Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 05:23 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,387,089 times

Advertisements

Real time earthquake data: Earthquakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 05:27 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,773,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well -- that would be based on Google faking me out. The first three entries downgraded it.... which is common (I live in earthquake country -- when it hits it's HUGE, but then someone interprets the data and it's downgraded) so I figured Google was right.

Now I can't find those entries.
If you look at the seismic activity for that region, there are some ~4 to ~4.5 tremors after the initial 6.42.

Alaska Earthquake Center

Old 05-29-2015, 05:58 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,514,939 times
Well, to be honest, we can't really know how efficient the "Light Portal" is for transmitting "cosmic messages," so maybe Hoogerbeets misinterpreted the message or something. Still, the quake occurred about an hour of 4 am local time (I believe) within a day of the prediction along the American west coast and is reported in many sources as a 6.8 or 6.9, which is pretty good if you ask me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What does that have to do with the prediction?
If I predict lightning will strike a tree in my yard at 2PM today, and lightning strikes a tree in a yard in Australia at 7PM tomorrow, the two should be linked???

Old 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM

290 posts, read 257,971 times
Default wacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Whaaaaaat!????? Where do I search to find THIS prediction. It's sounds hilariously absurd!!
This is going way back. But evidently there was a movie [ I don't know what] in the 80's that had a theme of African intelligent killer flowers. Then for some reason the idea went around that these flowers were real and that they would take over the planet. It went in one ear for me and out.

If I could find the movie it would be a laugh.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:24 PM

Surely if people are going to allow different locations, different Richter outcomes etc, then a valid criticism is that self-selecting bias has been created by more people looking for more events.

So you have to stick to this guy's specific prediction. And so far that prediction has not happened.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:41 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post
This is going way back. But evidently there was a movie [ I don't know what] in the 80's that had a theme of African intelligent killer flowers. Then for some reason the idea went around that these flowers were real and that they would take over the planet. It went in one ear for me and out.

If I could find the movie it would be a laugh.
Are you talking about DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS?

Old 05-29-2015, 07:53 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,514,939 times
All I can think of is Little shop of Horrors - I remember seeing the movie, but not any mass hysteria about it becoming a reality. Th aforementioned African killer bees I do recall causing some fears about taking over much of the southern USA within a few years.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:54 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,530,457 times
this sounds like a publicity stunt for san andreas starring the rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No
So what... Nostradamus, the stars and others were slightly off....personally,
I think the opening of the movie San Adreas fault mixed up the messages.

Nostradamus said Hisler instead of Hitler...give 'im a break!!!!
hister is the name of a river in europe. people gave him credit when he predicted the events of ww1 (archduke ferdinand was the german baby king that was killed). and then 30 years later they gave him credit again when he predicted hitler. given enough time any prediction will become true multiple times.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 05-29-2015 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,914,907 times
Every state gets earthquakes every day all year long...... The biggest earthquake recorded (according to science) was in the area that is now New Jersey....

The earth shakes and quakes everywhere all day every day.,...

Old 05-29-2015, 08:50 PM

The only credit that you can give to this guy is that at least he has made a prediction. Unlike the numerous vague sentiments of "economic troubles ahead" and wishy washy nonsense that psychics like to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal