Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 01:06 AM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

Christine you must have been dreaming,
stories like this can't be true
Christine you're talking in riddles,
and it's not like you.......... (thx for triggering Phantom of Opera's Angel of Music tune)

Twenty four years later.
It was a message to tell you that you were from Mars (fourth planet from sun)
It was a message to tell you that you would be a writer, you child of the fourth estate!

Were you born between 3am and 6am?
From the fourth child of four?
Or maybe you are the third child from the fourth child of a fifth child of a sixth child of a seventh child?
Or maybe you heard it slightly wrong and you were born on the Fourth (and are a Yankee Doodle Dandy)
Or maybe you were supposed to be the fourth of four guests who were off to see the Wizard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC871hNBig4

I'm in agreement with D Scott on this - random odd stranger, and because of the one thing that still resonates -him using your name- it still haunts you subconsciously twenty four years later. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 03:56 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Sounds like a wannabe psychic playing parlor games to dumb up future business.

Nowadays, it's mostly done online.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
ok i'm finally back, sorry it took so long; it's the end of the school year & kids have me going in a million different directions! Thanks everybody for your replies, i feel better now about posting the rest of this.

The rest of it:

It was spring of 1991 & I was 23 yrs old. I was a2[SIZE=3]nd[/SIZE] year nursing student & married 6 years already to the boy I had been with since age 16. We had 3 boys ages 5, 3 & 14months & had recently separated. That day I was feeling pretty low. .

My favorite thing to do back then, no matter what mood I was in was to escape, even for an hour, to the mountains. That’s easy to do here, the asphalt streets turned to winding gravel mountain roads just 10 min from home. I loved to go higher & higher up into the forest; the city getting farther away the higher I went. Day or night, always alone but never afraid Sometimes, I would pull off the road, take off my shoes & just wander.

As I type this, I realize that it sounds, well, weird. But it was really pretty therapeutic & I always felt better when I came back.

The odd thing about that day, though, is that it didn’t work. ; it seemed like the mountain had put up a “closed” sign. my I put my 3 little boys in their car seats & drove up & down Gold Camp road. The boys fell asleep & although it was quiet, I started feeling anxious. As my anxiety seemed to be getting worse, I decided to go back home.

I don’t remember now what it was I was going to grab at the 7-11 on my way home. It was just a spontaneous “oh wait I needed ___” kind of thing.

But to pick up where my original post left off:

( this part is hard for me, maybe I shouldn’t care so much, but if I get laughed at about it I will feel so dumb) !

He said “they” had sent him to meet a girl who was a “child from the Fourth”. Her name would be Christine.

I tried to tell him he must have the wrong “Christine” & I told him I was just a mom. He stood on his tiptoes to look at my 3 sleeping boys in the car & said something else that I didn’t understand:

“There is 1...both blue & white…no, there are 2? Wait, there is green…I’ve never seen this before but there are 3! Very unusual…very interesting”.

He turned to me & said “ Yes, it is you, you are the child from the fourth, as in fourth dimension, you see & I am here to warn you about something dark; please, you need to listen.”

That’s when he handed me the card. It was a very unpretentious off-white business card that said “The Wizard” in small, plain black lettering, along
with a local phone number.

He turned & grabbed his bicycle then said

“We can only help you if you invite us to. You are stronger than it is now so it seeks to gain strength by making you weak. The darkness will trick you, good will appear evil & evil will seem good. Once the self-destruction starts you may be lost forever; please let us help!”

And then he left, he just pedaled away.

I never called. I kept the card until it fell apart; maybe 6 years later.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:14 PM

867 posts, read 909,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
ok i'm finally back, sorry it took so long; it's the end of the school year & kids have me going in a million different directions! Thanks everybody for your replies, i feel better now about posting the rest of this.

The rest of it:

It was spring of 1991 & I was 23 yrs old. I was a2[SIZE=3]nd[/SIZE] year nursing student & married 6 years already to the boy I had been with since age 16. We had 3 boys ages 5, 3 & 14months & had recently separated. That day I was feeling pretty low. .

My favorite thing to do back then, no matter what mood I was in was to escape, even for an hour, to the mountains. That’s easy to do here, the asphalt streets turned to winding gravel mountain roads just 10 min from home. I loved to go higher & higher up into the forest; the city getting farther away the higher I went. Day or night, always alone but never afraid Sometimes, I would pull off the road, take off my shoes & just wander.

As I type this, I realize that it sounds, well, weird. But it was really pretty therapeutic & I always felt better when I came back.

The odd thing about that day, though, is that it didn’t work. ; it seemed like the mountain had put up a “closed” sign. my I put my 3 little boys in their car seats & drove up & down Gold Camp road. The boys fell asleep & although it was quiet, I started feeling anxious. As my anxiety seemed to be getting worse, I decided to go back home.

I don’t remember now what it was I was going to grab at the 7-11 on my way home. It was just a spontaneous “oh wait I needed ___” kind of thing.

But to pick up where my original post left off:

( this part is hard for me, maybe I shouldn’t care so much, but if I get laughed at about it I will feel so dumb) !

He said “they” had sent him to meet a girl who was a “child from the Fourth”. Her name would be Christine.

I tried to tell him he must have the wrong “Christine” & I told him I was just a mom. He stood on his tiptoes to look at my 3 sleeping boys in the car & said something else that I didn’t understand:

“There is 1...both blue & white…no, there are 2? Wait, there is green…I’ve never seen this before but there are 3! Very unusual…very interesting”.

He turned to me & said “ Yes, it is you, you are the child from the fourth, as in fourth dimension, you see & I am here to warn you about something dark; please, you need to listen.”

That’s when he handed me the card. It was a very unpretentious off-white business card that said “The Wizard” in small, plain black lettering, along
with a local phone number.

He turned & grabbed his bicycle then said

“We can only help you if you invite us to. You are stronger than it is now so it seeks to gain strength by making you weak. The darkness will trick you, good will appear evil & evil will seem good. Once the self-destruction starts you may be lost forever; please let us help!”

And then he left, he just pedaled away.

I never called. I kept the card until it fell apart; maybe 6 years later.

I loved reading this! This was so well written. I believe if you polish it up just a bit and add more detail you have a publishable short story! I loved it! You may not want to go this route but, but, but if you add fiction to it as if you had called and what ensued you have a publishable book I think!

As for what do I think of it? Hmmmm...I've had funky experiences in life that I can't explain so I'm more open to alternative thought than most people. A realist will say it's probably some con-artist or some wako who you happened to run into and who just so happened to be looking for a, "Christine," and it's probably best you followed your instinct and did not contact him. However, I like how you quoted him as saying,

This resonates with me in so far as my funky spiritual experiences are of this vein only there wasn't this "wizard," person contacting me. (I wrote about one of the funky experiences on here in a post down below where I discuss a voidish think that tells people it's God for example) So, I can't fit him into my own experience i.e. as far as I know there is no active group out there who could have helped against the darkness out there. (it's in the past as far as I know so the darkness was defeated in the end and now we are moving on from it as a world but slowly at least that's as far as I know)

For all I know, he is part of the darkness trying to get recruits and trying to mislead. That seems to me more likely than that he would have been a positive force in your life. If this happened before 2012 then I don't think you have to worry about the darkness I think it's done.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 PM

Well, let me be more grounded because now you are probably thinking I'm nuts. What I've learned from my funky spiritual experiences is that if it is supernatural it is probably not any good.

There is a reason skeptics deny so much; there is this instinct of fear and repulsion to anything supernatural the same way there is an instinct of fear and repulsion to wolves and bears it's almost innate probably stemming from pre-historic aversions in our brain so it's best to pretend it doesn't exist.

Another way to look at it, the stuff out there that is supernatural (and there is funky stuff out there that none of us should get involved with) genuinely doesn't like the non-supernatural stuff out there like us. It's almost like a gang or a criminal organization where insiders are accepted but everyone else is met with violence. (I hope that doesn't sound too dark by the way). That is genuinely how dark it is I believe. Again, I'm not writing this from a Christian perspective but from a life experience perspective because I've had these funky experiences which I went into very naive.

So, all in all, my assessment is if he in fact is supernatural and was able to divine that a you, a Christine, was going to be there that day and had you accepted his invitation it would not, not have turned out well for you.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:48 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Well, let me be more grounded because now you are probably thinking I'm nuts. What I've learned from my funky spiritual experiences is that if it is supernatural it is probably not any good.

There is a reason skeptics deny so much; there is this instinct of fear and repulsion to anything supernatural the same way there is an instinct of fear and repulsion to wolves and bears it's almost innate probably stemming from pre-historic aversions in our brain so it's best to pretend it doesn't exist.

Another way to look at it, the stuff out there that is supernatural (and there is funky stuff out there that none of us should get involved with) genuinely doesn't like the non-supernatural stuff out there like us. It's almost like a gang or a criminal organization where insiders are accepted but everyone else is met with violence. (I hope that doesn't sound too dark by the way). That is genuinely how dark it is I believe. Again, I'm not writing this from a Christian perspective but from a life experience perspective because I've had these funky experiences which I went into very naive.

So, all in all, my assessment is if he in fact is supernatural and was able to divine that a you, a Christine, was going to be there that day and had you accepted his invitation it would not, not have turned out well for you.
I have to disagree that there is an instinct of fear and repulsion to animals such as wolves and bears. I for one find wolves and bears to be majestic creatures. Now there was a theory that many people have this fear of spiders and snakes due to what you describe, but this too has been questioned: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0320132646.htm

I also disagree that anything supernatural is automatically negative. I actually think it is the opposite. Wouldn't spirits of deceased people be considered supernatural?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:54 PM

I apologize if I keep coming back to your post but I really enjoyed what you wrote and I just thought of something.

The thing that stuck out to me and might of stuck out to you is that guy was a red head.

In one of my funky spiritual experiences I learned that there might, might, might be a group of natural born red heads in America that are keenly aware of the supernatural but violently opposed it--I mean violently opposed to it, so not people you want to mess with. The only thing is they are all natural born red heads--no hair dying--and they only stick to each other so non-red heads are not only not allowed but are generally met with distrust and aloofness. I'm not certain what is special about being a natural born red head, it's something that is like the exact opposite of supernatural I believe.

However, this group is pretty nomadic meaning they are consistently moving from one place to another because of all the supernatural junk out there, which they are always violently rejecting. I don't believe any one of them would call themselves, "the wizard," though because they are violently opposed to the supernatural. And if you are not a red head or part of their thing they would not want to have anything to do with you. The overall idea of them is to keep themselves protected against the supernatural.

However, that is just an afterthought and I'm not certain if it applies to your situation. If anyone has ever heard of them definitely chime in.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I have to disagree that there is an instinct of fear and repulsion to animals such as wolves and bears. I for one find wolves and bears to be majestic creatures. Now there was a theory that many people have this fear of spiders and snakes due to what you describe, but this too has been questioned: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0320132646.htm

I also disagree that anything supernatural is automatically negative. I actually think it is the opposite. Wouldn't spirits of deceased people be considered supernatural?
That's a good point. I am seeing a medium next week and mediums are supernatural and so is communicating with deceased loved ones. So, it may not be the case that everything supernatural is automatically bad. (I kind of don't consider Heaven supernatural because I kind of equate supernatural with anything in this universe that is not natural or dictated by natural laws but that exists and Heaven is outside the universe)

However, however, however, there is a difference in degree between someone who can, "just," communicate with those in Heaven and those who actually can do very funky stuff and bad staff. I'm not referring to Satan, although that is a problem, but a whole world of funky false gods and goddesses out there that facilitate people doing bad stuff in general. So, maybe it's not everyone but I would say many who go down this path and can do it aren't doing good things.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
thank you artifice32! as i read your reply i remembered the way it made me feel when it happened & you are right; it was something i needed to stay out of! i have known for a long time that i am truly a very bad judge of character & this is probably why i have been second guessing myself recently.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:50 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Thx Coschristi for sharing this story! It's extremely fascinating and even though he may have come across as crazy, his words are very haunting. I wonder what he meant with talking about the different colors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal