Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 05:00 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times

Advertisements

Use your own judgement. Don't buy into it just becayse it's said, much like anyone one would listen to.
Check out, Jane Roberts channeling Seth. Worth the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 01:36 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Somehow someone "coming through" carries more weight than your neighbour talking on the same topic, like suddenly these beings are wiser and more spiritual than we are. Yes, they might be, but they should be judged with the same common sense as your priest, member of parliament, doctor, or anyone else you consult. And... I am sure they would say the same thing to you - if it does not make sense as good advice, then leave it alone and move on. One persons advice is not blanket-advice for everyone, it resonates with the ones who will find it useful.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:25 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times
Abraham-Hicks is my favorite channel. Though they don't like to be called a channel because it means many things to people. What they teach is pure gold. Truly the stuff of real magic! When I've consciously used what they teach I've manifested miracles. It takes work though. Lots of mental work and focus to consciously co-create and manifest. Sometimes my manifestations take time and other times they go really quick. I like working with what they teach though. At least for me I've found them to be the real deal.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 PM

249 posts, read 332,413 times
I haven't been able to get into the Abraham-Hicks information yet. Although I have a book of theirs it didn't resonate with me right away, so it is under a heap of other books... anyway I believe that I am a "conscious channel" and have had some dealings with "lower" thought forms so I am looking to potentially develop channeling sessions with a high level guide.

As a young kid I have always been interested in the esoteric and or occult knowledge. I was playing with tarot cards at a young age and trying to have séances in high school for fun. I had never really heard about the channeled material of Orin and Daben until I went to a psychic on a trip to San Francisco and was told that I might be interested in the book "Creating Money". I picked it up and have been an avid "fan" for years. It was not until recently that I have been interested in channeling myself. Anyway thanks for the responses.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 PM

71 posts, read 111,737 times
I think most psychically sensitive folks are able to naturally 'channel'.. Could be both a gift and a curse.. It's a gift when you are able to generate inspiration in thought as if out of nowhere..a curse, when a lot of malignant spirits are attracted to your energy and could use your body as a host to siphon your chi or life energy.. Acting as parasitic vampires and can cause you to lose all sense of structure in your purpose..

Old 08-20-2015, 01:39 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Entities which seek to use your resources are only able to if you allow it.

We are powerful multi-dimensional beings with many levels of 'intelligence' beyond what most of us can determine in this lifetime. We need to remember the teachings we have learned from previous incarnations in order to make the most of our potential in this one.

This remembering is what many of these channels are trying to teach us, and once we realise we are as powerful as these other entities, we can calmly stop them from using that which is ours without our consent.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 AM

48 posts, read 34,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
A lot of people seem to do it, so why is it nonsense? You may choose not to do it, but if you think it is nonsense, then you need to give some reason why you think that.

Only by your own efforts? Do you mean that you should not share your received 'wisdom' with others?
Everybody can share wisdom. But claims someone else may, but too may not be true. And only own meditation can bring direct knowledge. For example about name a "supernatural" being. Like it perform some mystics, mages and similar ..... Only when is a visible manifestation of a being can be the assurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal