U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:07 AM

773 posts, read 637,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Do you think they (pre-historic humans and today's bigfoot) are the same thing, meaning they were never extinct, but just pushed away into jungles by humans.
You do know the whole bigfoot thing was exposed as a hoax, don't you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 01:51 PM

12,212 posts, read 11,580,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post

What have you been smoking? BIGFEET do exist.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:09 PM

5,887 posts, read 4,562,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
By the rules of this forum it it agreed that we don't need to prove anything to you.
Here is an excerpt from the rules of this forum:

"...This is NOT a forum for prosthelytizing or for bashing members who hold worldviews that differ from yours. All participants in this forum are expected to be respectful of others' views and opinions ... Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea..."

The forum rules don't address proof or the demands for the same. They do not say participants shall not question what other people claim or say, and they do not say that participants whose statements have been questioned need to respond to the questioner. There's been plenty of the bad behavior described in the rules lately. For example, in your most recent post in this thread you seem to belittle what another person has said by asking "What have you been smoking?". How is that not uncivil and insulting?

As I've said before, if anyone here wants to be treated with respect, he/she needs to treat others with respect. As far as I can tell that applies to True Believers as well as Skeptics (and all the positions in between). I think if this forum is to continue being a place of enjoyment, we all need to take responsibility for our own actions and hold each other accountable for what the rules DO say, not what we THiNK they say.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Here is an excerpt from the rules of this forum:

"...This is NOT a forum for prosthelytizing or for bashing members who hold worldviews that differ from yours. All participants in this forum are expected to be respectful of others' views and opinions ... Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea..."

The forum rules don't address proof or the demands for the same. They do not say participants shall not question what other people claim or say, and they do not say that participants whose statements have been questioned need to respond to the questioner. There's been plenty of the bad behavior described in the rules lately. For example, in your most recent post in this thread you seem to belittle what another person has said by asking "What have you been smoking?". How is that not uncivil and insulting?

As I've said before, if anyone here wants to be treated with respect, he/she needs to treat others with respect. As far as I can tell that applies to True Believers as well as Skeptics (and all the positions in between). I think if this forum is to continue being a place of enjoyment, we all need to take responsibility for our own actions and hold each other accountable for what the rules DO say, not what we THiNK they say.
Consider the forum we are posting in. I see nothing wrong with what i said. Where has it ever proven to be a hoax. I sure don't remember you standing up with me in the past when i was getting raked over the coals.

I am not here to argue. I hope it makes you feel better that i am apologizing to who ever it was.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:55 PM

7,171 posts, read 3,587,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
Well, I didn't know that. I still don't. Where, when, how, who? Would you care to point us to the source of that exposing, please?

Not meaning to be contrary but I don't think versatile's comment was derogatory or insulting or anything. It was the sort of comment one might make in a friendly banter or the like.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:18 AM

5,887 posts, read 4,562,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Consider the forum we are posting in. I see nothing wrong with what i said. Where has it ever proven to be a hoax. I sure don't remember you standing up with me in the past when i was getting raked over the coals.
The True Believers have repeatedly told anyone who expresses doubt that they don't belong here, and (in your words from that very long other thread) that they don't care what we think. If you want people to stand up for you, treat them with respect. We reap what we sow in this life.

Regarding bigfoot being a hoax, I suspect the new poster was referring to the controversies over the Patterson-Gimlin film. Maybe if you ask politely he/she can clarify the question.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:24 PM

21,726 posts, read 19,477,688 times
I'll stick to my theory that the most plausible explanation for Bigfoot, Yeti or Sasquatch is that they are the Nephilim or descendants of them. Fallen angels that had bred with humans and created a race of giants. They were banished to the wastelands and would most likely be smarter than mortals and have supernatural powers. That would be why they can't be found. Maybe they're immortal or nearly immortal.
So many people disappear in national parks, maybe they're taken by these guys. David Paulides, author of Missing 411 is an interesting read.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:57 PM

7,171 posts, read 3,587,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll stick to my theory that the most plausible explanation for Bigfoot, Yeti or Sasquatch is that they are the Nephilim or descendants of them. Fallen angels that had bred with humans and created a race of giants. They were banished to the wastelands and would most likely be smarter than mortals and have supernatural powers. That would be why they can't be found. Maybe they're immortal or nearly immortal.
So many people disappear in national parks, maybe they're taken by these guys. David Paulides, author of Missing 411 is an interesting read.
Getting lost in the woods would explain the disappearances quite well. The areas in question are quite vast when you have to walk through them. Mind you, they're vast when you have to drive through them. Also consider that people who become lost tend to walk around in circles.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:07 PM

2,976 posts, read 4,498,003 times
The Native American tribe I belong to, Modoc, have stories and legends that go back 1000's years as to the Sasquatch, however, the name the Modoc call them is Mahtah Kagmi (the old one of the mountain). One legend tells of how the Modoc first came into contact with them just after Mt. Mazama erupted and drove some of them off the mountain.

Last edited by Terryj; 10-21-2015 at 12:16 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
The Native American tribe I belong to, Modoc, have stories and legends that go back 1000's years as to the Sasquatch, however, the name the Modoc call them is Mahtah Kagmi (the old one of the mountain). One legend tells of how the Modoc first came into contact with them just after Mt. Mazama erupted and drove some of them off the mountain.
I wouls sure like to hear more. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal