Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,809 times

Advertisements

Its called Venus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Last night, while walking my pet, I laid down in the grass, about 3am, and I enjoy just looking up at the sky. Nowadays, you don't know what those bright lights out in the sky are, a late night plane, a satellite?

I spotted this white light, way off, and kept my eye on it, for some time, and the light would suddenly veer off in one direct or another, and always return to the same spot. One time it did a U-turn, and I saw a red light as well. I observed this for over a half-hour, and on my way back to the house, I kept my eye on this bright light, again, darting off here, or there, and always returning to the same space.

Anyone have any idea of what I could have seen last night? Do satellites do this? I know, full well, it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, as a helicopter can't fly that far out in space.
I do tend to believe extraterrestrials are visiting us, and that the govt is either hiding the evidence or, in some cases, spoofing civilians for some unknown purpose as disinformation for whatever reason (a few years ago a prominent UFO author, Bill Moore, admitted publicly that he'd been paid by the Airforce OSI to trick a respected physicist and UFO fan (Paul Bennewitz) into thinking he'd been contacted by aliens). There are many more examples of govt manufacturing such events.

However the OP incident might possibly have a more mundane explanation ...... around here, camping at night some distance from Mt Shasta, I saw something very similar on the mountain. It turned out to be cars heading up and down the winding paved road, with white headlights and red brake lights - the Rainbow people used to go up there to play with their drums, and also there were people going to climb the mountain very early.

Are there mountains in that direction?

Old 06-26-2015, 03:19 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Its called Venus.
Quote:
I see a super bright light in the western sky every night, no matter the placement of the moon, Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn. It does not move, it is just there.
Venus is easy to identify - it's crescent shaped when viewed through binoculars and it moves on the horizon through the seasons. This light doesn't move so what could it be?

Old 06-26-2015, 06:32 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
No, it is not Venus.

It never changes location from dusk to dawn, autumn to'summer cycle.

Even when it is overcast and no other stars can be seen, there it is!

There is the rare evening when it is not there, because I look every night when I am out walking my dogs.

Last night for the first time in a long time it was not there. There was light cloud cover preceding rainstorms which came in about 5 hours later.

Some reports to MUFON are hoaxes, but there are too many to discount.

People who are out at night tend to see more: dog walkers, smokers in their yards, truck drivers, shift workers, and the like.

Many things in the night sky are totally silent or blend in with the stars and planets. Until you pay attention you won't notice.

www.ufostalkers.com is the MUFON reporting sight.

The National UFO Reporting Center is their database showing state and country incidents going back years and years. A real eye opener.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 06-26-2015 at 06:44 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 07:12 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
I agree, until you pay attention, and focus on it for awhile, which I'll be doing more of, in the future.

Tonite, there were some clouds, but I did see one of those lights, behaving in the same manner. I believe they are doing drone testing here in NV, perhaps at Nellis Air Force Base, north of town.

And if it proves to be drones, I can only imagine the fright the people in Yemen, or Afghanistan or Pakistan go through when they spot one in the skies, as there's been any number of cases of mistaken identities, a drone killing someone that was innocent.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
www.ufostalkers.com is the MUFON reporting sight.

The National UFO Reporting Center is their database showing state and country incidents going back years and years. A real eye opener.
That link up there doesn't work. Here's the official MUFON reporting site: Welcome to MUFON - Recent UFO Sightings | Alien Encounters | MUFON.com it's also searchable and a rich resource to read and you can watch videos of reputable accounts of sightings.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM

831 posts, read 878,781 times
Could it be an ice halo?

Watch: He Noticed Something So Hauntingly Mysterious In The Clouds He Had To Start Filming

Old 06-26-2015, 08:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
I just got back from my walk at 3:30am, and not only is that same object up in the sky, but there's another one to the south, a fair distance, and they're both behaving the same, veering off herr and there, and even doing curlicues, and always returning to the same spot.

There was a party of 3, illegally using the community pool this morning, and I all but directed this woman to look up in the sky as a witness to what I was seeing. She doesn't know what they are either, although she brought up the Area 51/Rachel NV topic, an alien sighting are of NV.

She told me she once spotted a green light, in the sky, darting very rapidly, here and there. Now that would be cool to watch!

I'm going to be watching the sky more carefully now, and I'm curious to see if those same objects/lights are up there again next week.

There's got to be a solution to this puzzle. I wish I had a telescope!
I wish you had a camera or video on your phone, so you could share the siting with us.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
I will try to make this easy on all whom read this. If a trout farmer raising trout via tank raising has the responsibility of raising well bread, healthy trout will, everyday go look at his tank for proper water Ph,tank integrity, and general cleaning, feeding of the fish and anything else that promotes trout health etc. Not to mention anything being a monetary gain/loss. Now imagine our current human steps that are recognized as being Evolution, Creationism,Seeding. If seeding of humans to exist there would be a 'farmer' doing his checking. That is what the ET's are about. At least you better hope so because anything else would be monitoring for a possible world takeover.
So then people are nothing more than farmed trout for ET farmers? "That is what the ET's are about." Are the ET's planning to eat us? Apparently them danged ET farmers have been slackin' off agin insteada keepin' the trout well fed, not to mention the tank is gittin' kinda dirty and could use a bit of cleanin'. If they're farmers that have been seeding, there's more to it than just sowing seeds. It takes providing adequate nutrients and irrigation. Come to think of it, the West Coast could use a bit of irrigation and California is getting kind of parched. Maybe farming isn't the best comparative example to use.

If it's about ET's "monitoring for a possible world takeover", couldn't they have done that some 50 or 60 years ago? The population hasn't exactly been shrinking.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:54 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
Anyone have any idea of what I could have seen last night?
Weather balloon. They're always weather balloons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal