U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 PM

241 posts, read 313,109 times

Advertisements

http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/04/the-...-dna-analysis/

One scientist I believe found that she was 100% of west african blood, but wasn't related any modern day african groups. Other scientist believe that she was half ape/human or a yeti. There are no pictures of her, but her children look 100% percent human.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 12:46 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,015,617 times
No pictures, just a story on the internet eh? Kinda like "Woman gives birth to 7 1/2 pound eyeball...." I used to collect the most inventive made up stories in the scandal sheets, tabloids, and rags like the Enquirer and that was my favorite. The ape woman from Russia who's really African doesn't even come close. They need to keep trying.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:30 AM

2,089 posts, read 2,052,103 times
LMAO

Old 05-08-2015, 02:32 AM

19,534 posts, read 11,995,298 times
that link leads to a site titled 'doubtfull news'.

at least that much is true.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:08 AM

4,178 posts, read 3,070,339 times
Kwhit doesn't look the least bit African. He always looked to me a bit like another big Russian- the boxer Nikolai Valuev.

I am calling bull feathers. A lot of DNA testing from degraded samples is actually bogus, and measures contamination. Scientists will sell the result even knowing that it is fake. A scientist named Albert Zink once sold a study he did on King Tut and Tut's family on some Learning Channel production, and then had to admit that he never got the same results twice when he tried to verify the testing. I am guessing that is what happened here.

As for the whole African, but not modern African thing, what does that even mean? Is her DNA related to modern West Africans or not? What "West Africans" is it related to then? Pygmies? Khoisans? The imaginary ones that the tester invented?

Zana was probably a woman with some kind of deformity (gigantism?) that caused her to be cast out of society until she was found by those who took her in. Poorly socialized, she may never have been taught language. I saw on monster quest that she had a very unusual jaw...like someone with gigantism.

The story breaks my heart every time I hear it. Poor woman. I hope she found some manner of happiness in her inner world. Whatever her origins she and her children were certainly human beings. RIP.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 PM

87,900 posts, read 81,705,420 times
The link quotes "professor" Brian Sykes, supposedly a geneticist from Oxford, but his claim to a degree from there have been proven to be false.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:53 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,348,253 times
Another myth debunked....

Quote:
Professor Sykes’ research (part of a worldwide analysis of alleged Bigfoot samples), has yielded a remarkable result: that Zana’s ancestry was 100% Sub-Saharan African and that she was most probably a slave brought to the region by the ruling Ottomans.

To answer the riddle and establish what species she belonged to, Professor Sykes has tested samples from six of Zana’s living descendants. He has also recovered DNA from a tooth taken from the skull of one of her sons, Khwit. Such work is highly specialized and Sykes was the first geneticist ever to extract DNA from ancient bone.

But the big surprise in Sykes’ results was that Zana’s DNA is not Caucasian at all, but African. Khwit’s tooth sample confirms her maternal African ancestry and the saliva tests on the six living descendants show that they all contain African DNA in the right proportions for Zana to have been genetically 100% sub-Saharan African.
The story of ‘Zana’, wild woman, has been solved through DNA analysis (UPDATE)

The above link is to doubtful news and before anyone blows the article off because of the name of the website understand the article is written by Professor Bryan Sykes of the University of Oxford ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Sykes

Last edited by plwhit; 05-09-2015 at 01:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal