Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 04:42 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,848,475 times

Advertisements

I had an interesting dream last night. Though there were "scary" things occurring in it, I wouldn't have called it a bad dream or a nightmare. I was more of an observer. And since I enjoy watching horror films, it was the kind of dream I would like to return to again.

I believe in the psychological archetypes. I'm not sure if this was a "wise old woman" or not, a name which I found looking them up today. But there was an older woman. And a man. They were around 60 years old. I think they had been married in the past and were now divorced. It had affected their daughter, possibly. He was a powerful man who had used some kind of "magic" to make himself appear better than before, perhaps younger. But the old woman was saying to him in a very dark and foreboding voice, "No. I *KNOW* what you are truly like. I know how you truly are!" And there was almost a storm like atmosphere, or at least dark clouds, in the background. They were on the side of a hill and she was sort of looking up at him. He suddenly looked down in shame, perhaps realizing for the first time that there was something wrong inside of him, but at least he was beginning to acknowledge it. His face began to become half "fire" like, like a demon in a really technically well made horror film. There was a similar kind of fire in the back of her, or near her. But it was not inside her.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or impressions about this dream if you have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,644,922 times
Could these be the feminine/masculine sides of yourself that you don't recognize or quite like, or could one of them (depending on whether you're male or female) represent how you see your shadow self and how it reflects on or affects the other person (if you're in a relationship or not)?

That's just the very first thought that I got.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Could these be the feminine/masculine sides of yourself that you don't recognize or quite like, or could one of them (depending on whether you're male or female) represent how you see your shadow self and how it reflects on or affects the other person (if you're in a relationship or not)?

That's just the very first thought that I got.
Interesting. I am male. I'll have to read up on some of these terms. But I appreciate that.

By the way, I think all three people probably represent myself, rather than any relationship.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:38 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,665,677 times
When trying to figure out a dream's meaning, there are a few key things to look at and think about. One of those is...the characters are ourselves. This is not always the case, it's determined by context.
Tobiashen's expanding of that nails it.
If these are strangers to you in your dream, can pretty much bet that they are aspects of the self. If the characters are of people you know, then they are to be viewed as who they are, your likes and dislikes about them- and how that is a reflection upon yourself.

So what have you done that you feel, perhaps, shameful for? Did you do something like take advantage of something or someone, even though you knew deep down it was 'wrong'...lacking any nurturing or compassion for the others involved or who would be effected by your actions?...
Don't really have to answer that....we are not playing truth or dare here. Just food for thought.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:56 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,644,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If these are strangers to you in your dream, can pretty much bet that they are aspects of the self.

So what have you done that you feel, perhaps, shameful for? Did you do something like take advantage of something or someone, even though you knew deep down it was 'wrong'...lacking any nurturing or compassion for the others involved or who would be effected by your actions?...
Don't really have to answer that....we are not playing truth or dare here. Just food for thought.
Yep. I also feel like this may be part of a potential "future self" you're seeing, the typical, three-dimensional person you fear you may become (if it frightened you or put you on edge). Your unconscious might be trying to give you a "watch it" sort of nudge.

If it didn't frighten you, don't write back. (Just kidding!)

Old 09-05-2015, 08:09 AM

These were strangers. I think it represents something I am learning by recently rejecting my traditional religious beliefs. I am starting to listen to the inner voice instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal