Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:28 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times

Advertisements

Sounds about right. I can't think of any other reasons for earthquakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 AM

11,024 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Well, if I was a volcano and a bunch of nude tourists jumped on me I would also have an earthquake! 'Specially if there were men among them.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:24 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
Innumerable locations throughout the world were or are considered sacred and have deities with differing characteristics. Many of these sacred locations have been altered or destroyed "thanks" to progress and the apparent significance lost, although the spiritual significance may still remain. So what to you may look like a freeway or quaint all-American suburb is in fact a callous desecration which causes and contributes to "natural"-seeming problems, which, of course the modern western inhabitants are simply not attuned to. People also behaving certain ways at certain locations - whether they're aware of it or not - could also cause certain negative consequences to arise. Whatever the case, apparently some of these people - two Canadians, I believe - are still in the country and will be detained if they try to leave; if we consider their conduct a joke, the Malaysians still consider it a criminal matter, and for the people it will have very real consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well, if I was a volcano and a bunch of nude tourists jumped on me I would also have an earthquake! 'Specially if there were men among them.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:31 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
This is silly, but it is no sillier than Pat Robertson blaming 9-11 on feminism or gays or whoever his favorite villain of the month was at the time.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:31 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Is there much seismic activity in Scandinavia? There were a lot of naked people running around on the beaches in Denmark when I was there.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Yes. However, the nudity in question was at a specific location where it was considered insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Is there much seismic activity in Scandinavia? There were a lot of naked people running around on the beaches in Denmark when I was there.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Yes. However, the nudity in question was at a specific location where it was considered insulting.
Nudity causing an insult to the locals? Yes. Nudity causing an earthquake to happen? No.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Should I start a thread in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum to talk about why this thread is in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum?

Old 06-09-2015, 10:37 PM

And would you be willing to provide any proof for this assertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Nudity causing an earthquake to happen? No.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
And would you be willing to provide any proof for this assertion?
Sure. You don't know that earthquakes can happen regardless of whether or not there are people around, let alone naked people? Malaysia has plenty of fault lines. Thailand has had some hefty quakes in the North which include Myanmar and Laos. As far as I know, there were no complaints regarding naked people parading around to set it off. Do you have any proof that the earthquake in Malaysia was caused by naked Europeans?

Keep in mind the devastating Indonesian tsunami in 2004 that killed 1000's of people along coastal area in numerous countries was generated by a massive and sudden tectonic shift in the ocean. Same thing occurred in Japan. I think it's fair to say there were no naked people out in the ocean to trigger either of those catastrophic events.

This is from last year, 2014.
Bangkok Post: Photo

As I said, the nudity issue was pretty insensitive to local traditions and beliefs and certainly considered an insult in Malaysia. That an earthquake occurred later, it's easy enough to understand that remote rural dwellers (Sabahans) with superstitions would blame the nude people as the cause of the earthquake. Were there any locals around to actually see the nudity? From the article, it appears that the incident was 'uncovered' by photos taken a month or so ago. So it took a month to pass by before the quake happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal