U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 12:17 PM

8,000 posts, read 3,710,777 times

Advertisements

1st time posting in this forum, never told anyone about this before & need serious replies:
Say, you pull into a convenience store parking lot on your way home but you don't exit your car right away because your fiddling with something. a small man with curly red hair and beard on a bicycle rides up, jumps off his bike & starts pacing back & fourth. you are amused by casually thinking to yourself that he looks like a leprechaun but then you notice that he's approaching girls, asking them something at which point they shake there head "no". you decide not to get out of your car because he's probably panhandeling & you are not in the mood for all that. then the store clerk comes out to confront him & they are standing close enough for you to hear her say "no i'm sorry, my name is not Christine, nobody that works here is named Christine. sorry!" he looks dejected and says "but they said she would be here?".
you want to leave but as the clerk turns to return inside, he sees you & you know you are stuck.
because;your name is Christine.
and it gets much, much, weirder from there. i don't think im ready to go into it yet but if i don't it's going to drive me crazy. has anyone ever heard of this before?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 01:26 PM

9,982 posts, read 7,376,348 times
I have some questions..

- was it a dream ?
- what was he wearing ?
- where did it happen ?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,470,108 times
tell the rest of the story and maybe others can help you figure it out.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:24 PM

8,000 posts, read 3,710,777 times
hi again & thank for your replies!
No, it was not a dream. he ended up giving me a buisness card! it was a plain light yellow card & all it had on it was a phone number and the name "the wizard". i kept it for years, until it was falling apart but i never did call the number. I remember that he was dressed in somewhat shabby clothes; brown pants & long sleeve shirt & they were really baggy. probably because he was so small, he probably could have fit better into childrens sizes. i guess thats why i initially thought he was asking to bum money before he was close enough to my car for me to hear what he was saying. it happened 24 years ago at a 7-11 on Nevada ave. here in colorado springs, colorado. I don't know why i'm doing this now, it's been bothering me for about a month now & i can't make it stop like something is drawing me in. and yes, i will tell the rest. i am awful at typing, however, it will take me a bit. i actually did try to post the whole story last night..it took me 2 hours and then this webpage "timed out" & i lost everything!

Old 05-09-2015, 02:41 PM

11,560 posts, read 14,593,415 times
I personally think It was just a random weirdo, And you made the right choice by not calling the # or getting involved. I say chalk it up to one of life's fleeting and unusual encounters with strange people.

Old 05-09-2015, 03:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 7,376,348 times
Ok, tell the rest of the story when you can. I take it you don't have the card anymore and
don't remember the number ?
There is a legend about an old man with red hair haunting, but that's in Massachusetts.
What I find interesting is that he was looking for Christine, and that's your name.
Also, he had red hair, which is associated with witches and warlocks.. then, he wrote "the wizard".

Old 05-09-2015, 04:43 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,470,108 times
Type the story elsewhere on your computer then copy and paste it here.

When I was in high school me and a friend went to a museum and a guy who claimed he was Jesus kept following us and telling us these bizarre things. I never thought it was anything more than just an eccentric person, or someone off their meds.

I am interested what else happened in your case with this wizard.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 6,306,730 times
So when did this guy cal you what you said in the title?

Post again when you've written the rest of your short story.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:04 PM

424 posts, read 317,448 times
PM the number, I need a "wizard" to enchant my neighbor's dog to stop barking.....

Old 05-09-2015, 07:36 PM

195 posts, read 204,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
So when did this guy cal you what you said in the title?
Yes, I have this question as well.

And ditto what somebody else recommend to get around the website timeout issues (I hate that).

Type you story in some other editor like text pad or even your email client, that way you get a lot of time to think it through and edit it.

Then copy and past it here.

I'm curious if that sentence had more to it... a child from the fourth...
... planet?
... leprechaun colony?
... dark house down the windy road?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal