U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 PM

245 posts, read 601,256 times

Advertisements

if so ,or not what is your opinion of them?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,221,620 times
They're an interesting trinket to play games with, just like any other occult "tool".

Old 01-29-2008, 07:45 PM

25,710 posts, read 25,235,491 times
Well, way, way, way back when I was young, naive, I went to a lady who did the 'stones' thing (I think they were runes?). Never said anything to anyone about my visit there, she knew more about me than I did, and as the year progressed, it was really wierd, but everything she told me happened.
Of course these days I would never consider anything even remotely close to that, it was a one time thing 'before' but wont forget the things she said and how they all happened.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:00 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,074,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Well, way, way, way back when I was young, naive, I went to a lady who did the 'stones' thing (I think they were runes?). Never said anything to anyone about my visit there, she knew more about me than I did, and as the year progressed, it was really wierd, but everything she told me happened.
Of course these days I would never consider anything even remotely close to that, it was a one time thing 'before' but wont forget the things she said and how they all happened.
why wouldn`t you consider it again..just curious

Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,703,881 times
I use them semi-regularly -- my roommate told me that I was good at reading tarot.

I don't do readings particularly often anymore, though I occasionally advise friends and such.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 PM

140 posts, read 276,664 times
Default It's tricky? The land of not quite Prophets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
I have tried it and it seems I have a talent for it.

The cards are a way to connect

But, like marbles are a way for children to make friends in the playground?

We must concentrate on the best chance for us, Tarot is an aside, a powerful trick. People will always need more, yes? cheers Stu

The spirit is not hidden from you? You just choose to peek between your fingers? God is good

Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 AM

5,080 posts, read 13,630,592 times
Anyone interested in occult history, ancient religions, or cross-cultural mythology will find the origins and history of the Tarot not only a rewarding study, but an invaluable reference.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM

16,364 posts, read 15,245,549 times
When I am using them myself, Tarot and runes can be helpful tools to connect more strongly with a person's own inner knowing, or intuition, or inner guidance.

I have received excellent readings over the years from skilled readers. But I trust my gut in discerning which readers know what they're doing, and are giving me useful information. I have to match what they are saying or telling me to my own sense of what "rings true" for me in the situation.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Anyone interested in occult history, ancient religions, or cross-cultural mythology will find the origins and history of the Tarot not only a rewarding study, but an invaluable reference.
The difference between "reading about" tarot history, and actually using tarot.....is the same difference as "reading about dancing" and going dancing yourself.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
In general if you are drawn to any subject, or tool, or area of interest....then there is something valuable for you there that you discover upon exploring the topic further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal