Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 09:35 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times

Advertisements

A lot of "Alien Abductees" report feelings of someone (or something) in their room after waking in the middle of the night, someone sitting on their bed and "screen memories" of animals.. cats and owls especially as they have piercing eyes like the aliens supposedly do themselves.

Still, sounds more like a standard sleep paralysis episode...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:00 PM

97 posts, read 91,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
A lot of "Alien Abductees" report feelings of someone (or something) in their room after waking in the middle of the night, someone sitting on their bed and "screen memories" of animals.. cats and owls especially as they have piercing eyes like the aliens supposedly do themselves.

Still, sounds more like a standard sleep paralysis episode...
I don't give much credence to "alien abductee" reports, especially those that report seeing "humanoid" ETs......... the chances that Earth is being visited by ET is remote..........the chances that those ETs from star systems trillions of miles away by sheer coincidence look like us......even remoter still.......and the chances of those human looking ETs abducting humans remoter even still.

Now back to my "End of bed" incident...........I can't for certain say what it was causing the phenomena.......but I know for certain it wasn't sleep paralysis.

For one, I hadn't fallen asleep.......and sleep paralysis requires you to fall into sleep then wake again.

Secondly, sleep paralysis renders you paralyzed........ I wasn't.
Furthermore, I have had a couple of sleep paralysis episodes in my life..........and those experiences are VERY different to the one that I had regarding the bed incident.
On the occasions I have had sleep paralysis, I always wake the next morning knowing that I experienced sleep paralysis during the night, not a real ghostly encounter.

I will never forget the night I had the end of bed experience............ It's difficult to explain the feeling of experience to others, but I suppose it be like if you suddenly saw your TV lift 5 feet in the air on it's own.......... you know what you are witnessing shouldn't be happening.......only it is!

Old 08-16-2015, 05:09 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
It is fairly well-known that aliens can manipulate our brain chemistry/electrical systems.
Actually, that would be hardly surprising if they are more technically advanced/developed than we are and have been around for millions of years. Imagine what we could know if our race had been around for millions of years past todays technology.

As for them being humanoid, some people say that there are aliens who have been genetically engineered to enable them to live easier in our Earth environment, and if thats so, then it is easy to believe that they have 2 arms and 2 legs. The other thing to remember is that IF we came from aliens rather than from primordeal soup, then we would come from similar beings. It makes sense that some are humanoid in shape just as we are.

Of course, when you have the whole universe to come from, some are going to look like spiders, ants, mantis or any other kind of creature imaginable or un-imaginable, and just because our Earth versions are not as intelligent as we are, does not mean that the alien version is stupid too. Maybe in a few million/billion years our ants or woodlice can become as advanced as we are now or more so.

There are also likely to be entities who have no body too. These may be the ones we call ghosts, or the ones we feel sitting on our beds at night.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is fairly well-known that aliens can manipulate our brain chemistry/electrical systems.
In Sci Fi movies perhaps!

Quote:
As for them being humanoid, some people say that there are aliens who have been genetically engineered to enable them to live easier in our Earth environment, and if thats so, then it is easy to believe that they have 2 arms and 2 legs.
Who are these people that "say" this........... David Hatcher Childress and Giorgio A. Tsoukalos?

Quote:
The other thing to remember is that IF we came from aliens rather than from primordeal soup, then we would come from similar beings. It makes sense that some are humanoid in shape just as we are.
But we didn't.............. we evolved, the fact that we share the basic skeletal shapes with many animals not to mention internal organs is ample evidence that all animals evolved from a common ancient ancestor.
But leaving that evidence aside..........assuming if we did come from aliens.......then monkeys and bears would also have to come from aliens.

Visiting aliens that look like humans are nothing more than a product of pop culture, it's almost a certainty if ET did visit us, they wouldn't look human........that is not to say they won't share some features, like eyes, limbs etc.........but they won't be humanoid.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:37 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Maybe the physical attributes required for technological advancement is universal. That would mean that visiting extraterrestrials are going to resemble us. But surely we are not talking of aliens on the foot of our beds? Something is giving the impression of a child jumping on the bed and a cat jumping onto the bed when neither is there. Our minds playing tricks maybe? Does that even sound reasonable?

Why would someone who is not given to having hallucinations suddenly one day have an experience that is shared by several others? One could argue that it is sleep related, hence the common experience. I know when I am drifting into sleep or when I am lying in bed still awake and I would suspect that everyone else on this planet does too. Mind you, I know this person who was hallucinating. He was seeing figures coming out of the mirror! He described what he was seeing to me. He was clearly dreaming while awake. But he didn't have just one short episode out of the blue. And he never mentioned cats jumping onto the bottom of his bed! He didn't see aliens either.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Maybe the physical attributes required for technological advancement is universal. That would mean that visiting extraterrestrials are going to resemble us. But surely we are not talking of aliens on the foot of our beds? Something is giving the impression of a child jumping on the bed and a cat jumping onto the bed when neither is there.
I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with ET, but I can tell you it's a pretty weird and frightening experience.

The human body has been shaped by our environmental conditions and our own Earth history with many random events, If for example a certain asteroid didn't strike the Earth then humans may never have come into being.
Whilst science is discovering new planets every day, it's looks increasingly the case that a truly Earth like planet with ALL the conditions that have help life evolve on this planet are very very rare.
To find a rare Earth like planet that happens to have exactly the same random history as Earth......even in a Universe as huge as it is is going to be extremely rare indeed.

Whilst there are some scientists like Professor Conway Morris who advocates the "convergence" theory and that ET may look like us, most scientists have the opposite view where any visiting ET would be very unlikely to look humanoid.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,742 times
Default Unexplained Mystery 2

I experience the same exact thing 20 years also! It was very weird to have read you experience the same.
My sister said it was family returning to check up on me. Didn't by that, at all! I was 47 at the time and
it scared me so bad, I moved. Never again, has it ever happened! Thank-God!

Old 08-17-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyLoki View Post
I experience the same exact thing 20 years also! It was very weird to have read you experience the same.
My sister said it was family returning to check up on me. Didn't by that, at all! I was 47 at the time and
it scared me so bad, I moved. Never again, has it ever happened! Thank-God!
Bucky did you think it felt like a cat or more like a small child like mine did?

Old 08-17-2015, 05:18 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,802 times
Lucid dreaming.

If you've ever had the sounds of hand-clapping wake you , there's a name for that too. It's just something in the wiring of your brain.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:02 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
The only interface we have with the universe we live in is our physical brain, so everything has to come through that and into our consciousness from our senses.

If you consider our mind is like a giant receiving station and our brain is the circuit which makes it all physical, then all energies can be picked up by tuning into the correct frequencies. It is just that some people can do that at will and some have to rely on the different "atmospheric conditions" to be just right before they can to receive unusual wavelengths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal