Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 06:50 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times

Advertisements

I work as a janitor at a large condo complex. There's a few stories there that are ...odd... but none of them ever happened to me. Like the fingerprint powder stains always coming back on the powder coated cast iron stair support where the guy from the 3rd floor hung himself. I stopped trying to clean them off. And the elevator he always used somehow stops on the third floor a lot. And the other guy who said the second balcony door on the 4th floor unit was opening every night, no matter what he did. He moved after three months -- no one else ever had the problem.

Well....

Have a resident who purchased a condo several years ago, and moved his parents in with him. Know him, know his dad, see them often. A couple of months ago, it was obvious his father had a stroke, he was walking with a walker, slowly, and dragging his one foot, and his face had fallen on one side. He nodded his head to me with a little smile - his usual greeting -- I don't think he speaks any English.

But still moving along.

Monday, I saw the son get out of the elevator and his father followed, doing really well on the walker -- looking happier, foot not dragging, face looked great. I said Hello, and the son answered me back, and we did the obligatory how are yous and he walked down the hall. Ahead of his dad, I assumed to make sure the walker wouldn't catch on anything. The father nodded and smiled.

Tuesday, I had two people tell me the father had died. The first one who told me I remarked I just saw him yesterday and he looked like he was getting better! She said -- oh you must be mistaken...

Yeah -- he died the Thursday before.

I'm a little freaked. Very little.... the father was very nice at all times. I would expect him to be the same in spirit. I'll be there tomorrow working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 12:29 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
Wow! Well I have to say that I totally believe you. Are you going to mention this sighting to the son?

Old 10-02-2015, 01:25 AM

This sort of thing freaks people out, and we make a good living there, and I don't want to risk the contract.

So -- no, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:48 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This sort of thing freaks people out, and we make a good living there, and I don't want to risk the contract.

So -- no, I'm keeping my mouth shut.
No, I wouldn't mention it either. This may not be the last sighting of dad; the veil between worlds the thinnest on Oct 31st.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:47 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Nice to know the old guy is doing better now he's moved onwards and upwards.

Could have been a memory imprint or could have been the real thing I suppose, but it was an interesting experience anyway.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:51 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
I think that is a sweet story! It just shows our loved ones DO stay with us after they are gone.

I have had my own personal type experiences with those who have passed on.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
That's wonderful--thanks for sharing!

(I wouldn't mention it either )

Old 10-04-2015, 01:45 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Don't know if I could keep it a secrete. It would run me nuts to find out the truth.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:25 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I have heard of this happening before!

Old 10-04-2015, 12:51 PM

Imagine walking up to a grieving person and asking him -- hey, have you seen your dead father? I have.

There are several reasons I wouldn't say anything. First off -- the rumor mill runs strong here. And often, it's based on a wrong supposition. In the past three months, I've heard about four rumors that proved untrue, but being spread as gospel. So -- Father might not be dead, just because the gossip mongers are saying it.

Second -- it's a very profitable contract. Being crazy is a good reason to lose a contract. And those first two are so close in weight they could both be first offs...

Third -- so what if the guy came back for one last visit to say goodbye... very likely he won't be back. It's very much none of my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal