U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:43 AM

291 posts, read 216,774 times

Advertisements

I have come to the conclusion that kids, i.e pre-adolescent and especially in single digits, have the most paranormal experiences. I also speak from my own encounters at that time. Moving house is one example. Occupying land attracts the earth energies/spirits whatever you want to call it.

Thus does anyone have any paranormal procedures for making peace with the land and its energies when moving house?

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 10:51 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,471,141 times
I agree that kids seem to be more in tune somehow to spirits. I have read many stories of kids seeing things that adults could not.

I must ask though, what do you mean by moving house?

Old 05-28-2015, 12:27 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Keep kids away from Ouija Boards

Old 05-28-2015, 12:52 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,742,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Keep kids away from Ouija Boards
It a malicious spirit want to mess with someone, they don't need an oujia board to do it.
A common thing of protection for children is often some sort of amulet that they can wear.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:30 PM

6,289 posts, read 5,530,209 times
It's called spiritual warfare.
With out a genuine relationship in Jesus Christ ,and His provision of the Holy Spirit there is legitimate defense.
As a child of 7 I gave my life to the Lord.
In my teens i sought the Lord more deeply.
My parents had bought some old cabins .and I was given one as my own.
One night I felt a very wicked presents in there .God thought me to emediately take action open all the windows and door and spoke loud and deliberately., "you deamon get out of here in the name of Jesus",and it left.
After a second similar event it never returned.
Years later I met some one that had been living across the street at that time .and they were harassed so badly by a deamon they moved away. They were not born again believers.
Your children need God's influence in them.as satanic attack start from the influence in the mind.
Just like the children of Israel had to face each battle differently,God's instruction are not an incantation.
They are specific to the event. Not just in spiritual things but in all things.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It a malicious spirit want to mess with someone, they don't need an oujia board to do it.
A common thing of protection for children is often some sort of amulet that they can wear.
Ouija Boards are still bad things that kids should stay away from.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:51 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,281,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I must ask though, what do you mean by moving house?
It's a fairly well-known British phrase for "moving," as in moving from one place of residence to another.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:14 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,471,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
It's a fairly well-known British phrase for "moving," as in moving from one place of residence to another.
Thank you!

If you are afraid of negative spirits/energy in your new home, then one thing you can do is sage your new home or use holy water.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:24 PM

291 posts, read 216,774 times
Ok. I will say something of the experience that I had. When I was 9 I had moved house about a year ago. One night I opened my cupboard and saw a burned in snake burned into the wall. It had the "I know something that you don't know" sort of sneer. I slammed the door. I thought "this is silly, it's late at night, you are imagining it".

I opened the door again. The snake was still there. Still sneering. Then the world vanished and I saw endless sand and there were three people chanting a language that was not English. They were dark skinned with head coverings [ turbans?] and they swayed from side to side. I freaked out then. My folks heard me scream and ran into the room. My folks don't get anything paranormal. They washed the wall down and didn't think anything of it. For the next three weeks I could only see this leering serpent in my mind. I wanted to believe that it was a prank. But I couldn't see anything in my family. I thought about what someone would have had to do if a human put it there.

After 3 weeks I had to come to a reluctant conclusion. A human being had not done this. Gulp. Then I somehow got on with my life. But I have not forgotten about it.

I honestly believe that I ran into an earth spirit. I don't think that it was evil. It meant no harm. It just thought "here is this cute 9 year old and he's come to our land, I'll say hello to him". I wish that someone could have understood how I felt. But I had nobody to talk to about it.

Thus if when we moved in we could have had some sort of peace with the land/earth [ Do Buddhists do that when moving house?] them maybe this encounter would not have occurred.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 AM

20,829 posts, read 26,131,683 times
You can sage the interior of the house, use frankincense, anoint the windows and doors to the out side with holy oil.

Some people surround the outside of their home with salt.

Depending on your religious affiliation or leanings, you can read Psalm 91. Or if your are uncomfortable with the Judeo-Christian heritage, find a pagan or other blessing that resonates for you.

All houses and properties have spirits. Elementals (such as the Earth Spirit that you encountered) that lived on the land before the house was even built. Household spirits that may have never been human. Human spirits that may visit, especially when you are moving in and making renovations.

I would read the protective Psalm and tell the house spirits of your intention to live their peacefully, If you are planning any renovations, explain that to them. Tell them that you will care for and love the property as they did.

If you feel any negativity, I would just have a ritual house blessing involving a clergy person. The Church of England provides for this in the Book of Common Prayer. I am not sure about Buddhists. Pagans and Wiccans do though.

Cover your bases and enjoy your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal