Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times

Advertisements

Something causes the phenomenon but I suspect it's not the disembodied souls of the deceased. If it worked that way just about everyone would get a visit or 10 from deceased family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 08:22 PM

97 posts, read 91,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Something causes the phenomenon but I suspect it's not the disembodied souls of the deceased. If it worked that way just about everyone would get a visit or 10 from deceased family members.
But that assumes that almost everyone who dies would manifest themselves into ghosts........... my feeling is that the vast majority don't............but on rare occasions, when the environmental conditions or other unknown factors are just right, then this phenomena can exist.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 PM

607 posts, read 601,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Discarding whether ghosts exist or not I think that the way you handle people can haunt you for the rest of your life.
Yes, and I hope the way that a certain person literally "handled" me will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Anyway. /vent

Old 07-27-2015, 12:19 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
this is a real concern, it deserves a reasonable answer and approach.

I found myself with this similar concern, when someone had passed away who had caused me great harm 25 years earlier. I found myself worried they could harm me. I felt like a dangerous criminal had gotten out of prison and could find out where i was and come back to bother me.

I was given two recommendations from someone I trust in this area to use that have been helpful, calming, and reassuring. First off he said absolutely not that they could not harm me. But it was still necessary for me to have something I could use when the concern was there. I recite the names of four arch angels and picture them in each corner of the room, or at each corner of my bed when i sleep. I was told that even if I am not a "believer" of any religion, when these angels are called by name they are mandated to come for protection. I have found that to be the case . (The names are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel. I like the poetic pronunciation with "EL" at the end, Meekai-el, Gabri-el, Rapha-el, Uri-el).

The other was to say a short prayer over and over whenever the concern arose "I bless you, I forgive you, I release you with love." This frees them from any ties that might connect them to you, so they can move on, be on their way, and not bother you.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 389 times
hey , so unfortunately , my bestfriend has passed away , and he was the greatest friend anyone could have . anyways , me and my friends, that were very close to him took some of his stuff to remember him . so , a few weeks later we started experiencing weird things . i was trying to sleep but i couldnt because of what happened then when i was falling asleep , i felt someone shake me , but no one was in the room . i brushed it off and felt someone shake me again but this time more stronger . i got really scared i didnt sleep . then my friend , she was as well trying to sleep , and then she said she felt someone laying down next to her and she didnt move at all . she got scared and called me , we thought it was maybe because we took his stuff but then forgot about it , a few days later , a girl that did NOT take his stuff at all , said she heard him say “wake up im back” and that she thought it was her sister so she went to sleep and woke up again because she heard it again , and from the corner of her eye she saw him , (our bestfriend) , and she ran out of her room and went to her restroom to wash her face because she thought she was going crazy . theres been many things , today ANOTHER one of my friends , she heard someone say “GET OUT” , but she didnt know why and got freaked out she had to go to her parents . so , ive been searching it up , the people that took his stuff which was only like 4 people have been experiencing it but One girl and some others that did not . so we’re not sure on what to do , its actually been 2 months since he passed away , we are all still scared , there are more stories , but i do not want to waste your time ...

Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Sounds like you have been playing with that ouija board again and left the door open. I dont think it is your friend, he is probably long gone to where he is supposed to be.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:18 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,115,843 times
There was a great movie called "WHAT ABOUT BOB" in which Bill Murray cures Macaulay Culkin of his fear of death by giving him something else to be afraid of in Tourret's Syndrome.

Let me point out that whether you believe in the paranormal or not, you are much, much more likely to suffer serious harm from cancer, heart disease, car accidents, violent crime, nasty slips and falls, tornados, floods, other acts of god (by legal definition), accidental poisoning, and yes, even the consequences from an outburst of adult-onset Tourette's.

Pick any one of them to be afraid of and sleep tight.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Plus, there has only been 1 or 2 cases where a 'ghost/spirit' has done any physical harm to a living person...so this tells me its pretty rare and must not be an easy thing to do for spirits.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:23 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaomi267 View Post
hey , so unfortunately , my bestfriend has passed away , and he was the greatest friend anyone could have . anyways , me and my friends, that were very close to him took some of his stuff to remember him . so , a few weeks later we started experiencing weird things . i was trying to sleep but i couldnt because of what happened then when i was falling asleep , i felt someone shake me , but no one was in the room . i brushed it off and felt someone shake me again but this time more stronger . i got really scared i didnt sleep . then my friend , she was as well trying to sleep , and then she said she felt someone laying down next to her and she didnt move at all . she got scared and called me , we thought it was maybe because we took his stuff but then forgot about it , a few days later , a girl that did NOT take his stuff at all , said she heard him say “wake up im back” and that she thought it was her sister so she went to sleep and woke up again because she heard it again , and from the corner of her eye she saw him , (our bestfriend) , and she ran out of her room and went to her restroom to wash her face because she thought she was going crazy . theres been many things , today ANOTHER one of my friends , she heard someone say “GET OUT” , but she didnt know why and got freaked out she had to go to her parents . so , ive been searching it up , the people that took his stuff which was only like 4 people have been experiencing it but One girl and some others that did not . so we’re not sure on what to do , its actually been 2 months since he passed away , we are all still scared , there are more stories , but i do not want to waste your time ...
What are you scared of? Your buddy is hanging around, because he's not ready to leave.

This happened to a friend of mine, when her mom died. This friend is the last person who would EVER believe in anything supernatural or woo-woo; she's very disparaging about stories like that, and people who believe in that. But after her mom died, she started noticing her mom hanging around her house. She tried to talk herself out of what she was seeing, because it went so strongly against her belief system. After months of seeing her mom around, she finally got up the nerve to ask her siblings (who were scattered around the East Coast), if they'd noticed anything unusual since their mom had passed away. ALL of them said, they'd seen her!

Eventually their mom was (apparently) satisfied with watching over her kids, and was ready to move on to wherever she was supposed to go, and they stopped seeing her. But it took her about a year to finally move on.

Your best friend is attached to you guys. He wants to stay part of the crowd, hanging out with you all. Just accept him as he is, in your circle. He'll move on when he's ready. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:11 PM

914 posts, read 641,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What are you scared of? Your buddy is hanging around, because he's not ready to leave.

This happened to a friend of mine, when her mom died. This friend is the last person who would EVER believe in anything supernatural or woo-woo; she's very disparaging about stories like that, and people who believe in that. But after her mom died, she started noticing her mom hanging around her house. She tried to talk herself out of what she was seeing, because it went so strongly against her belief system. After months of seeing her mom around, she finally got up the nerve to ask her siblings (who were scattered around the East Coast), if they'd noticed anything unusual since their mom had passed away. ALL of them said, they'd seen her!

Eventually their mom was (apparently) satisfied with watching over her kids, and was ready to move on to wherever she was supposed to go, and they stopped seeing her. But it took her about a year to finally move on.

Your best friend is attached to you guys. He wants to stay part of the crowd, hanging out with you all. Just accept him as he is, in your circle. He'll move on when he's ready. There's nothing to be afraid of.
Ruth, You seem well-connected and wise in many areas. I always enjoy your responses. thank you. Hope you're around here to stay. Happy Memorial Day. It's cold and wet where I am so most are inside staying warm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal