Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times

Advertisements

Here is the discussion of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp18MyMC8j0

Do you think they (pre-historic humans and today's bigfoot) are the same thing, meaning they were never extinct, but just pushed away into jungles by humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
If they exist it would not be surprising if they are hominids and intelligent, but pre-historic humans is a bit of a stretch - since the fossil record of the ones we know of like Neanderthal and Denisovans do not look like Bigfoot. I've heard the theory Big foot could be a descendant or relative of Gigantopithecus.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:07 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
If they exist it would not be surprising if they are hominids and intelligent, but pre-historic humans is a bit of a stretch - since the fossil record of the ones we know of like Neanderthal and Denisovans do not look like Bigfoot. I've heard the theory Big foot could be a descendant or relative of Gigantopithecus.
The above video is only 1/4 of four videos? Did you watch all of them?

Anyways, the speaker agrees with you that North America Bigfoot is descendant of Gigantopithecus, and Almas are descendant of Neanderthals. These are two of the four hominids. The other two are the Yeti and Orang Pendek.

There happens to be four pre-historic humans too, which is an exact match in terms of size.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:02 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,976,518 times
I'm going to break this to y'all gently - Gigantopithecus was not a hominid, he was a giant Orangutan and Orangutans are not on the hominid family tree. Gigantopithecus was a tropical rain forest dweller and would have had quite some difficulty surviving outside his natural habitat. Orangutans disappear where their habitat has been destroyed.

This leaves us looking for a surviving hominid and a large one at that although the size could have come about later so that fossil records if they exist might not give an indication of its origin.

Neanderthals are fairly recent hand we all have their DNA in us. Aboriginals on the other hand have Denisovan DNA in them.(Denisovan are related to but distinct from Neanderthal. They did interbreed in the region of Spain where they co-existed).

Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
There are only teeth and jaw fragments from Gigantopithecus so we don't know much other than it was pretty damn big and the fossil fragments most resemble modern day gorillas.

Otherwise, there are no hominid fossils anywhere near large enough to be Sasquatch... but since 'quatch fans are used to grasping at straws it's an easy stretch to throw Gigantopithecus in the mix.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
While I admit to the potential for UFOs being aliens, and the possibility of paranormal activity, the Sasquatch/Yeti just doesn't seem plausible. With the number of "hunters" searching for them regularly, and their size, someone would have actually captured or killed one by now if in fact they existed. Still, I enjoy watching "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet if only to laugh at how silly it is. Especially when they say "bigfoots" as opposed to the more grammatically correct "bigfeet."

Old 10-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
With the number of "hunters" searching for them regularly, and their size, someone would have actually captured or killed one by now if in fact they existed.
There have been claims by hunters to have shot and killed one, followed by covering up the deed. If it got out that a hunter had killed one he would be facing serious charges, so if a hunter did kill one we likely wouldn't hear about it. Having said that, there are claims by hunters to have shot them but no bodies ever turned up. Mmm .....

Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There have been claims by hunters to have shot and killed one, followed by covering up the deed. If it got out that a hunter had killed one he would be facing serious charges, so if a hunter did kill one we likely wouldn't hear about it. Having said that, there are claims by hunters to have shot them but no bodies ever turned up. Mmm .....
Because they found out it was really some teenager in a monkey suit, not Bigfoot?

Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
While I admit to the potential for UFOs being aliens, and the possibility of paranormal activity, the Sasquatch/Yeti just doesn't seem plausible. With the number of "hunters" searching for them regularly, and their size, someone would have actually captured or killed one by now if in fact they existed. Still, I enjoy watching "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet if only to laugh at how silly it is. Especially when they say "bigfoots" as opposed to the more grammatically correct "bigfeet."
Well if you are going alien then why don't these Bigfeet have an alien connection?
There are people from Ohio that say that.I have a friend that has had 2 events where everything electrical went dead for about 2 hrs. He says he know's others that have had that happen.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Because they found out it was really some teenager in a monkey suit, not Bigfoot?
Well, .... Thing is, shooting an actual bigfoot may well be just as serious. Killing an animal that is not on you hunting licence would be a no-no and if it should be protected by law then even worse. Put it this way, if I were to, in the heat of the moment, shoot a genuine real live bigfoot, I sure as hell would not tell anyone about it! But that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal