Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:09 PM

256 posts, read 333,974 times

Advertisements

I am interested in learning more about channeling and hearing anyone's experiences with it.

I have read several Roman and Packard books, including Opening to Channel... and found it really interesting.

Do you or have you had any experiences with channeling? If so were they positive or negative and how did you discern between a high level guide and lower level entities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 10:09 PM

6,963 posts, read 6,895,568 times
Can I ask you why you would like to do it?

As far as I can tell, what you are doing is opening up your energy fields so that other entities can move in closer. Now... how close do you want them ? Why is channeling better than say, automatic writing or clairsentience in its various forms?

I think anyone wanting to channel needs to examine their motives and to make sure they are not doing it for reasons which will cause problems later on. We attract the kind of entity which resonates with us so the higher our ideals, the higher the entity we attract will be.

Although I have not and do not channel, I think that maybe we use the same (but extended) senses we use to evaluate people we meet on the street. We either 'get on' with people or we dont like them much. Either way we know whether we can work with them (and thats what it would be - a working relationship) or not.

If you felt energies now, you probably would not have to ask how you know the 'level' of entity who draws close to you. I think it is just one of those 'woo' feelings which cannot really be explained.

So, what I think I am saying is that there is probably a little more to learn about 'woo' stuff before you let any entity into your space and allow them access to your physical.
Anyway, hope it works out OK.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:00 AM

48 posts, read 34,520 times
I think that channeling is a nonsense. You can establish contact with high spiritual beings. But my opinion is that, for example, by a long term meditation on the name of the entity.
Only by your own efforts.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:15 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,418,915 times
Check this out. You can access it via YouTube or the web site.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drmedhus

Channeling Erik® - conversations with my son in the afterlife

Old 08-07-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I think that channeling is a nonsense. You can establish contact with high spiritual beings. But my opinion is that, for example, by a long term meditation on the name of the entity.
Only by your own efforts.
A lot of people seem to do it, so why is it nonsense? You may choose not to do it, but if you think it is nonsense, then you need to give some reason why you think that.

Only by your own efforts? Do you mean that you should not share your received 'wisdom' with others?

Old 08-07-2015, 04:58 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,584,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Thanks for posting Shooting Stars
Channeling with Erik and "Jack the Ripper" fascinating; he was a physician.

http://www.channelingerik.com/best-o...nneling-grace/

Old 08-07-2015, 06:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Of course, anyone could think it is baloney, I understand.
But, it isn't.

Is everyone channeling that says they are? Well, just listen to them...
we have an inborn detector in us.

Now, I happen to know spirits on the Other Side are NOT always very high.
They say a lot of bs.

If it inspires and rings true, ok then.

Who would ever want to channel anything but a spiritual being that helps us
understand reality more?
Jack the Ripper? Oh brother! Why not the Boston Strangler! 'eyeroll*

Old 08-07-2015, 08:42 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,584,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Now, I happen to know spirits on the Other Side are NOT always very high.
They say a lot of bs.
Just a bit criptic....could you expound....thanks Miss Hepburn!

Old 08-12-2015, 04:42 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,651,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
I am interested in learning more about channeling and hearing anyone's experiences with it.

I have read several Roman and Packard books, including Opening to Channel... and found it really interesting.

Do you or have you had any experiences with channeling? If so were they positive or negative and how did you discern between a high level guide and lower level entities?
I've had "Opening to Channel" since it came out! Glad it's still popular, because I think it's very good for learning to develop all the senses and best discern which sense is your strongest. Everyone is different.

Another one I really liked for the same purposes was Amazon.com: You Are Psychic!: The Free Soul Method (9780684857046): Pete A. Sanders: Books. From an MIT professor's point of view, it blends science and psychology to explain how we access the sixth sense.

I've never believed in channelers who come up with characters like Ramtha or Seth; it just seems so far out, and the information (at least what I've heard) is so general.

Edgar Cayce remains an enigma to me, though I'm inclined to believe he was a prophet of sorts -- at the very least, he was plugged in to a universal consciousness and could apply it to mundane, everyday life on Earth and beyond. And he did this for 43 years.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM

I really do not think that prophesies are anything to get excited about since personally, I believe that the future is not fixed in stone and may change according to decisions and choices made along the way.

For prophesies to be useful, there would have to be a fixed future, and I do not see how a world could work in that way unless we are all performing to a typed script.

So, to me, channelling is fairly useless unless it to give some wisdom, but then there is a very fine line between 'advice' and controlling interests and agendas.

If there IS such a thing as "free will" then there is probably a rule in the rule-book about not giving advice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal