Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 08:17 AM

9,872 posts, read 7,642,001 times

Advertisements

Hi, two stories one of my fiancé and one I rarely open up about. My fiancé is into the paranormal and in touch with the psychic realm. I look to debunk everything that happens.

My fiancé said felt an odd presence prior to a light bulb and I believe the ceiling fixture falling last night. Swore she hasn't touched it recently so it has been up there a few good month's. It's above the stairs so I am thinking footsteps going upstairs may have vibrated it loose. What gets me is if the light bulb is covered with a glass fixture in all my years with one on the stairs it has never done that.

Curious anyone have any similar experiences as such?

Next story is a tough story to tell. I remember one afternoon in the basement doing laundry almost 10 to 12 year's ago. It became very cold and felt the hair's stand up. I can remember my eye's were drawn felt this calling. As I look I see this black mass no shape. I figured shadow from the setting sun. However, looking at it no light passed through and it came thicker blocked out the back wall. It lasted for a minute and I was able to turn away. When I looked back it was gone.

Curious if anyone has similar experience as such?

Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 08:46 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,558,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, two stories one of my fiancé and one I rarely open up about. My fiancé is into the paranormal and in touch with the psychic realm. I look to debunk everything that happens.

My fiancé said felt an odd presence prior to a light bulb and I believe the ceiling fixture falling last night. Swore she hasn't touched it recently so it has been up there a few good month's. It's above the stairs so I am thinking footsteps going upstairs may have vibrated it loose. What gets me is if the light bulb is covered with a glass fixture in all my years with one on the stairs it has never done that.

Curious anyone have any similar experiences as such?

Next story is a tough story to tell. I remember one afternoon in the basement doing laundry almost 10 to 12 year's ago. It became very cold and felt the hair's stand up. I can remember my eye's were drawn felt this calling. As I look I see this black mass no shape. I figured shadow from the setting sun. However, looking at it no light passed through and it came thicker blocked out the back wall. It lasted for a minute and I was able to turn away. When I looked back it was gone.

Curious if anyone has similar experience as such?

Thanks for reading!
I repair antique lighting as a hobby, and you would be surprised as to how many fixtures fall out of a ceiling for no apparent reason. Age, poor installation, or vibration over years can do it. I had one fall out of a ceiling years ago also. Nothing spooky about that.

As far as the shadow, your eyes can play tricks on you at times. They are always adjusting for light, same as a camera, and people don't pay attention to that, unless you happen to notice it happening. Like walking into a dark room, where everything is black and soon becomes visible as your eyes adjust.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:54 AM

9,872 posts, read 7,642,001 times
<<<<Good point think the house is about 10-5 year's old, defiantly agree with vibration.

Interesting about the shadow. I definitely would say I watched it grow in a dark basement with light only coming from the sun and maybe a few din light's. However, being so long ago can't remember much details. Do recall not much could cast a shadow. However, do recall having markings on the wall where shadow appeared crack and patches of cement. I can recall could not even see those markings. Being skeptic could of been the cement patches. Sticks in my memory though can't recall it happening again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal