Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 08:51 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times

Advertisements

I took many photos on a visit to Rosslin Chapel in Midlothian Scotland, This church has a strange feeling inside, and a lot of odd history is attached to this place... On my first visit my three month old camera shutter got stuck as I entered the lower part of the church, at the same time a tourist saw me playing about with the camera and telling my husband about it.... The Japanese tourist held up a big camera pointing to it and saying the same thing had happened to his at the same time.... then my husband said his new watch had stopped too.. I felt ill and giddy in the crypt too... and didnt stay long... When I got home I put all the photos on.... I took three in the same position as this photo but only one had that pink light..... I thought at first it was a small rosebud but a friend then asked me what the pink light was..... Well what do you think...I must tell you that I only went to try and see Tom Hanks who was filming there and knew nothing about the chapels past..

Rosslyn Chapel & Roslin Castle | Mysterious Britain & Ireland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 07:47 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Security system with blinking red light.
The light appears pink because the image is washed-out in the foreground.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:15 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Security system with blinking red light.
The light appears pink because the image is washed-out in the foreground.
Good call. They charge an entry fee to see the chapel, so I'm sure they wouldn't want people walking off with a memento. I was thinking it might be a red blinking light of a smoke detector.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:22 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
...I was thinking it might be a red blinking light of a smoke detector.
Also a likely source.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:42 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
The lights on smoke and CO detectors flash periodically (not sure about security systems). If the OP and the Japanese tourist looked up to take a photo and they by chance clicked the shutter when the detector flashed, they might not have seen the flash with their naked eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal