Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:17 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times

Advertisements

I understand that it's pretty commonplace for people who have lost loved one, particularly the elderly, to see a "ghost" of the person after their death.

I See Dead People – The Frontal Cortex

My mother, who was a rational and well-educated, no-nonsense sort of woman confided to me that once after her mother had died she appeared briefly in Mom's bedroom rocking in her rocking chair and saying, "Don't worry, _____. Everything will be alright."

I've never had the experience myself but think it would be a rather nice one to have.

I sometimes wonder if the theory of multiple universes could have something to do with the seeing of ghosts. And then there are just nutty people too. But I don't believe that everyone who has that experience and interprets it as a "ghost" is "looney."

Old 10-13-2015, 05:30 AM

154 posts, read 230,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
of the very few people Ive ever met that have claimed to have actually seen a ghost, most seem kind of strange, they are usually weird people that make these claims, possibly hallucinating and believing they saw something that was not there, only in their imagination.

it seems the weaker minded the person the more likely they will say they see ghosts or have experienced supernatural events like a haunted house or ghosts talking back to them, etc.
Okay, this isn't about a ghost, but you could say the paranormal was involved here. Four rescuers heard a voice saying "help me" from an overturned car in a river. The mother had died and the baby was unconscious, hanging upside down in a baby seat.
Do those who think there is nothing beyond the material world really believe these guys are weak minded, or just decided to make this story up?
Here is a link to the story:
Lily Groesbeck, 18 months old, survived hanging upside down in a submerged car for 12 hours - Florida Newstime

Old 10-13-2015, 08:27 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjazz View Post
Okay, this isn't about a ghost, but you could say the paranormal was involved here. Four rescuers heard a voice saying "help me" from an overturned car in a river. The mother had died and the baby was unconscious, hanging upside down in a baby seat.\
There was a long thread back in march discussing this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...nct-voice.html

Old 10-13-2015, 09:15 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
it seems the weaker minded the person the more likely they will say they see ghosts or have experienced supernatural events like a haunted house or ghosts talking back to them, etc.

The ones that believe it was because of a chain letter they received or something, for sure.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welby1205 View Post
How many people "talk to" and "believe" in the HOLY SPIRIT. Are they weird and looney too??? Just wondering.
As an atheist, I vote "yes".

Old 10-14-2015, 11:50 AM

194 posts, read 237,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
As an atheist, I vote "yes".
Lol, perfect.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:40 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
I think this thread has run it's course.... closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal