Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 01:18 AM

586 posts, read 831,570 times

Advertisements

Ive heard about people who dont remember their dreams but not only do i remember my dreams, i even know im dreaming in my dream! Sounds confusing right?

For example, my most recent dream is revisiting my middle school and meeting up with an old friend. I told her "i know this is all a dream, but i miss my middle school days so much thats why we're here. In reality, we're older now. We're in college!"

And there was another dream where i found out my mom was murdered by my stepdad. I was a teenager again, and my siblings were kids. She told us to wait for her in a hotel room but i found out she was dead right outside the door. She was laying there with paramedics and cops surrounding her corpse. I felt a sense of fear but in the dream i told myself "your mom is not dead, you're only dreaming" and instead of waking up i went on dreaming.

Same thing with the haunted house dream. There's always a vo8ce telling me that im dreaming...has anyone experienced this? Im always reminded that im dreaming inside a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:02 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
You're in a lucid state, not REM sleep.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:37 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Yes, I've had a number of lucid dreams over the years. When I was a kid there were many times when I would think I was waking but bits and pieces of the dream would still be around me. Wakefulness is on a spectrum rather than being an on-off state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
Scientists Induce Lucid Dreaming With Electrical Stimulation | IFLScience

Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
vo8ce? Really? You're excluding people when you type that.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
vo8ce? Really? You're excluding people when you type that.
sorry it was a typo. I was typing on my phone...was that your intention, pointing out my typo? Not trying to sound cynical either because people can interpret tone differently over the internet. I'm just clarifying because I didnt quite understand what you are tying to get across.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:59 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I don't recall actually 'hearing' my own voice directed @ myself w/in a dream... that would probably come in handy though! More often than not, my internal dream dialogue (so to speak) just flows as thoughts and images; words & concepts without the sound of a literal voice - if that makes sense..

Old 10-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I don't recall actually 'hearing' my own voice directed @ myself w/in a dream... that would probably come in handy though! More often than not, my internal dream dialogue (so to speak) just flows as thoughts and images; words & concepts without the sound of a literal voice - if that makes sense..
Thanks. I feel like I learn problem solving skills in my dreams. For example, I had a dream on time and I was about to do something that could actually cause harm or wouldnt benefit me so I told myself "you're in a dream dont do that, do this instead" and I ended up doing the latter. I dont quite remember what I ended up doing but I knew I was able to control some things.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:39 PM

248 posts, read 175,303 times
I've been through something similar, I would somehow come to an understanding that I was dreaming and consciously wake up, it would be a jarring effect and leave me with a mild headache and tension in my forehead 10 minutes after I wake up.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:34 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Ive heard about people who dont remember their dreams but not only do i remember my dreams, i even know im dreaming in my dream! Sounds confusing right?
No, not at all. It happens to me all the time. I would be dreaming and something bad happens (Example, I showed up late for an important test at school, etc.) and I would be like "Whatever, this is a silly dream. I'll be awake in a couple of hours and this problem will go away."

Instead of being stressed, I would be just very chill and walk out of the situation in my dream and thinking to myself, "how do I wake up and not stuck in this place/situation?"

Last edited by Quaker15; 10-04-2015 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 06:17 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post

For example, my most recent dream is revisiting my middle school and meeting up with an old friend. I told her "i know this is all a dream, but i miss my middle school days so much thats why we're here. In reality, we're older now. We're in college!"

And there was another dream where i found out my mom was murdered by my stepdad. I was a teenager again, and my siblings were kids. She told us to wait for her in a hotel room but i found out she was dead right outside the door. She was laying there with paramedics and cops surrounding her corpse. I felt a sense of fear but in the dream i told myself "your mom is not dead, you're only dreaming" and instead of waking up i went on dreaming.

Same thing with the haunted house dream. There's always a vo8ce telling me that im dreaming...has anyone experienced this? Im always reminded that im dreaming inside a dream.
You're not getting quality sleep ( my opinion) I can manipulate my dreams as well at times, and that usually means, that I'm not really asleep but my brain is trying to create something and I'm watching the director of the show. Me, myself is part of the cast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal