U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 01:36 PM

12 posts, read 12,929 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm posting this to see if anyone can give me any feed back on something I believe I saw.

This happened to me about a month ago and I'm wondering if maybe I'm over thinking.

I was laying in my bed getting ready to go to sleep when I saw a light flash very similar to that of a camera. My first thought was that someone was taking pictures of me outside my window (One of my siblings is very playful). I got out of my bed, and noticed my dark curtains were closed, I also checked outside only to find a dark backyard. I start looking around to find any sources of light but realized there no such thing. (cellphones, electronics...ect) I am sure I saw a bright flash in my room that came from within... but I can't figure where it's from...

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 03:32 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,392,237 times
There are several medical explanations for what you experienced.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,474,695 times
Were your eyes closed? Have you had your eyes checked lately? Are you taking any medications? I agree, that there is most likely a medical explanation for this. If it continues to happen then I would get my eyes checked out. Now if there was someone else in the room with you and they saw the same thing then I would wonder what it could be.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:34 PM

5,105 posts, read 7,030,309 times
Yes, please get your eyes checked right away if it happens again and/or there is an increase in "floaters"
in either eye.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:46 PM

867 posts, read 789,096 times
Hello! Welcome to City Data.

I know exactly what you are talking about and tell you with a hundred percent certainty it is a medical issue because I have gone through it. From my experience, when you blink it looks like a camera has flashed either around your body or somewhere in the room. That is what makes this condition confusing because it doesn't look like it is coming from your eyes; from your perspective it genuinely looks like an outside source.

If you do a Google search or even go onto WebMD you can find that this is the symptom of a couple of eye conditions that vary. I had to see an eye doctor and in my case we are just monitoring it but in other cases, if it is persistent, it can be severe. So, please, please, please do get your eyes checked.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 AM

12 posts, read 12,929 times
What if there happened to be a second person in the room who also saw it? Thank you all for your feedback!

Old 05-15-2015, 03:20 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,392,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snnmiguel View Post
What if there happened to be a second person in the room who also saw it?...
But there wasn't.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:22 PM

125 posts, read 105,891 times
Ghosts????

Old 05-15-2015, 06:50 PM

867 posts, read 789,096 times
Quote:
What if there happened to be a second person in the room who also saw it? Thank you all for your feedback!
Just to be on the safe side rule out the eye issue. That's what I highly recommend.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:17 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,474,695 times
Quote:
Was there a second person in the room that saw exactly what you did? You never mentioned that in the first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal