U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 03:59 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,469,203 times

Advertisements

I've never been able to watch any ghost tv shows, but for some reason though, the last few days I have watched some ghost hunter episodes on youtube. I know that show is known to be fake (at least that is what I read), but I was wondering about some of the equipment they use to measure ghost activity (or whatever it's called).

This equipment that supposedly records or measures something that tells these ghost hunter guys there might be some paranormal activity going on, could that be used during a medium reading? There are mediums that claim they can see spirits and hear them, so would this equipment pick something up if this was the case?

I have read some articles written by these paranormal investigators, and so far they all seem to think that there is no way a medium can do what they claim to do. One paranormal investigator wrote that she has been in homes where the owners thought the house was haunted by a spirit, and sometimes they will call the investigators to come in at the same time as a psychic medium. She wrote that the psychic mediums will always start feeling a presence in the house, but nothing is ever picked up by the investigator on the equipment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 04:08 AM

19,345 posts, read 14,813,774 times
Hi Ashley,

Machines can measure a temperature drop, imo....other things? Don't know.

If a medium felt something but a 'machine' didn't...it would mean nothing to me, personally.

And who are these people claiming a medium can't detect things
from the unseen world...
of course, they can...I can...and I'm no medium! Ha!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Ashley,

Machines can measure a temperature drop, imo....other things? Don't know.

If a medium felt something but a 'machine' didn't...it would mean nothing to me, personally.

And who are these people claiming a medium can't detect things
from the unseen world...
of course, they can...I can...and I'm no medium! Ha!
Yes, but many mediums also say that they can actually see the spirit (not just feel), and will often tell people that the spirit is standing next to them. I would think that these paranormal investigators would be able to get some kind of reading on their machines when a medium is telling someone a spirit is right there standing in the room.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:26 AM

87,865 posts, read 81,672,970 times
It's interesting. Sometimes in the case of "ghost" activity in a house, animals react to the invisible presence. So presumably, whatever the animals are reacting to could be picked up by a device that measured electro-magnetic energy, possibly. If that's what the animals are reacting to. Is the same kind of energy present during mediumship? You'd think so. But no one's tested that.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM

867 posts, read 786,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I've never been able to watch any ghost tv shows, but for some reason though, the last few days I have watched some ghost hunter episodes on youtube. I know that show is known to be fake (at least that is what I read), but I was wondering about some of the equipment they use to measure ghost activity (or whatever it's called).

This equipment that supposedly records or measures something that tells these ghost hunter guys there might be some paranormal activity going on, could that be used during a medium reading? There are mediums that claim they can see spirits and hear them, so would this equipment pick something up if this was the case?

I have read some articles written by these paranormal investigators, and so far they all seem to think that there is no way a medium can do what they claim to do. One paranormal investigator wrote that she has been in homes where the owners thought the house was haunted by a spirit, and sometimes they will call the investigators to come in at the same time as a psychic medium. She wrote that the psychic mediums will always start feeling a presence in the house, but nothing is ever picked up by the investigator on the equipment.
You can actually get free EVP apps on Android and iPhone. There is a show called Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel but you can probably find it on Youtube or Hulu. The Ghost Adventure guys on occasion will bring in a Medium. They also get the most evidence and it doesn't seem fake.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's interesting. Sometimes in the case of "ghost" activity in a house, animals react to the invisible presence. So presumably, whatever the animals are reacting to could be picked up by a device that measured electro-magnetic energy, possibly. If that's what the animals are reacting to. Is the same kind of energy present during mediumship? You'd think so. But no one's tested that.
Yes, exactly. Can that energy be somehow measured like those paranormal investigators seem to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
You can actually get free EVP apps on Android and iPhone. There is a show called Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel but you can probably find it on Youtube or Hulu. The Ghost Adventure guys on occasion will bring in a Medium. They also get the most evidence and it doesn't seem fake.
I will have to look up that show on youtube, never heard of it. When they bring in a medium, and the medium senses something, do they get readings at the same time the medium is sensing spirits?

I was watching an interview with a medium, it was in a theater, and this medium was looking around claiming she could see spirits sitting in some of the seats, and she was waving to them. That is when I thought, I wonder if those people that get readings on their devices would be able to get one when this medium was seeing these spirits.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:13 PM

867 posts, read 786,907 times
Hey Ms. Ashly:

I found the episode where they use a young medium at a haunted location and the medium and the equipment coincide. The young medium is about to collapse and then on their infrared camera they see a ghostly orb run into her at the same time. There are other episodes where the medium and the equipment coincide but this is the one I can remember most clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7kwzqoB3s

Old 05-13-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Hey Ms. Ashly:

I found the episode where they use a young medium at a haunted location and the medium and the equipment coincide. The young medium is about to collapse and then on their infrared camera they see a ghostly orb run into her at the same time. There are other episodes where the medium and the equipment coincide but this is the one I can remember most clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7kwzqoB3s
Thanks, I'm going to check it out. This is exactly what I was interested in seeing. It would be very cool if one of the more famous mediums would be willing to have these kinds of tests done while they do readings for people.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:06 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,020,169 times
As I understand it -
The energies out there are different types which give us other 'dimensions'. If you accept that our physical body is a blob of energy vibrating at a particular rate, then we are 'made' so that our brains can interpret that particular vibration to look like and feel like solid 3D objects. This 3D life seems 'normal' to most of us yet mediums can perceive or pick up on other frequencies which seem 'normal' to them.

Now, our mind (not our physical brain) is a giant receiving station for energies of all kinds and different frequencies but for most people is only tuned into the 3D world and can only 'pick up' the energies our science knows about at the moment.

Some of those frequencies these mediums pick up on may also be our own frequencies in our own aura or energy body. This is where our thoughts and hopes hang out and are stored which can be read if you are open to and can itune into and nterpret those particular frequencies.

As soon as some scientist somewhere develops a device to pick up other frequencies or vibrations, then we have a testable, repeatable and measurable way to validate the other vibrations such as ghosts, aliens, whatever.

Currently we are like a giand fishbowl and someone putting their hand into the water would be detected by all the fish(us) in the area of the hand and a fish swimming near to the glass may see shapes moving nearby but the others swimming in the centre of the fish tank may not see.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
As I understand it -
The energies out there are different types which give us other 'dimensions'. If you accept that our physical body is a blob of energy vibrating at a particular rate, then we are 'made' so that our brains can interpret that particular vibration to look like and feel like solid 3D objects. This 3D life seems 'normal' to most of us yet mediums can perceive or pick up on other frequencies which seem 'normal' to them.

Now, our mind (not our physical brain) is a giant receiving station for energies of all kinds and different frequencies but for most people is only tuned into the 3D world and can only 'pick up' the energies our science knows about at the moment.

Some of those frequencies these mediums pick up on may also be our own frequencies in our own aura or energy body. This is where our thoughts and hopes hang out and are stored which can be read if you are open to and can itune into and nterpret those particular frequencies.

As soon as some scientist somewhere develops a device to pick up other frequencies or vibrations, then we have a testable, repeatable and measurable way to validate the other vibrations such as ghosts, aliens, whatever.

Currently we are like a giand fishbowl and someone putting their hand into the water would be detected by all the fish(us) in the area of the hand and a fish swimming near to the glass may see shapes moving nearby but the others swimming in the centre of the fish tank may not see.
Yes, I wonder if one day they will have a way to pick up other frequencies/vibrations. I'm sure that will happen in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal