Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 AM

67 posts, read 107,794 times

Advertisements

So yesterday I was reading on a thread here about asking for missing items to be returned. I have 2 costume jewelry rings and an amethyst ring, along with a silver ring that have been missing for months. I thought I had left them at my mom's house or in my travel bag but they weren't anywhere I looked.

After reading that people should just ask for them to be returned, I said out loud (in my certifiably haunted house), "would you please return my rings? I really miss them (one is engagement ring)".

This morning when I got up I thought of how much I wanted to wear the one ring today and just sighed. After breakfast I sat on the couch to read emails and surf a bit, talked to DH while he was getting ready for work, and looked over at my mail/bills bin......three of the four rings were sitting right there where I could not have EVER missed them! Plus, we don't keep anything other than bills in there because the cats drag stamp rolls or anything portable out of there to play with.

I immediately said thank you out loud and told my husband the story. He doesn't believe that I would never have left them there, maybe set one ring in there randomly, but never three rings stacked neatly in plain sight. So I guess I'm willing to attest to being proof that asking for the return of items does work! Thanks all!

I'm guessing the other ring IS at my mom's house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
How wonderful is that!
Glad you got your rings back/found.

I blamed Brownies (the fae kind) for messing with me one time.
I was not wanting to make an extra trip out to the car so I struggled to be able to carry everything in at once. Therefor, I was well aware of all the things I had and how I was going to manage it all. One of those things was a big pack of paper napkins.
Got in the house and just 'dropped' everything, went to take care of business before I soaked myself, came back to put stuff away...no napkins...huh?...they were there. I KNOW they were. I remember struggling with them and everything else.
My husband got sick of hearing my frustration and he went out to my truck and there they were....

Now it is possible that what he said is what happened...I never brought them in to begin with, but that would mean I'm quite scatter brained...

Old 04-13-2015, 09:19 PM

67 posts, read 107,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
How wonderful is that!
Glad you got your rings back/found.

I blamed Brownies (the fae kind) for messing with me one time.
I was not wanting to make an extra trip out to the car so I struggled to be able to carry everything in at once. Therefor, I was well aware of all the things I had and how I was going to manage it all. One of those things was a big pack of paper napkins.
Got in the house and just 'dropped' everything, went to take care of business before I soaked myself, came back to put stuff away...no napkins...huh?...they were there. I KNOW they were. I remember struggling with them and everything else.
My husband got sick of hearing my frustration and he went out to my truck and there they were....

Now it is possible that what he said is what happened...I never brought them in to begin with, but that would mean I'm quite scatter brained...
Thank you, it IS wonderful. I know exactly what you mean, you grab everything, hustle into the house, drop it and then come back to sort. I've never had anything go missing that way but it sure would be spooky if it did. It's funny that my husband was all "eh" because he's as much a believer in spectral beings as I am.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:14 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Below is an excerpt from a post I made some time ago.
It involved a set of special hinges and screws that were affixed to glass.
First you need to know that I am fortunate to be able to have nightly contact with my deceased partner.
He died over twenty years ago, and will still have nightly contact.
This incident posted below was just more proof that when we leave this human existence, it is not the end,
Here is the excerpt from that post.

"I have been witness to physical abnormalities that obviously did not originate from any source here on this human plain.
One example I had recently (and posted it in another thread) related to a lost hinge and two screws for that hinge.

The pair of hinges were of a particular style in that they attached to a piece of glass, and were nothing like ordinary hinges we would use on wood.
Any way, these hinges were placed in a glass vase for safe keeping.
Nothing but these two hinges and four screws were in that vase.
When I retrieved them months later to install them, one hinge, and the two screws were missing.

I knew finding a replacement hinge would be next to impossible, so I began formulating a way to make the glass cabinet door work with only one hinge.
While working on that glass door, I heard my partner, very clearly say, "Bobby, over here".
I turned in the direction of his voice, and there on the bed comforter were the missing hinge, and the two screws.

Now, I live alone, and even any one visiting would not have access to the vase the hinges were placed in months before.
As for the bed, I had removed all the linen on it that morning, as well as the comforter,and once washed, put them back on the bed.
There is only one explanation as to how those screws and hinge appeared out of nowhere.
My deceased partner had found them and put them where I was sure to find them when he called out to me.

So, there are many, many things happening all around us every day that have no earthly explanation, and can only be attributed to intervention from beyond our human existence."

Bob.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:05 PM

170 posts, read 193,953 times
so glad you found your rings; that happened to me once; I accidentally left my rings on the shelf in the toilet stall at work; forgot about them until 9 at night and they were gone; everyone told me how stupid I was to do that, but I went to my friend who was a devout roman catholic and asked her to please say a prayer to st. jude asking for my rings back; one of them was my mother's and the other was one my husband gave me. she did so and one afternoon about 6 mos later when I came in, I worked 1-9 p.m. people came running over saying Jeanne has your rings. I went to Jeanne and sho nuff, there they were; a temp that worked in another office stuck them in her purse, it was a Friday night and she forgot about them and switched purses. when she went back to the purse, she found the rings and brought them back. Go St. Jude!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:46 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Very happy for you!

I have had items that were significant to me disappear into this air since I was a teenager.

The first happened when I was 16. My parents gave me a rather formal Sweet 16 party. At the end, we were given parfaits, and on top of mine was a fancy box that contained a ring. An opal ring, which is my birthstone. I never took the ring off! Ever. As I was preparing to go to bed that night, I glanced at my right ring finger with hopes to admire my gift - it was GONE! My dad thought that when I washed, that the ring could have slipped off. He took the bathroom drain appart. I could have told him - it was not there. My mother fixated on the idea that I had taken it off and left it someplace. I NEVER took the ring off my hand.

But something did.

Another thing that disappeared was a nameplate necklace. Popular in the 60s through 80s and again with Carrie from "Sex And the City". Mine VANISHED.

The third significant piece of jewelry to vanish was a heart necklace that my husband bought for me in Hawaii. I loved that necklace - and it simply vanished.

The last item may have been stolen by a cleaning woman. I don't know for sure. That's the only item that I have any rational explanation for.

Do any of you who are intuitive or psychic have any idea of what might have happened?

I am at a loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal