that.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:54 AM

2,090 posts, read 2,055,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
You said "we are atheists". If your daughter was 2 at the time I don't think she knew what an atheist was at that age. So may be you should take note. May be there's something you're missing. Time to believe. Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean there is no truth to it or anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal