U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 03:21 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,931,221 times

Advertisements

Some accounts of reincarnation are more convincing than others. The cases I've been studying lately are fascinating & compelling.

Anne Frank died in of typhus in 1945 in a Nazi concentration camp.

In 1954 a girl was born in Sweden. Her parents named her Barbro Karlen. From a young age Barbro had thoughts, words, and worries of another lifetime. One of her earliest memories is of her parents teaching her to call them "Ma and Pa," but Barbro didn't feel comfortable with that because she was still remembering her former parents.

When Barbro would describe details of memories she had from another time and place, her parents disregarded it. Barbro had nightmares of men in uniform breaking down the door and taking her away. In frustration/resignation/despair, young Barbro soon learned to keep mum on the topic because no one offered any support.

At age 8 she learned of Anne Frank in school... Here's the whole story: Evidence of Reincarnation-Anne Frank | Barbro Karlen Past Life Story, Religion & Reincarnation, Walter Semkiw, MD Article

Last week as I was studying this, I was so fascinated that anyone in the world can contact her on Facebook. So I did.

I addressed my question to her in a 3rd-person manner, because although I want to believe that Barbro Karlen/Anne Frank handles her facebook personally, for all I know a PR firm addresses all questions for her. I'm a bit excited because I'd forgotten that I'd contacted her last week, and just now she responded to me via facebook messenger! So I'm thinking, "I just received a facebook message from Anne Frank." Surreal.

On June 27th 8:57am I asked her:

Did it ever occur to Barbro to meet Otto Frank [Anne's father]? He passed away in 1980 when Barbro would have been around 26. Otto loved Anne very much.

Today at 2:57pm she (and/or her PR) responded:

"Some details of a meeting with one of Anne Frank's surviving relatives were given in this video....https://youtu.be/PxsC-TGAwsQ "

That's all the response she gave. Although it wasn't a very direct response to my question, since I've already seen the video in which she details meeting the last surviving relative of Anne Frank, I am forever fascinated nonetheless.

Here is more information:

http://youtu.be/xcUX8ZIwxIk concise version of the above video

Facebook: Barbro Karlen and Anne Frank

Last edited by Zelpha; 07-05-2015 at 03:55 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 04:19 PM

20,784 posts, read 26,065,089 times
I find her to be very believable. Thanks for posting.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:56 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,931,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I find her to be very believable. Thanks for posting.
Indeed!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:26 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,284,234 times
I'm going to look her up on fb. I found this really intriguing.
Thanks.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:18 PM

18,675 posts, read 10,983,312 times
I find the case for reincarnation, or at least some form of reincarnation, to be so compelling that I stopped considering anything else.

Consideration of all other forms of "life after..." seem a waste of time, somehow.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:45 PM

6,922 posts, read 8,624,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I find the case for reincarnation, or at least some form of reincarnation, to be so compelling that I stopped considering anything else.

Consideration of all other forms of "life after..." seem a waste of time, somehow.
Am I to believe that you feel humans are the only ones that re-incarnate?

Bob.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:51 PM

13,589 posts, read 22,220,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Am I to believe that you feel humans are the only ones that re-incarnate?

Bob.
We had a cat named Basil. We adored him. He was grey, part Russian Blue, wedge shaped face, long and lean, had an impish personality, did jumpys from the floor into your arms on asking-- only with my husband -- and big big beautiful green eyes.

Lost him to cancer at 17. Broke our hearts.

One of our ferals warmed up to hubs and for a few years she was his lovey dovey. Then she had kittens in our laundry basket. One of them was a black tuxie, with a soul patch...and he was mouthy! Hubs fell in love with him and he's who we kept...and as he grew...long and lean.. we started noticing the sameness in Knuckles and Basil. He's got a wedge shaped face (think a modern Siamese), like Basil. Same gentle but impish personality. Both very smart. He even answers to Basil.

He's the only other cat that does jumpys. And not on me, only on Hubs.

It took a few years but I think Basil came back to us.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:22 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,284,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
We had a cat named Basil. We adored him. He was grey, part Russian Blue, wedge shaped face, long and lean, had an impish personality, did jumpys from the floor into your arms on asking-- only with my husband -- and big big beautiful green eyes.

Lost him to cancer at 17. Broke our hearts.

One of our ferals warmed up to hubs and for a few years she was his lovey dovey. Then she had kittens in our laundry basket. One of them was a black tuxie, with a soul patch...and he was mouthy! Hubs fell in love with him and he's who we kept...and as he grew...long and lean.. we started noticing the sameness in Knuckles and Basil. He's got a wedge shaped face (think a modern Siamese), like Basil. Same gentle but impish personality. Both very smart. He even answers to Basil.

He's the only other cat that does jumpys. And not on me, only on Hubs.

It took a few years but I think Basil came back to us.
Love your story!!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:47 PM

13,589 posts, read 22,220,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Love your story!!
I forgot to mention -- big big green eyes...

Old 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM

14,027 posts, read 20,244,565 times
One must remember that the concept of reincarnation, with thoughts and memories carrying over from another life, is really a 20th "new age" western pop cultural phenomena as a result of fictional movies and books - really it's an incorrect butchered interpretation of the eastern hindu and buddhist concept of reincarnation.
In those religions, reincarnation exists to a higher, or lower, plane of existence...or to the final stage of nirvana. The individual does not reincarnate, it's more of a collective. Reincarnate can also be as a cockroach. But in almost all cultures (exception being to a few sects, American Indian religions perhaps) the memories are not carried over from one life to another. It's a romantic thought, but most in the east are puzzled by the what the west thinks of as reincarnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal