Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,273,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I agree. I would welcome the OP to tell us what is Unexplained, a Mystery or Paranormal even if the OP's original premise is true.
Maybe all my friends that have visited Antarctica were mistaken and the place does not exist. For years we had people from the area that said the Navy sent them to Antarctica, but that could have been a cover up as well. I don't know what to believe. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 12:49 PM

6,809 posts, read 10,474,804 times
A few of you have commented showing you do not understand that Antarctica is a continent. it is not ice over ocean. It is land. There are mountain ranges, etc. And there are no polar bears in the Antarctic. Polar Bears - arctic. Penguins - antarctic (mostly, some go as far north as the Galapagos, but not any further north). As for the imagery, there are plenty of decent maps - there are even some maps of what is under the ice, not just on top of it. Conspiracy theories are entirely unnecessary, but if someone wants to go building a huge house of cards 'Ancient Aliens' style, no one can convince them otherwise....

Old 10-02-2015, 05:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Why is the South Pole and Antarctica so badly mapped and no detailed photos exist in the public domain?

On the internet the Google map is mainly blurred out, particularly in the middle. There are some photos of the edge pieces though. All this could be because there are fewer satellites which pass over that area of the Earth, however, there are more than enough satellites passing over Earth to get decent images of all areas of the Earth. I guess if we were mounting a polar exploration, we could get maps, and photographs of dangerous ice areas so why not get images in Google?

Personally, the evidence I have seen leads me to firmly believe that aliens are here in our solar system and in fact everywhere out there in space. I also believe they are here on Earth too but mainly in places where humans cannot go due to our relatively frail biology, such as the South Pole. With different biology different environments are possible as habitational places and that is one of their strengths I believe. It also makes it possible to survive in freezing cold space environments much easier than we could ever do.

Of course, a lot of this is total speculation and conjecture, but in my mind it IS strange how we have maps and images of every other areas of Earth but almost total blanks of the poles.

OK, so ice and snow is not sexy like cities and fields but there are still features such as mountains, solitary polar bears, research stations, penguin and seal colonies, and even warm water lakes (in the summer) at the poles which are of interest to some people. In this day and age, there are satellites which are on polar orbits yet we are denied decent photographs of these regions.

What do you think?

Polar orbiting satellites pass over the poles roughly every 90 minutes.

http://eospso.nasa.gov/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal