U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:34 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,306,943 times

Advertisements

And where did that "African intelligent killer flowers" thing come from?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 09:10 PM

291 posts, read 216,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
And where did that "African intelligent killer flowers" thing come from?
I am still not sure. But in case the flowers left us all alone

Old 05-30-2015, 09:32 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,352,319 times
Quote:
...he predicted it to occur within a day or so of an 8.5 earthquake...somewhere on the planet ...that's a pretty good "good guess".
This isn't a game of horseshoes - a prediction is right or it's wrong. Otherwise, we'd have to derive some complex algorithm to determine "degree of correctness." It's funny how much effort is spent trying to shoe-horn a missed prediction into the "hit zone." He predicts a major earthquake to occur on a specific date/time, and you allow a "hit" for that prediction if an earthquake occurs anywhere on the planet within a year of that predicted date/time?

Old 05-30-2015, 11:02 PM

My understanding is that he "received" the information so it's more a matter of whether he understood it correctly and what the message really was. It's also funny how some people will demand "proof" to be exact in a desperate effort to avoid acknowledging the improbability of a phenomena. There's about a 1 in 365 chance that such a powerful earthquake would happen within a day or so of the prediction. I'm sorry but that makes it too unlikely to dismiss outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
This isn't a game of horseshoes - a prediction is right or it's wrong. Otherwise, we'd have to derive some complex algorithm to determine "degree of correctness." It's funny how much effort is spent trying to shoe-horn a missed prediction into the "hit zone." He predicts a major earthquake to occur on a specific date/time, and you allow a "hit" for that prediction if an earthquake occurs anywhere on the planet within a year of that predicted date/time?

Old 05-31-2015, 12:00 AM

12,445 posts, read 12,352,319 times
Quote:
My understanding is that he "received" the information so it's more a matter of whether he understood it correctly and what the message really was...
"Exit, stage left even..."

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 05-31-2015 at 12:14 AM..

Old 05-31-2015, 01:25 AM

15,296 posts, read 14,730,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Century II of the Nostradamus quatrains

II 23

Palais oyseaux, par oyseau dechassé,
Bien tost apres le prince paruenu,
Combien qu'hors fleuue ennemy repoussé,
Dehors saisi trait d'oyseau soustenu.
Palace birds, chased out by a bird,
Very soon after the prince has arrived:
Although the enemy is repelled beyond the river,
Outside seized the trick upheld by the bird.
II 24

Bestes farouches de faim fleuues tranner,
Plus part du camp encontre Hister sera,
En cage de fer le grand fera trainner,
Qunad Rin enfant Germain obseruera.
Beasts ferocious from hunger will swim across rivers:
The greater part of the region will be against the Hister,
The great one will cause it to be dragged in an iron cage,
When the German child will observe nothing.
II 25

La garde estrange trahyra forteresse,
Espoir & ombre du plus haut mariage,
Garde deceue, fort prinse dans la presse,
Loyre, Son, Rosne, Gar, à mort outragez.
The foreign guard will betray the fortress,
Hope and shadow of a higher marriage:
Guard deceived, fort seized in the press,
Loire, Saone, Rhone, Garonne, mortal outrage.
II 26

Pour la faueur que la cité fera,
Au grand qui tost perdra champ de bataille
Puis le rang Pau, Thesin versera
De sang, feux, morts, noyez, de coups de taille.
Because of the favor that the city will show
To the great one who will soon lose the field of battle,
Fleeing the Po position, the Ticino will overflow
With blood, fires, deaths, drowned by the long-edged blow.
The Hister is the old name for the Danube. The line refers to a river, not a person.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:59 AM

291 posts, read 216,561 times
In a later video this guy, Hoogenbeets [?] , claims that he did not make a "prediction". Well, he did whether he likes it or not. Even if he never used the word prediction in the earlier video, which he has taken off youtube, his words and actions were so consistent with predicting that he did just that. If he had another intent then he should have said "I just have a theory" and/or "I do not expect this to occur".

I can only conclude that this guy is a clown.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:08 AM

You can watch this earlier video where he discusses his "number theory" for calculating major earthquakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5bHXAESgvA

Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,878,310 times
Quote:
My understanding is that he "received" the information so it's more a matter of whether he understood it correctly and what the message really was. It's also funny how some people will demand "proof" to be exact in a desperate effort to avoid acknowledging the improbability of a phenomena. There's about a 1 in 365 chance that such a powerful earthquake would happen within a day or so of the prediction. I'm sorry but that makes it too unlikely to dismiss outright.
Yes, the prediction was unlikely to be correct ..... and it wasn't, right?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:13 PM

399 posts, read 336,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post
In a later video this guy, Hoogenbeets [?] , claims that he did not make a "prediction". Well, he did whether he likes it or not. Even if he never used the word prediction in the earlier video, which he has taken off youtube, his words and actions were so consistent with predicting that he did just that. If he had another intent then he should have said "I just have a theory" and/or "I do not expect this to occur".
Or he should've been honest and said "I just want to build hype for San Andreas so that I can make my Hollywood bosses happy."

Guy predicts a huge earthquake will happen the day before San Andreas hits the theaters. How many Google hits do you think the movie got just from people researching this imbecile's "prediction"? It was textbook viral marketing to the point of being satire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal